• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor Sultan behind man-made island plan off 2nd link

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Johor Sultan behind man-made island plan off 2nd link[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
June 18th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Capture14-300x200.jpg
Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am a Singaporean doing businesses in Malaysia. I would like to bring to your attention in hope that with your assistance, all Singaporeans are made aware of the situation with Johor.
Malaysia’s publication, The Edge Review had wrote on their front cover as well as written an article about the matter. It is reported that our Singapore Government is aware of this, I hope the rest of Singaporeans will know about this so that we can all face this matter together.

Many Singaporeans who use the Tuas second link must have noticed why the Malaysia is reclaiming land nearer and nearer to us. I have included the article, on site pictures and some information given below to explain the situation that is so crucial and yet few knew.

Msia-theedgereview-Pg2.png

Msia-theedgereview-Pg3.png

causewayphoto1.jpg

causewayphoto2.jpg

causewayphoto3.jpg

THE TRUTH BEHIND THE REVIVAL OF PEDRA BRANCA DISPUTE
I
refer to Malaysia’s recent decision (or rather the Johor Sultan’s decision in 2014) to set up a special Johor team to appeal to the International Court of Justice on the Pedra Branca islands dispute (details available here: http://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/slw...-johor-seeks-to-reopen-pedra-branca-case.html).

When I first heard of the news, I was truly surprised as this was an order coming from the state Sultan, rather than from the Malaysian Government, who has indicated that they would not challenge the ICJ’s decision. On further investigations, I believe I have found the true reason behind the revival of this dispute, i.e. to deflect attention away from the Sultan’s personal quest for power and profit agenda against our beloved Singapore.
For those who travel to JB via the Woodlands and Tuas frequently, I am sure that you would have seen major development works along the Causeway on the JB side of the border. It is not difficult to notice, just look out for the huge pile of sand and mountain of soil and huge “COUNTRY GARDENS” signages along the roads.

As many of us know, Malaysia and Johor have been courting our countrymen and our hard-earned Singapore Dollars into buying properties in this Country Gardens development (which the Sultan has a huge share, by the way) of over 8,000 high-end housing units built on reclaimed land on the Causeway.

What many of us do not know is that the land reclamation works to build these houses is an illegal encroachment into the sovereign territory of our Singapore Republic! How else would they find enough land along the Causeway to build over 8,000 houses?

If you remember in the 1990’s, the border for JB town ended just after the Shell petrol station (where all of us would go to fill up our cars to the maximum before going back home). Then in the 2000’s, it expanded towards our Singapore with their Danga Bay and coastal road developments. And now, ever so subtly, JB is illegally extending its border again towards us with this Sultan-owned Country Gardens development.
I am sure this illegal border expansion is done without notification or consultation with the Singapore Government. This is because when they wanted to build their little replacement Causeway Bridge, they had to get our green light. When our Government did not agree to it, the Malaysians could not move.

Rumour has it that the Sultan is going to give approval for Country Garden to increase their development size from 8,000 to 10,000 units, which would involve more land reclamation towards our borders. So, in order to draw our attention away from this encroachment, he is bringing up this Pedra Branca issue again as a nuisance distraction while he encroaches further into our territory.
The sand for Johor’s reclamation project is sourced from the same source that Singapore is buying from. Johor and Singapore are buying sand from the same supplier. I strongly urge our Government to immediately take a principle stand and stop buying sand from this supplier who supports the intrusion, even though it would cost more to get sand from Indonesia or Vietnam. At least our money will be well spent and not be beholden to these people who show Singapore no respect whatsoever. We need to do something.

Can you imagine one day JB and Singapore will be so close to each other? If the terrorist Mas Selamat managed to escape by swimming across the border into JB, imagine how many more criminals will do the same once JB is so much nearer. Even worse, imagine any terrorists who get into Malaysia easily then leisurely swim or walk across from JB to terrorize our streets!

As the United Nations Convention on Maritime Borders states that the median line between two countries shall be accepted as the boundary, I am sure that when this Sultan becomes the King of Malaysia in 10 years’ time, he will order his Malaysia Government to approach the International Court of Justice to re-draw our boundaries, with us being on the losing end.

Mark my word, just as they tried all sorts of dirty tricks to claim our Pedra Branca as their own (including Photoshopping pictures of the island to make it look closer to Johor, can you believe that?), this so-called reclamation project is part of their repertoire of cheats to reduce our boundaries.

Concerned Singaporean
* Submitted by TRE reader
Related: PRC-M’sia developers plan man-made island off 2nd link

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<cite class="fn">BillyMa:</cite>

June
18, 2014 at 12:30 pm
BillyMa(Quote)

lhl is busy thinking how to ‘fix’ the oppositions & singaporeans who did
not voted for PAP to be concerned about this little matter.

And also the entire PAP & lhl’s total vision & focus is to fill the
island with 6.9m people. Any people, even if they’re here to sell tissue
papers.

SO don’t expect lhl to spend times on giving away a little piece of
territory.
ANyway, lhl had announced that singapore belonged to
everybody.

So no need to lose sleep or sweat over this little matter.

lhl is happy with everythinh he is doing, so don’t disturb him.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]

Rating:
+47 (from 47 votes)

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
after the project is completed, we shutdown Tuas Link........ sultan will have to eat shit trying to take advantage of us as their hinterland

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think we should just merge with malaysia,its inevitable,6.9m population,the peasant need a place to stay,and malaysia needs to build more prime real estate to leech off the singapore economy.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think we should just merge with malaysia,its inevitable,6.9m population,the peasant need a place to stay,and malaysia needs to build more prime real estate to leech off the singapore economy.

Better off merging with the Indons ...more potential for growth.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

merge with a shithole?
you got to be joking!
you might as well take the lead and move your entire family to jb and take up malaysian passport

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The impetus to invade johor has never been more timely. Our LTE armed forces will mend ties between LHL and her subjects witb successful takedown of johore state.

Sinkies promised never to KPKB on targeted 6.9million no more.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The impetus to invade johor has never been more timely. Our LTE armed forces will mend ties between LHL and her subjects witb successful takedown of johore state.

Sinkies promised never to KPKB on targeted 6.9million no more.

sinkies will have the privilege of doing all the invasion.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Internationally, there is nothing Sinkie Land can do as long as it doesn't encroach over the median line separating the 2 countries in the Straits of Johor. Despite their land reclamation, there will be no change to the median line as it had already been established before this anticipated land reclamation. Otherwise, we would have also been able to expand our maritime border towards Johor on the eastern side due to the land reclamation on Pulau Tekong.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since there is a causeway, there is no point in allowing vessels to go into the straits of johore. So may as well reclaim the whole straits.
In any case, sinkie also reclaimed the other side of johore straits around Pulau Tekong which the malaysian govenrment protested, plus at Tuas.
The sultan of johore is developing this 5000 acres with China developers Country garden or something. So Sinkies should be rejoicing there will be more ah tiongs coming in.

D

Deleted member 80916

when Singapore reclaims land from sea, op to the Border extremes,..no Freaking Singaporean complains,
Even when the South East Johoreans complain about the Tekong Reclamation silt,. ..chasing fishes away,..Nobody cares, really.
Now , Johor does similar (mirror effect)
..many wild animals go to Sg.Buloh for refuge
And Stupid Singapore Human Sheep comprain',......

If You visit Putri Harbour,..How would You feel when the opposite is fenced up, with warning signs,..and sounds of bombs, machine guns,...pollute the environment, often ?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

This reclamation project is certainly launched with tacit approval of pappies. Johore depends on foreigners and sinkies to sustain its economy. If pappies made it difficult for people to travel to Johore, that State would suffer economically. The Sultan can build millions of houses but who wants to buy when it is a big hassle to go in and out of SG?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This reclamation project is certainly launched with tacit approval of pappies. Johore depends on foreigners and sinkies to sustain its economy. If pappies made it difficult for people to travel to Johore, that State would suffer economically. The Sultan can build millions of houses but who wants to buy when it is a big hassle to go in and out of SG?

yes thats why i waiting for the mrt causeway link to be build before i apply for mudlaysia pr.