• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, you guys know how far from R&F Princess Cove to the RTS Station?
Its only less than 800metres aways / 2 mins driving distance / 10 minutes walking distance!! Congrats to the buyers of RnF!

I just learned from the locals that 800m is considered damn far by local MY standard.:p

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just learned from the locals that 800m is considered damn far by local MY standard.:p

Malaysian got short legs la so it is very far. Some people got LONG legs, so it is 10 mins lor.
Try that in the hot and wet monsoon season and with heavy traffic. Also not to forget the mat rempits and security.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely R&F will provide regular FOC shuttle buses but I think the roads around JB Sentral & RTS will be quite jammed in future during peak hours. It may be faster to walk.

For non-peak hours, the distance should still be ok for residential buyers, considering the short distance but R&F retail units must surely be a no-no for investment now.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
being too near could be a double edge sword.
noise, crowded and congested with human traffic, motorbike, cars, buses and haphazard parking msia style :biggrin:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also, M'sia 800m is no joy to walk as sidewalks are not pedestrian friendly or safe....ie. if MPJB builds pedestrial sidewalks at all...Pedestrian crossings across busy roads are another matter (and there will be many to cross in the city centre)...and you can forget about sheltered walkways.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely R&F will provide regular FOC shuttle buses but I think the roads around JB Sentral & RTS will be quite jammed in future during peak hours. It may be faster to walk.

For non-peak hours, the distance should still be ok for residential buyers, considering the short distance but R&F retail units must surely be a no-no for investment now.

There is no such things as FOC in this world.
If you want a regular shuttle bus service, then you need to pay for it.
So are the residents willing to fork out a higher maintenance fee in order to support a shuttle service?
However if most residents are weekenders, I'm sure a higher fees is a NO NO!
But then, if the shopping mall management is smart enough, they should however provide regular shuttle service, just like Changi point and Great world city that shuttles between MRT stations and the mall.
In this case, the residents can hop on the buses for free, during shopping hours.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

So are the residents willing to fork out a higher maintenance fee in order to support a shuttle service?
But then, if the shopping mall management is smart enough, they should however provide regular shuttle service, just like Changi Point and Great world city that shuttles between MRT stations and the mall.
In this case, the residents can hop on the buses for free, during shopping hours.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is quite far for 800m.. Esp. Older folk planning to buy think the station is just next door
Be prepared to get rob.. even before the old folk can reach the station

Last edited:

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is 1.5km away...

Not 800m...

I am curious how will the whole station be built..
Especially the rail line...

Bukit Chagar may have the ready land but to reach it... the whole rail must be underground or use existing KTM line..
it will be silly to use Bukit Chagar via underground rail due to the huge cost of tunneling so far..

Also, now apart from the confirmation by Minister of Transport on 2 newspaper article only, no one else dare to verify it.

Something is fishy here.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar launches hit by delays

Waiting for regulatory approval among reasons cited by S'pore developers
Published on Sep 25, 2014 1:08 AM

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/money/story/iskandar-launches-hit-delays-20140925

LAUNCHES by Singapore property players in the Iskandar Malaysia development zone appear to have stalled amid a subdued market.

For instance, CapitaLand said on Tuesday it is "waiting for the relevant regulatory approval for (its) Danga Bay project's masterplan". CapitaLand has yet to launch the first phase of its $3.2 billion development there, a high-rise 900-unit condominium being undertaken with joint venture partners.

In its annual report, it said the project would be "launch ready" this year. A spokesman said the developer has not sought an extension, contrary to a news report on Tuesday. The Straits Times understands CapitaLand's local partner, Iskandar Waterfront Holdings (IWH), on Tuesday called for a meeting with the Singapore firm to explore how best to expedite the approval. Temasek Holdings is a third partner in the joint venture.

Another Singapore developer to face delays is Rowsley, which is building the $2.2 billion Vantage Bay integrated project, including the 75-storey residential development Skies. Vantage Bay chief executive and Rowsley executive director Ho Kiam Kheong said in a report last year it would launch its residential units by this year's first quarter. But he said on Tuesday the firm is in the process of obtaining the advertising permit and developer's licence.

A third developer, Link (THM) Holdings, which is developing the $1 billion Media Village integrated project, seems to have held back as well.

Link founder and group chief executive Kenny Tan said in a report last year it expected to launch apartments and business suites for sale by the end of last year. Link had not responded by press time.

Sin-Hao Yuan Land, linked to Singapore developer Hao Yuan Investment, has also been fairly quiet since details of a $3 billion integrated development at Danga Bay with IWH were announced late last year. Its land is next to the CapitaLand site.

"The project is still in its planning stage (and) we do foresee some delay, not uncommon for a project of this nature and magnitude," a spokesman said.

What is going on? "Recent feedback on the ground is that the approval authorities are much slower in issuing the advertising permit and development licence," said Mr Johnny Chng, head of international projects at consultancy OrangeTee.

But he added it is possible developers are reviewing their launch strategy after the status of the first launch of Guangzhou R&F's Princess Cove, which has apparently suffered weak sales.

"The huge number of units launched would have significant impact on the investment environment in the vicinity. The growing presence of developers from China may have also raised concerns of a possible supply overhang in Iskandar," said Mr Chng.

Mr V. Sivadas of PA International Property Consultants said: "Nobody expected the large number of high-rise residences on the waterfront."

Other than Princess Cove, CapitaLand's project and Skies are also set to be on the waterfront.

"Waterfront units, which tend to be priced at a premium due to higher land costs, are having difficulty sustaining sales... Until developers of such properties have their target market right, it would make sense to hold back," said Mr Sivadas.

[email protected]

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar launches hit by delays

I am not surprised at all. The R&F properties got it all wrong. Why would Singaporeans want to live in Jb as if they are in Singapore? Small condo units in buildings that are so close to one another that you can literally stare into your neighbour's home.

They did not do their research. If they did, they know that many here are looking to live in bigger spaces.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not surprised at all. The R&F properties got it all wrong. Why would Singaporeans want to live in Jb as if they are in Singapore? Small condo units in buildings that are so close to one another that you can literally stare into your neighbour's home.

They did not do their research. If they did, they know that many here are looking to live in bigger spaces.

Actually I think there will be a handful of Singaporeans who are ok with buying a RM 800K 2 bedder (SGD S$313k) for self-stay, so that they can rent out their SG HDB for betw S$2k to S$3k.

Then, you also have the SG PR & Malaysians work permit holders from non-Johor States (eg Sabah, Sarawak, Ipoh), who are priced out of the SG mkt, and wont mind commuting from R&F to SG for work in future. The 5% & 10% ABSD is a huge turn-off for them.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
But then, if the shopping mall management is smart enough, they should however provide regular shuttle service, just like Changi Point and Great world city that shuttles between MRT stations and the mall.

3,000 units, 290 shops & 2 office/hotel towers in R&F Phase 1. I think it is fair to assume that regular shuttle services will certainly be provided. Even if a fee needs to be paid, it will surely be insignificant given the numbers above.

That said, I think the bigger problem is peak hour jam from R&F to Bukit Chagar. That is harder to resolve, unless the authorities make the area entirely for bus travel only.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...elays-20140925

LAUNCHES by Singapore property players in the Iskandar Malaysia development zone appear to have stalled amid a subdued market.

For instance, CapitaLand said on Tuesday it is "waiting for the relevant regulatory approval for (its) Danga Bay project's masterplan". CapitaLand has yet to launch the first phase of its $3.2 billion development there, a high-rise 900-unit condominium being undertaken with joint venture partners.

In its annual report, it said the project would be "launch ready" this year. A spokesman said the developer has not sought an extension, contrary to a news report on Tuesday. The Straits Times understands CapitaLand's local partner, Iskandar Waterfront Holdings (IWH), on Tuesday called for a meeting with the Singapore firm to explore how best to expedite the approval. Temasek Holdings is a third partner in the joint venture.

Another Singapore developer to face delays is Rowsley, which is building the $2.2 billion Vantage Bay integrated project, including the 75-storey residential development Skies. Vantage Bay chief executive and Rowsley executive director Ho Kiam Kheong said in a report last year it would launch its residential units by this year's first quarter. But he said on Tuesday the firm is in the process of obtaining the advertising permit and developer's licence.

A third developer, Link (THM) Holdings, which is developing the $1 billion Media Village integrated project, seems to have held back as well.

Link founder and group chief executive Kenny Tan said in a report last year it expected to launch apartments and business suites for sale by the end of last year. Link had not responded by press time.

Sin-Hao Yuan Land, linked to Singapore developer Hao Yuan Investment, has also been fairly quiet since details of a $3 billion integrated development at Danga Bay with IWH were announced late last year. Its land is next to the CapitaLand site.

"The project is still in its planning stage (and) we do foresee some delay, not uncommon for a project of this nature and magnitude," a spokesman said.

What is going on? "Recent feedback on the ground is that the approval authorities are much slower in issuing the advertising permit and development licence," said Mr Johnny Chng, head of international projects at consultancy OrangeTee.

But he added it is possible developers are reviewing their launch strategy after the status of the first launch of Guangzhou R&F's Princess Cove, which has apparently suffered weak sales.

"The huge number of units launched would have significant impact on the investment environment in the vicinity. The growing presence of developers from China may have also raised concerns of a possible supply overhang in Iskandar," said Mr Chng.

Mr V. Sivadas of PA International Property Consultants said: "Nobody expected the large number of high-rise residences on the waterfront."

Other than Princess Cove, CapitaLand's project and Skies are also set to be on the waterfront.

"Waterfront units, which tend to be priced at a premium due to higher land costs, are having difficulty sustaining sales... Until developers of such properties have their target market right, it would make sense to hold back," said Mr Sivadas.

Is the slowing down in the issuing of advertising permits and development licences a deliberate and calculated action?
Is it done to slow down a bit the pace of development?
or
Is it done to give the 2 massive Chinese project a headstart to protect certain people's interest?

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
As what our big time investor says, "I can say anything I like as this is a forum". understand stud? If you disagree the distance of 800m, than you can blame google map. I am just conveying information from google map. If you bo song google map, than is not my problem. how about you? base on what you say is 1.5km? show me your proof.

Proof is right here..

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net...=eb35ed329e9d74a08372bc56cf9ea115&oe=548AC3E4

U compare location shown in IRDA material of "Bukit Chagar" and the location of it in Google Map..

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salesman of PCove are offering big units at mammoth discount; encouraging me to sign on the dotted line to lock in the price. With the RTS further than anticipated, I don't see the rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.