• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting...

I am also wary of China Developers due to leverage issues as well..

But based on Malaysia's laws to safeguard against those sleazy developers, isn't it now a prerequisite to deposit the entire sum of money to develop the project with a bank and the money being periodically withdrawn once the project reaches a certain stage...

One of the reasons I buy properties in Malaysia is because of this safeguards..

Isn'ts this in effect for R&F Princess Cove?

Not heard of this ruling that money is needed to be deposited. What is normally done is developer apply for project financing once the bookings reach a certain % , appprox. 2/3. Malaysia is a sell then build market. So the money come in through progress billings and that is used to fianace the project. What needs to be wary is money come in through progress payments goes elsewhere and not into the project itself. After multiple abuses, there's no cash flow, no payments for contractors for the ongoing projects resulting in abandoned developments.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come you didnt come to my defend when i was called all sort of names? Pls dont be hypocrite here.

because funniman help me a lot when i asked for information about KL property.
are you sure i didn't help you? go look back my posts.
now you calling me hypocrite. you .. best.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is true..
China property market and shadowing banking could trigger the next crisis..
That is why China is taking really strong measures to curb property prices and credit loans now..

actually, my opinon of rnf is neutral. they should be ok since they have an reputation to maintain. what you bought in is a bit high risk due to the high pricing and it's banking on the mrt (as in, mrt location not confirmed.). but as long as you like it, hey who cares what others say. if the mrt is as everyone speculate, rnf will huat.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the right attitude to have.
Just buy what you like. Nobody can predict what's going or not going to happen.
Just don't have high expectations that Johor is going to be like the next KL or Penang.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls don't make personal name calling, remember last time you are not happy people call u rnf salesman, now u call people stud.

funniman is a real big time property investor. he has many of fact and figure at his fingertip and know a lot , lot about international property. u bang the wrong guy.

Bro, no need to quarrel with boys.
I am no big time investor, at least I thought I was then. But when you go international, I realise I am no bigger than a speck in the real world of property investment. Humbly, I am afterall a very small part time investor.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here..

http://www.hba.org.my/HBA/Speeches/hda_protect.htm

The exact term is "Malaysia Housing Developer's Act"

Quote from link:

9 OPEN / MAINTAIN HOUSING DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT

9.1 Section 7A of the Act (a new provision inserted by Act 703 with effect from December 1, 1988) requires the developer to open and maintain a Housing Development Account. Under this provision, unless the developer is implementing a “Build & Sell System”, he is required to open and maintain a Housing Development Account with a bank or a financing company for each housing development undertaken by him. The deadline for opening the account was August 31, 1991.

9.2 If a housing project is developed in several phases, the developer is required to open and keep an account for each phase of the project. The developer is required to put into the account all payments received by him from the sale of the housing accommodation in the project. The developer is not allowed to withdraw from the account except as authorized by the Housing Developers (Housing Development Account) Regulations 1991.

9.3 Section 7A was enacted specially to solve the problems of the 80s - developers who siphoned off funds from projects (currently in progress) to other “ventures” including for personal use and gratification. The Ministry stated that the Regulations had been largely successful in putting a stop to this unhealthy practice.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no need to quarrel with boys.
I am no big time investor, at least I thought I was then. But when you go international, I realise I am no bigger than a speck in the real world of property investment. Humbly, I am afterall a very small part time investor.

Bro Funniman should share with us, your portfolio so that we can learn mah....hehe.....problem with international is that the taxes for non-residents are high, and hence, leverage becomes crucial in reducing the taxes.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking. Big time investors won't be spending time chit chatting here in the forum. Haha
We're just trying to get feedback and bounce ideas off each other.

Let's be civil. We can agree to disagree..

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Funniman should share with us, your portfolio so that we can learn mah....hehe.....problem with international is that the taxes for non-residents are high, and hence, leverage becomes crucial in reducing the taxes.

My only contribution is:

Buy only what you know, do not buy what just cos someone say is good
Buy only what you can afford, do not buy when you have to rent it out to pay for your mortgage
Buy small units, luxury units can come later.
Lastly buy WSIWYG, do not buy cos sales girls are sexy. :smile:

That's my 2 sen worth.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
My only contribution is:

Buy only what you know, do not buy what just cos someone say is good
Buy only what you can afford, do not buy when you have to rent it out to pay for your mortgage
Buy small units, luxury units can come later.
Lastly buy WSIWYG, do not buy cos sales girls are sexy. :smile:

That's my 2 sen worth.

I agree with most of what you said, except for "do not buy when you have to rent it out to pay for your mortgage". Thought that's the underlying reason for investing in properties? Getting someone to pay for your mortgage.

I would also like to add my thoughts: If you are a conservative investor, buy in areas with gd local support, not in areas where upper middle-class locals are generally priced out. It ensures ease of sale & rent, should you need to do so. On the flip side, returns may be correspondingly lesser, but more resilient.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with most of what you said, except for "do not buy when you have to rent it out to pay for your mortgage". Thought that's the underlying reason for investing in properties? Getting someone to pay for your mortgage.

I would also like to add my thoughts: If you are a conservative investor, buy in areas with gd local support, not in areas where upper middle-class locals are generally priced out. It ensures ease of sale & rent, should you need to do so. On the flip side, returns may be correspondingly lesser, but more resilient.

The key word is "have to rent out"

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a valid point here to minimise risk in property investment.

Lower risks, lower returns. Higher risk, higher returns. For me, as property is a long-term investment, I gravitate towards 'lower risks, lower returns' and the properties I have bought reflect that mind set.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above kong simi?

Sure la...individual projects must have individual accounts. If not, how to do project accounting?
But is is only for receivables...no mention of deposits for the projects.
It doesn't need rocket scientists to come up with progress payments to siphon out money especially with contractors.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure la...individual projects must have individual accounts. If not, how to do project accounting?
But is is only for receivables...no mention of deposits for the projects.
It doesn't need rocket scientists to come up with progress payments to siphon out money especially with contractors.

Ya..seems like it is upstream A tai chi. Mai chap siao. -just a layman. :p

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny leh, if this so-called Housing Development Account was supposed to be implemented by 31 August 1991, but between 1991 and 2012, I've heard of several cases of developers (in Johor at least) abandoning their projects and absconding with their clients' money with very little or no recourse of recovering the money already paid by their purchasers. How is it so?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you be more specific which developer you are taking about that abandon their project in the last 5 years? Or give one example.
Aiyo, just do a GOOGLE Search and you'll find out lah. Why must still spoon feed?

Greedy developers are the primary cause of many abandoned housing developments in Johor.

There were 12 abandoned developments comprising of over 4,616 residential units, said Datuk Ahmad Zahri Jamil (pictured), Chairman of State Local Government and Housing Committee.

"They (greedy developers) want to finish their projects early to make huge profits without having a strong cash flow," he said.

The Johor Baru district has the most number of abandoned projects with four in Taman Mewah Jaya, Taman Desa Larkin, Taman Seri Baiduri and Taman Cahaya Kota Puteri.

Next is the Ledang district with three abandoned projects in Taman Sri Emas 7, Taman Sri Nilam and Taman Tangkak Emas. Meanwhile, Batu Pahat district’s three abandoned projects were situated in Taman Emas Surya, Taman Jasa Amir and Bandar Putera Indah.

For the Kluang district, the two abandoned projects are located in Taman Sri Layang-Layang and Taman Mengkibol.

"Several steps have been taken to revive these projects," said Ahmad Zahri in a reply to Ng Lam Hua (DAP-Mengkibol) during the state assembly meeting last Friday.

New developers had been chosen to take over the development with one developer appointed by the state government while eight developers appointed by the Housing and Local Government Ministry.

The ministry is still finalising the selection of new developers to revive the projects in Taman Sri Layang-Layang in Kluang, Taman Emas Surya in Batu Pahat and Taman Mewah Jaya in Johor Baru.

"We have to make sure that it is a win-win situation for both the new developers and house buyers," he added.

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/3/3176/abandoned-projects-in-johor-due-to-greedy-develope

Even when I purchased my subsale house in JB in 2009, my JB lawyer even advised me to purchase those ready built ones if I were to buy a new house instead.

But to be fair, even Singapore also has "black-sheep" developers. The slight advantage is that the law in Singapore gives it a better chance for swindled purchasers to seek for an eventual recourse, although not to the full satisfaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.