• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Difference between off-shoring jobs and replacing locals with FTs

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a chat with chap and he told me that about 15 years ago there was fear when off-shoring of jobs became such a trend. He told me that his colleagues as well as him were really worried. Then he noticed something quite different and he saw it in GLCs. They would sell part of the company to an associated entity who would go on to retrench the locals and then bring in FTs. He told me Singtel did that and brought in Pinoys to man their call centre.

He now wished that they off-shored the jobs to India, Philippines etc as the pain of seeing the job in your country taken over by a foreigners specially brought in to do that. He told me it was harder to bear and every time he went to the mall and saw these foreigners with their fellow countrymen and families, a sense of hopelessness would engulf him. He said that many people did not see it like that until they got affected.

He also said that had the jobs being off-shored, we won't be as crowded as we are now.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPzis prefer to bring in foreign workers who will bring in extra demand for both public and pricate housing. The PAPzis know nothing about creating value. They only know how to profit from monopolizing major sectors in Singapore and housing is the biggest profit center for them and this includes the HDB.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I cry for Australia too...seeing their beautiful country overruned by shitskin and Chao ni ma de bis.

Why god why????

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Then he noticed something quite different and he saw it in GLCs. They would sell part of the company to an associated entity who would go on to retrench the locals and then bring in FTs. He told me Singtel did that and brought in Pinoys to man their call centre....as the pain of seeing the job in your country taken over by a foreigners specially brought in to do that. He told me it was harder to bear and every time he went to the mall and saw these foreigners with their fellow countrymen and families, a sense of hopelessness would engulf him. He said that many people did not see it like that until they got affected....He also said that had the jobs being off-shored, we won't be as crowded as we are now.

Yeah, many sinkies have the same general unpleasant feeling of being overwhelmed by foreigners in SG. Go shopping anywhere and you can see all kinds of foreigners there, ang mohs, pinoys, ah nehs, tiongs, etc.

Singtel used to send local Malays and kelings to do wiring in your homes; now they send pinoys. If sinkies do not vote against pappies, the FTsh will one day take over SG.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I cry for Australia too...seeing their beautiful country overruned by shitskin and Chao ni ma de bis.

Why god why????

Australia got screw wholesale because they were nice to the boat people and refugees!!
The real people with money who wanted to migrate into Australia were stopped!! being
question left right and over!! They allow too much Musl... into their country creating more
problems, now their guests of the country want to have their own Laws "Shiariah Laws" wtf!!

Next time terrorists want to have their own laws in Ozzieland too!!
Humanitarian ground now got screwed !!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you believe in angmoh economy, and send your kids to angmoh uni Harvard, get screwed by angmoh and arse get the pain.

Angmoh are the best, include screw you till the end.

If anything else, blame the econmoists using property as investments opportunity which require tenants and who do you find enough tenants? Imports humans what else?

Had a chat with chap and he told me that about 15 years ago there was fear when off-shoring of jobs became such a trend. He told me that his colleagues as well as him were really worried. Then he noticed something quite different and he saw it in GLCs. They would sell part of the company to an associated entity who would go on to retrench the locals and then bring in FTs. He told me Singtel did that and brought in Pinoys to man their call centre.

He now wished that they off-shored the jobs to India, Philippines etc as the pain of seeing the job in your country taken over by a foreigners specially brought in to do that. He told me it was harder to bear and every time he went to the mall and saw these foreigners with their fellow countrymen and families, a sense of hopelessness would engulf him. He said that many people did not see it like that until they got affected.

He also said that had the jobs being off-shored, we won't be as crowded as we are now.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you believe in angmoh economy, and send your kids to angmoh uni Harvard, get screwed by angmoh and arse get the pain.

Angmoh are the best, include screw you till the end.

If anything else, blame the econmoists using property as investments opportunity which require tenants and who do you find enough tenants? Imports humans what else?

Pls don't blame the ang mohs.blame the sinkies for being daft and stupid and humji and balless.such a pathetic race deserve to die.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years ago when I told my friends and colleagues about the "serious impact" of out-sourcing and also bringing too much FTs into Sillypore, they all just laugh
it off and claimed that "They Don't Care" as they are still clinging on to their well paid job and comfortable working environment. They claimed that I worry too much and the Sillypore gahbrament will take good care of the economy to ensure their local peasants stay employed.

In reality most of the local Sillyporeans simply don't care what sort of environment they are living until the day came when they lost their jobs.
Only then they start to realized and wake up their idea.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Powerful lobbies in the US were able to force MNCs and companies which have off-shored to China etc to bring back some of the manufacturing home, and they called it in-shoring. I read that in recent years, it is becoming fashionable. Factors compelling this move are intellectual property rights issues, higher literacy, and skills. Also significant are the lower total costs of logistics involved in shipping parts to China, then shipping assembled products back to US for inspection and then shipping back to China for sales etc.

However, none of this is happening to Singapore. Is the EDB and MTI still asleep?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
He told me it was harder to bear and every time he went to the mall and saw these foreigners with their fellow countrymen and families, a sense of hopelessness would engulf him. He said that many people did not see it like that until they got affected.

There will be earthquakes next year, I can assure you.

Come 2015 Asean citizens will deluge Sinkapore looking for jobs and Sinkie employers can't wait to employ them: cheaperer, youngerer, hardworkingerer and best of all NO National Service obligations/reservists.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you imagine if Singapore can create jobs that command a high 5 fig. to 7 fig salary? Then it doesnt matter if they bring in foreigners, because then well-qualified Singaporeans can give them a good run for the money and we all wont be in a low wage trap?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To the pappies it is good as these FTs will created demand for food, rent etc,,and these companies being here will have to use pappie services like Real estate, power, water and other utilities, create demand for Changi Airport and these FT managers keep COE and real estate prices high,,if these job goes overseas,,than these demand will be lessen,,so no good mah

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPzis prefer to bring in foreign workers who will bring in extra demand for both public and pricate housing. The PAPzis know nothing about creating value. They only know how to profit from monopolizing major sectors in Singapore and housing is the biggest profit center for them and this includes the HDB.

Spot on........... this friggin gahmen only knows how to create wealth by taxing its citizens n enriching themselves
One glaring example is to use cheap CPF funds to generate profit which is not returned to fund owner. They got the gall to claim they dun have to borrow CPF money......... how about borrowing from bank at 5 % and try to money out of it?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you imagine if Singapore can create jobs that command a high 5 fig. to 7 fig salary? Then it doesnt matter if they bring in foreigners, because then well-qualified Singaporeans can give them a good run for the money and we all wont be in a low wage trap?

USA already create those jobs. and their 5-figure obs still get insourced by ah nehs from contractual companies who atcually pay their contracted ah neh less than 5-figures, while giving them fake paper qualifications and resumes. dun be stupid.