• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shall I go Hybrid or stick to the good old gas guzzler variety?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprisingly, Lexus used a proven toyota model and built upon it. The NX is actually based on the new Harrier, which in turn is a stretched version of the Rav4.

"Last week, Lexus provided us with a sneak peek at its all-new compact crossover NX, showing only its front rear quarter, a bit of the side and a lot of black areas. But as it normally happens in this domain, a leaked image found its way on the internet to reveal more.

Twitter user AutoFerriere found the pic in French L’automobile Magazine’s May issue, snapped a frame and published it on the Internet. Funny how people gain access to such kind of material, isn’t it? However we’d like to thank whoever is hiding behind that username for providing the leakage.

As you can imagine, the production version pretty much ditched all the cool stuff at the back we saw on the LF-NX concept. No more huge cutouts near the taillamps, much toned-down edges, a standard bumper with an air-diffuser-mimicking lower part and, of course, no big triangular exhaust tips (yeah, we know they were on the LF-NX Turbo concept, but still...). Boooo!

comparison

So, basically, what you’re left with is a more sloped RX rear with different stoplights (which are OK though) and a few more lines. In fact it resembles more with the rear of the RX’s Japanese version Toyota Harrier, which is even better than the Lexus equivalent regarding design.

production-lexus-nx-rear-leaked-we-compare-79833_2.jpg

Normally, Lexus vehicles based on Toyota models are the flamboyant ones, but funny enough, Toyota made one looking better than the old, boring looking RX."

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/production-lexus-nx-rear-leaked-we-compare-79833.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FiMjECWAumc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/w...-hybrid-is-a-disguised-lexus-video-77545.html

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not consider the GL-class? consistently in the top 3 SUVs of any ratings.. and Merks are way more reliable than bimmers..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why not consider the GL-class? consistently in the top 3 SUVs of any ratings.. and Merks are way more reliable than bimmers..

The historical data on Merc reliability is not good. If they are getting better, it has not shown up in the ratings yet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have to admit the current Harrier I see on Bangkok roads looks nicer than the current RX for a RX fan I hope the next RX will be nicer. Thanks Garlic.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The historical data on Merc reliability is not good. If they are getting better, it has not shown up in the ratings yet.

12c2f593e902b8db6cf63cb81ccf78b2x.jpg

They are only behind Lexus in problems per 100 vehicles...

Highest-Ranked Nameplates and Models
Lexus ranks highest in vehicle dependability among all nameplates for a third consecutive year. The gap between Lexus and all other brands is substantial, with Lexus averaging 68 PP100 compared with second-ranked Mercedes-Benz at 104 PP100. Following Mercedes-Benz in the rankings are Cadillac (107), Acura (109) and Buick (112), respectively.

General Motors Company receives eight segment awardsómore than any other automaker in 2014ófor the Buick Lucerne; Cadillac DTS (tie); Cadillac Escalade; Chevrolet Camaro; Chevrolet Volt; GMC Sierra HD; GMC Sierra LD; and GMC Yukon. Toyota Motor Corporation garners seven awards for the Lexus ES; Lexus GS; Lexus LS (tie); Lexus RX; Scion xB; Toyota Camry; and Toyota Sienna. Honda Motor Company receives six model-level awards for the Acura RDX; Honda CR-V; Honda Crosstour; Honda Element; Honda Fit; and Honda Ridgeline. MINI receives one model-level award for the MINI Cooper.

The Vehicle Dependability Study is used extensively by manufacturers and suppliers worldwide to help them design and build better vehicles, which typically translates into higher resale values and customer loyalty. It also helps consumers make more-informed choices for both new- and used-vehicle purchases.

The 2014 Vehicle Dependability Study is based on responses from more than 41,000 original owners of 2011 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership. The study was fielded between October and December 2013.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah lor, if i can afford it.. i also will change to the new Harrier... saw a few on the road.. Swee....

I have to admit the current Harrier I see on Bangkok roads looks nicer than the current RX for a RX fan I hope the next RX will be nicer. Thanks Garlic.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Merc reliability is miles ahead of german rivals BMW, VW, Audi and Porsche. Anytime better.

Tell that to an Audi aficionado and he'll go ballistic.

5 years ago, Merc was the most unreliable german make on planet earth. They have gained ground but I'm still not biting.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
CRAP GERMAN ENGINEERING!

printLogo.png

Car dealer told to pay up

By John Weekes
5:00 AM Sunday Jun 29, 2014
f0d5c57c73a66ecf6ba213c01b4d5e1cee287aae_220x147.jpg

Aucklander Andre Bodde received a refund for the faulty Audi S4 he purchased.

A prestige car dealer had to refund a top real estate agent $95,000 after a luxury car turned out to be a lemon.

Aucklander Andre Bodde won the payout after a five-month legal battle over his 2010 Audi S4, which he bought for $95,000 in May 2012 from Quattro, trading as Giltrap Autos.

It is the largest payment or refund ordered by the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal since 2012. Most recent decisions have gone against car buyers.

The tribunal heard Bodde's car troubles began in September 2012 and he made seven visits to Giltrap to get the oil topped up. However, the thermostat failed in January this year, and Bodde took the car back to Giltrap to be repaired. The next day, Bodde, who sold former All Black Ali Williams' Westmere house last year, said Giltrap told him Audi had authorised it to replace the vehicle's engine.

They offered Bodde a 2013 Audi S4 in exchange for his car - if he paid an additional $30,000 - but Bodde refused that offer.

The tribunal heard a subsequent meeting between Bodde and Giltrap degenerated into acrimony. In March, Giltrap told Bodde the car was fixed. It asked him to collect it and return his loan car. He did so on the basis that did not settle the matter.

Later that month, Giltrap's solicitors told Bodde the car dealer did not believe it had to refund the Audi's purchase price.

They said Giltrap already replaced the car's engine block but if Bodde was unhappy, Giltrap would buy the Audi for $70,000, which they said was its current value.

But that didn't wash with Bodde. He appealed to the tribunal, which last month found in his favour. It released its decision this month.

Bodde said he was grateful to friends, including car dealers, who advised him on mechanical issues and consumer rights. He said the decision to go to the tribunal was not taken lightly.

"The way I was treated was utterly unacceptable, which is why I took that stance," he told the Herald on Sunday.

A Giltrap general manger did not respond to interview requests.

Bodde said he had received his refund and returned the car.

By John Weekes
- Herald on Sunday

Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited