• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no crystal ball here to tell u the exact year. I think 6 yrs is possible but even if is 9 yrs it really doesnt matter bcos is still a success story for JB city. In city development 3 years is really nothing.

Next year i heard ASEAN fta in force. Free flow of labour coming down from the northern states to work in spore. J b will flourish. Vice versa for sporeans. Correct me if I m wrong.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have differ view with you on Sultan role in Iskandar. I believe his involvement is not merely on his own agenda. I believe he is working real hard to make JB progressive. To me he is doing the right thing. As for Dr.Mahathir..... he is no longer in the picture. The current PM dont dare to even questions what the Sultan decision including the change of weekend rest day. The current MB also cannot be lazy anymore. Is a good sign.

The Sultan is indeed working very hard.
Just only last month, the original draft of the Johor Housing & Real Property Board Bill 2014 actually gives the sultan executive power to appoint board members, dissolve the board and oversees its account. But last minute, the Federal government got wind of it, strongly opposed to it and denied that appointment. And now, the Federal must be watching over this like a hawk!
Just this week, the State was "forced" to implement a special tax, with immediate effect, on the developers for the new land reclaimation at 30 sen per sq ft and is expected to collect about RM104 million! Now, do you think this new surprise will make the developers very happy?? After collecting his Billions, do you think the sultan would do anything to "help" the developers?
So much for good planning!.
If the sultan really wanted to do something good for the state, I think he should immediately order the clean-up of the dirty Johor Straits, thats provided he has the will and the means.
It took Singapore some 20 years to clean up the Singapore River and it cost hundreds of millions to clean the sources and feeders that run into the river - clearing up all the pig and chicken farming, resettlement of kampongs without modern sanitation, relocation of all roadside hawkers and open air wet market into purpose built hawkers centres and markets etc.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never trust the Singapore newspaper report on Malaysian Property outlook. They just try to paint a bad picture of JB because hoping singaporean to buy properties / private condo in Singapore.
It is not that easy to earn a 154th/157th world ranking,
or qualify to earn nickname ShitTimes.
Should read some forum posts with a pinch of salt.
Even husband and wife views often differ, so how about forummers??????

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. If PM LEE want to play punk, he can order mass supply of HDBs at S$50,000 for 4 room flat and flood the market. Singaporeans will all stay in Singapore as its next door to schools and office and no need to squeeze in jams and causeway. Lets hope everything remain as expensive as ever here in Singapore. If Sing dollars fall to satu ringgit, the first to die will be Johor economy.. wont die la but maybe become like Kalimantan

I think the only thing that will make Iskandar Project fail is...... Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong. If he suddenly change his mind not to support the HSR.....or withdrew all Singaporean interest in JB, that will be a disaster. So far, he is super friendly with Malaysian PM. Hope both of them can play golf more often. As long as Malaysia Singapore government both maintain this kind of relationship, iskandar will move forward. Doesnt matter 6 years or 9 years....the vision is clear.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next year i heard ASEAN fta in force. Free flow of labour coming down from the northern states to work in spore. J b will flourish. Vice versa for sporeans. Correct me if I m wrong.

Exciting as the fta may seem, I dont think it extends to the free-flow of labour across borders. I can't imagine Sg agreeing to this, it would simply mess us its labour policies.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sultan is indeed working very hard.
Just only last month, the original draft of the Johor Housing & Real Property Board Bill 2014 actually gives the sultan executive power to appoint board members, dissolve the board and oversees its account. But last minute, the Federal government got wind of it, strongly opposed to it and denied that appointment. And now, the Federal must be watching over this like a hawk!
Just this week, the State was "forced" to implement a special tax, with immediate effect, on the developers for the new land reclaimation at 30 sen per sq ft and is expected to collect about RM104 million! Now, do you think this new surprise will make the developers very happy?? After collecting his Billions, do you think the sultan would do anything to "help" the developers?
So much for good planning!.
If the sultan really wanted to do something good for the state, I think he should immediately order the clean-up of the dirty Johor Straits, thats provided he has the will and the means.
It took Singapore some 20 years to clean up the Singapore River and it cost hundreds of millions to clean the sources and feeders that run into the river - clearing up all the pig and chicken farming, resettlement of kampongs without modern sanitation, relocation of all roadside hawkers and open air wet market into purpose built hawkers centres and markets etc.

What for? Even after the Singapore govt did all these, as seen by many postings here, they still refer to Singapore as Sinkie, treat the govt like they are bloodsuckers, and called the local media Shit Times.

After all these efforts, they still can't win the people's hearts. The sultan will do just as well not caring. It really does not matter anyway. Common folks will not appreciate either way.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Base on the above info, for 2BR 794sq ft will cost around RM794K. Minus of the 6% and 20K will be around RM726K. This price seems quite similar to the condo in Southkey midvalley JB. If it is a sea view on higher ground, is a good buy. You can discuss with the developer if they provide free basic renovation. Anyway, is just my personal opinion. If i talk more, others will really chop me as R&F agent. What is ur budget? u a singaporean or malaysian? for investment or own stay?

Tks.

I am a Singaporean but my mother is a Malaysian..
My intent is to buy one for future own stay as exit strategy..

So I will be buying using my mother's name on the SPM to avoid the 1 mil RM restriction..

My concern is whether is there tax / restriction on property inheritance etc in Malaysia??

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks.

I am a Singaporean but my mother is a Malaysian..
My intent is to buy one for future own stay as exit strategy..

So I will be buying using my mother's name on the SPM to avoid the 1 mil RM restriction..

My concern is whether is there tax / restriction on property inheritance etc in Malaysia??

That is a tricky question. I think you have to consult a lawyer on that. Anyway, i know there is this method where the lawyer can draft a DEED OF GIFT if ur mom wanted to transfer the property to you later. Anyway, are you married? if your spouse is a malaysian, i think better put your spouse name.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a tricky question. I think you have to consult a lawyer on that. Anyway, i know there is this method where the lawyer can draft a DEED OF GIFT if ur mom wanted to transfer the property to you later. Anyway, are you married? if your spouse is a malaysian, i think better put your spouse name.

There are actually 2 scenarios.

1. You buy the property under the your mum's name to avoid RM1.0m When she transfer the property to you at a later date, RGPT is invoked. However, there is exemption on gains arising from the disposal of real property between family members (e.g. husband and wife, parents and children and grandparents and grandchildren) You need a lawyer to draft the transfer agreement specifcally on this exemption. As CSLong said it is a Deed of Gift but I have seen the clause as "Act of Love" in these type of transactions.

2. If the spouse passes on, and if there's no will, The Law on Intestacy & Distribution Act comes in and the share would be divided amongst the husband (1/3) and equally amongst children (2/3). Therefore it is recommended that a will should be in place.

3. There's no inheritance tax in Malaysia.

Hope the above helps.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are actually 2 scenarios.

1. You buy the property under the your mum's name to avoid RM1.0m When she transfer the property to you at a later date, RGPT is invoked. However, there is exemption on gains arising from the disposal of real property between family members (e.g. husband and wife, parents and children and grandparents and grandchildren) You need a lawyer to draft the transfer agreement specifcally on this exemption. As CSLong said it is a Deed of Gift but I have seen the clause as "Act of Love" in these type of transactions.

2. If the spouse passes on, and if there's no will, The Law on Intestacy & Distribution Act comes in and the share would be divided amongst the husband (1/3) and equally amongst children (2/3). Therefore it is recommended that a will should be in place.

3. There's no inheritance tax in Malaysia.

Hope the above helps.

Well explained. Thanks Funniman.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are actually 2 scenarios.

1. You buy the property under the your mum's name to avoid rm1.0m when she transfer the property to you at a later date, rgpt is invoked. However, there is exemption on gains arising from the disposal of real property between family members (e.g. Husband and wife, parents and children and grandparents and grandchildren) you need a lawyer to draft the transfer agreement specifcally on this exemption. As cslong said it is a deed of gift but i have seen the clause as "act of love" in these type of transactions.

2. If the spouse passes on, and if there's no will, the law on intestacy & distribution act comes in and the share would be divided amongst the husband (1/3) and equally amongst children (2/3). Therefore it is recommended that a will should be in place.

3. There's no inheritance tax in malaysia.

Hope the above helps.

tks !!!

That really helps !!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad but I hope this is the price for 20 or 30 floor facing Singapore with unobstructed view.. Then maybe I will consider..

Base on the above info, for 2BR 794sq ft will cost around RM794K. Minus of the 6% and 20K will be around RM726K. This price seems quite similar to the condo in Southkey midvalley JB. If it is a sea view on higher ground, is a good buy. You can discuss with the developer if they provide free basic renovation. Anyway, is just my personal opinion. If i talk more, others will really chop me as R&F agent. What is ur budget? u a singaporean or malaysian? for investment or own stay?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for? Even after the Singapore govt did all these, as seen by many postings here, they still refer to Singapore as Sinkie, treat the govt like they are bloodsuckers, and called the local media Shit Times.

After all these efforts, they still can't win the people's hearts. The sultan will do just as well not caring. It really does not matter anyway. Common folks will not appreciate either way.

There's a world of a difference here.
One is the sultan of the state and the other is only the ruling party governing the country.
The sultan is perpetual whereas the ruling party is voted in by the people.
Its almost like you would not hesitate to spend money to renovate your own property by not on a rented premises.
The sultan had always boast how much he cared for his subject, then he must put in some real action to show, after all, he had just collected several billions from the land sales. Anything positive he does for the state, he is actually doing it for his own good.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps I like to remind you that the Sultan is not above the law. In Malaysia it is a constitutional monarch. The Sultan cannot do things as he please. There are protocols to follow. Yes, agree the Sultan is pushing for projects but here, he is doing it in his own personal capacity in developments and not as Sultan. These are totally 2 different things altogether.

May I also remind that the former Sultan got into trouble for a golf incident and that prompted Mahathir to push through a bill that even the Sultan can be charged in court?

Wah, I haven't heard about the Golf incident in years man, my uncle used to tell us about it when i was younger, such a notorious story and got so many versions some more. There was also one in Holiday Inn many many years back, apparently there was a shootout. They were so feared then, now with JDT, it's their vehicle to love and respect.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think this type of things will happen again la. Just why some say that all this are grandmother or grandfather stories.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think this type of things will happen again la. Just why some say that all this are grandmother or grandfather stories.

Well, last week's arrest of the sultan's playboy cousin for suspected murder of a model is definately not some grandmother story. The sultan must again be very very busy trying to get him off the hook for this and also an earlier drug charge.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what the current Sultan did in his hometown of Johor is not Singapore business. But when he was TMJ, he was already so notorious that fellow Malay leaders such as Dr M dislike him as he is a trouble-maker. He used to fly his helicopter into Singapore polo club as he wishes and even landed when the fighter jets are getting ready to fire at him. A few chief in Singapore such as the commissioner of police was "replaced" in that case. In short, he is a born trouble maker

Status
Not open for further replies.