• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alright, who crashed the McLaren 650S Spider the other night?

Who was the idiot that crashed this super car?

• Some rich foreigner hiding money in Sinkieland

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Some rich local businessman

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Member of the Lee/Kwa family (LHY)comes to mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gay Loong, while going out for fried chicken wings

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Brand new McLaren 650S Spider crashed during test drive in Singapore

A 2014 McLaren 650S Spider crashed several days ago in Singapore during a customer test drive.

It was only March when McLaren introduced the 650S Spider at the Geneva Motor Show and already a crash has been registered with the 12C Spider replacement. It happened a few days ago in Singapore in the evening hours on a highway where the traffic wasn't that heavy at the moment of the incident according to local reports.

Details as to how this happened are not available at this point but the impact was quite intense as the 12C Spider suffered extensive damages and most likely it's beyond repair. The totaled vehicle belonged to a local McLaren dealer and behind the wheel was a potential customer taking the 650S Spider for a test drive which unfortunately ended with an impromptu crash test.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
397336658286636588.jpg

McLaren 650S Spider crash in Singapore

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Having the right amount of cash and brash is not enough, having the minimum level of skill is critical. That is another matter altogether. A crash is a crash, just glad no one got hurt or died. The person driving the fast car must upgrade himself/herself prior to driving it or they should provide a course in a safe zone to get him properly acquainted. Reminds me of the MX5 test drive crash, pity the young lass life which was taken.

Software upgrade must inevitably follow that of the hardware to keep up. You don't automatically become a race driver just by being inside a race car, that only happens in the movies. They forget that fast car drivers die in real life just as easily as normal drivers too, sometimes far easier with the speed that they are travelling.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
April 4, 2007
Driver crashes test car, sales exec dies

On the day of the accident, Mr Lee took a $110,000 Mazda MX-5 convertible for a test-drive.

Barely five minutes into the drive, while along Upper Paya Lebar Road, Mr Lee lost control of the MX-5, a car known for its above-par road-holding.

The car flew over the divider, smashed head-on into a black BMW, flipped over it and came crashing down onto a van on another lane.

He was unhurt, but Ms He died an hour later in hospital.

Mr Lee was arrested but was released on bail.

----------------------------------------------------
This is what happens when one is not ready for faster cars, MX5 is not yet a fast car IMHO yet some are not yet ready for it.

Courses are available so readily yet so many think they are "born" with it. Yes there are naturals but yet too many are gone "naturally" before they gained the relevant experience.

My own skin has been saved many times (caused by both the mistakes of myself and others) by the skills picked up.

Singapore (Non BMW drivers also can apply)
http://www.pml.com.sg/bmw/driving_training/adt_overview.html

Malaysia
http://www.aadasb.com/index.php/advanced-driving-course
http://www.aadasb.com/index.php/defensive-driving-course

If one just needs to be seen in a high end car, just take tours like this:
http://www.ultimatedrive.com/

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also am curious about the $$$? Whenever I am in BKK I like to visit Siam Paragon & visit the Rolls, Ferrari, & Maseratis showroom.

Unfortunately they don't display the prices.

it around GBP 220K, which around S$ 460K and add in the usual taxes and coe plus dealer mark up, wont surprise S$1.3-1.5m.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Having the right amount of cash and brash is not enough, having the minimum level of skill is critical. That is another matter altogether. A crash is a crash, just glad no one got hurt or died. The person driving the fast car must upgrade himself/herself prior to driving it or they should provide a course in a safe zone to get him properly acquainted. Reminds me of the MX5 test drive crash, pity the young lass life which was taken.

Software upgrade must inevitably follow that of the hardware to keep up. You don't automatically become a race driver just by being inside a race car, that only happens in the movies. They forget that fast car drivers die in real life just as easily as normal drivers too, sometimes far easier with the speed that they are travelling.

Good advice, i will go for a race course driving learning.

(for sinkies) This is what i called a real advice. There is no "should" here and there.