• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2014-2015

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...Pundits predicting draw or away Spurs win, based on lacklustre performances and also Spurs winning form lately :p
Predictions: Lawro v Dermot O'Leary
...worst case scenario might see David De Gea looking to leave, and maybe even Wayne Rooney might start wondering about his Old Trafford future again?
Glad the 2 bums got theirs wrong! As what the commentators said last night, been "eons" since red devils played that well (at least 1st half).

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peter Lim at OT for Mata moves? :p

Juan Mata lined up for £20million Valencia move after falling down Manchester United pecking order

The Spaniard was excellent against Tottenham on Sunday, on his first Premier League start for two months, and Valencia want to tempt him back to his homeland

Spanish giants Valencia are eyeing a £20m summer move for Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata.

Valencia owner Peter Lim and president Amadeo Salvo were on a trip to Manchester last weekend and have made it their mission to try and sign Mata.

Mata, 26, was outstanding for United in their win over Tottenham at Old Trafford but it was his first start in the Premier League for two months.

Spain international Mata has fallen down the pecking order under Louis van Gaal and Valencia, the club he starred for until a 2011 move to Chelsea, are determined to see whether they can tempt him back to La Liga.

United face a major dilemma over Mata - who they signed for £37m in January 2014 - as he has struggled to hold down a place since the arrival of Angel Di Maria.

There is interest from Paris Saint-Germain in Di Maria so it may leave United deciding to sell and cut their losses on one of the two this summer.

Mata, 26, has been left frustrated at a lack of opportunities under Van Gaal and would be offered a big money four-year deal by Valencia.

But the United fans still love him and gave Mata a fantastic reception on his return to the first team.

Valencia, however, see him as part of their ambitious plans with Lim ready to bankroll the club back to the big time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/juan-mata-lined-up-20million-5350848

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep Mata and rid the club of under performers like Evans, Jones and RVP. Mata is one of the few players that has performed reasonably well this season.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fixtures for next few weeks to 18/4. Some daunting games, upcoming at Anfield on sun night :biggrin:

UPCOMING FIXTURES

SUN 22 MAR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool v Man Utd
13:30

SAT 4 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Aston Villa
15:00

SUN 12 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Man City
16:00

SAT 18 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea v Man Utd
17:30

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fixtures for next few weeks to 18/4. Some daunting games, upcoming at Anfield on sun night :biggrin:

UPCOMING FIXTURES

SUN 22 MAR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool v Man Utd
13:30

SAT 4 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Aston Villa
15:00

SUN 12 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Man City
16:00

SAT 18 APR 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea v Man Utd
17:30

Man U to win this Sunday. They will surprise many. Pool will be favorites on form and lady luck is smiling. Oh well, just give her a tight slap this Sunday.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis van Gaal: Manchester United manager says this is his last job

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31976922

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he will retire from football when his spell with the club ends.
The 63-year-old, who is contracted to United until 2017 after joining the club last summer, wants to spend more time with his family.

Dutchman Van Gaal has coached some of Europe's biggest clubs, including Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax, in his career.
He told the Daily Telegraph: "I am old. This is my last job. For sure."

He added: "I have to pay attention to my kids, my grandchildren but also to my wife. They deserve it.
"Now I cannot pay that attention. I was not at the birthday of my grandson, for example. I don't like it."

Van Gaal said he planned to retire to Portugal with wife Truus and "play golf, eat fantastic food".

Van Gaal has faced criticism in his first season at Old Trafford for playing a perceived long-ball game, despite spending £150m on players in the summer, including a British record £59.7m to bring winger Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid.

However, Van Gaal believes the side is starting to perform better, following Sunday's impressive 3-0 Premier League win over Tottenham.

"When I drive my car for the first time in England, it is the same... I have to think about the left and the right," he said.
"That we have seen with United. Against Spurs you have seen that. That shows they can do things together as a team. That takes time."

United lie fourth in the Premier League and face fifth-placed Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday (kick-off 13:30 GMT).

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very tight game...usual 1-2 scoreline?
Hope to make make Mark Lawry (ex Pool) eat his words tonight:p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31893202

TEAM NEWS
Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva is back in training after five weeks out with a groin injury but may not be ready to feature against United.

Striker Mario Balotelli has recovered from the illness which saw him miss his side's win over Swansea on Monday.
Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria is available after a one-match ban but Jonny Evans is still suspended.
Defenders Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo could return after injury but neither will be fit enough to start.

MATCH PREVIEW
Leave aside the league positions and never mind the nearest neighbours - for so many fans of either club this is still the one to win above all others.

Robbie Savage column
"Forget him living up to his nickname of 'the Welsh Xavi' - the biggest compliment I can pay Joe Allen is that, if he maintains his current form, he could become Liverpool's answer to Michael Carrick. By that I mean Allen becoming more than just a quiet, effective midfielder who doesn't always get noticed but does a decent job sitting in front of his defence

Read more: 'The invisible men who make Liverpool and Man Utd tick'
It's an inter-city rivalry that sparked with the building of the Manchester Ship Canal taking trade away from Liverpool's port, and has grown in football as the clubs have gone on to be the two must successful in the English game.

We'll hear the history in Sunday's songs, with the Kop's proud boast of winning five European Cups being answered by the one about being champions "20 times" from the away end.

Those totals won't be added to this season, but second place is now certainly in the sights of both after losing just two league games between them since their December meeting in Manchester.

United won that game 3-0, and it was the first of 24 successive matches in which Brendan Rodgers has selected the 3-4-2-1 formation that's been key in turning Liverpool's season around.

Even in losing at Old Trafford, the Reds boss said that he'd seen enough "to show that we could get a result going forward". His instincts have been right to the tune of 13 results without a defeat in the Premier League since then, winning eight points more than Chelsea in the same period (although Chelsea have played one game fewer).
It's also eight more than Manchester United have gathered, although the fact that Louis van Gaal's team has won as many points as the champions-elect in that time frame is telling.

It's often said that winning games whilst not playing well is the sign of a good team, and United showed against Tottenham last weekend that they can be one, with their first win for a while that was more glorious than ground out.

Lawro's prediction
"Losing at Old Trafford in December was the turning point for Liverpool's season. That might sound strange because they were beaten 3-0 but it was the game where they found the formation, tempo and way of attacking that they have used to great effect since."

Predictions: Lawro v the Eggheads
We've got two in-form teams and a match that could play a big part in one or the other missing out on a Champions League place next season. It's the game of the weekend.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Liverpool have only lost one of their last seven meetings in all competitions with Manchester United at Anfield (W5, D1).
There has been just one draw in the last 18 league encounters.
Liverpool's 1-0 victory in this fixture last season was only the second time in eight league matches that Manchester United had failed to score at Anfield.

Liverpool
Liverpool are the only unbeaten team left in the Premier League in 2015. They have won 26 points from a possible 30 since 1 January.
They have gone 13 Premier League games without defeat; only Chelsea (14) have been on a longer run at some point this season.
Their only defeat in 17 league matches was 3-0 against Manchester United on 14 December.
Jordan Henderson has scored the opening goal in each of Liverpool's last three Premier League games.
Only Southampton's Fraser Forster (13) has kept more clean sheets than Liverpool's Simon Mignolet (12) this season.
Steven Gerrard has scored seven goals in his last 11 league games against Manchester United.

Manchester United
Manchester United have lost just two of their last 19 Premier League matches (W13, D4, L2).
However, they have only taken 10 points from a possible 21 in their last seven league away games (W2, D4, L1).
Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in his last six games in all competitions.
United have taken 2.2 points per game when Michael Carrick has featured this season (15 games) compared to 1.6 without him.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on last night's performance, LvG would be foolish to let Juan Mata go. His quality shone through with his second goal.

Moving to Valencia would be a big mistake.

Liverpool should cut their losses and sell Balotelli in the summer. He adds nothing to the team and only plays for himself.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on last night's performance, LvG would be foolish to let Juan Mata go. His quality shone through with his second goal.

Moving to Valencia would be a big mistake.

Liverpool should cut their losses and sell Balotelli in the summer. He adds nothing to the team and only plays for himself.

Yup. A breathtaking scissor kick for the second goal. He has shown precisely what attacking midfielders should do-find the pocket of space in the heart of your opponent's defence.

Anyone notice these players-Rooney, Falcao, Shaw and Rojo to some extent? They have layers of fat around the waist and way off the fitness scale. Just how these players are going to see through the remaining games is beyond me.

LVG should have a good talk with Di Maria. The player stayed offside for a period, held up the midfielders and attacking options. He makes the same mistake in just about every match by showing too much of the ball to the opponent and losing it. Sigh.....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..layers of fat around the waist and way off the fitness scale. Just how these players are going to see through the remaining games is beyond me.
Di Maria. The player stayed offside for a period, held up the midfielders and attacking options. ..same mistake in just about every match by showing too much of the ball to the opponent and losing it. Sigh.....
Shaw into pies? :p

Di Maria was too excited when coming in, caught the ball with hands when inside lines (ref even smiled at gaffe) :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought this was an interesting "risk assessment" for top league table standings over the rest matches :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31993167

Champions League: How race for top four will unfold... possibly

Chelsea strengthened their position in the Premier League title race with victory at Hull City on Sunday to stay six points clear of Manchester City with a game in hand - but the pursuit of the other places in the top four remains red hot.

Manchester United struck a telling blow with victory at Liverpool but Brendan Rodgers' side were the only ones in the top seven not to win as Arsenal, Southampton and Tottenham all picked up maximum points.

So what better time to indulge in an act of complete madness: trying to predict all the results for the top seven teams between now and the end of the season to see how it will shape up after the final day on 24 May?

My original pre-season prediction was for a Chelsea title win with Manchester City second, United third, Liverpool in fourth and Arsenal just missing out in fifth. So what, if anything has changed?

Bear in mind at all times this is just a light-hearted stab at sooth-saying from someone whose crystal ball invariably ends up covered in dust. So keep that blood pressure at normal levels. Give it a go - let us know how you get on and then join the debate below.

_81844679_timeline.png

See rest of permutations in link

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Falcao wants Manchester United exit - even if Van Gaal is keen to keep him
11:15, 24 March 2015 By James Robson http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/falcao-wants-manchester-united-exit-8907832

Striker has decided his future lies away from Old Trafford even if the Reds are keen on striking a permanent deal.

Radamel Falcao wants to end his Manchester United misery in the summer - even if Louis van Gaal offers him a permanent deal.

The Colombian striker in understood to have indicated his intention to leave Old Trafford - after being largely being frozen this season.

Notably he is said to have come to the decision before being asked to play for the under 21s earlier this month.

The 29-year-old has been frustrated by his lack of first team opportunities - and was particularly disappointed at being an unused substitute in the recent games against Newcastle and Arsenal.

United are yet to publicly declare their intentions for a man once considered one of the deadliest strikers in world football.

But Falcao appears to have taken the decision out of their hands and is due to return to Monaco ahead of a permanent move elsewhere.

Valencia and Juventus have both been linked with him, while his agent Jorge Mendes claims he will sign for one of the top clubs in Europe, despite his troubles this season.
He has scored just four goals in 22 appearances for United and has generally looked a shadow of himself as he attempts to rediscover his finest form following career-threatening knee ligament damage last year.

Falcao’s professionalism has been exemplary since his deadline day move at the start of the season. But his experience in English football has been a miserable.

Last week his former agent and mentor Silvano Espindola revealed his turmoil at United.

“I am not going to tell you that he feels happy because he isn’t,” he said.

“We speak many times and we cry together. It is not an easy situation because every player wants to play and every goalscorer wants to score goals.”

Van Gaal maintains that Falcao can return to his former powers, but has been non-commital over his intentions.

It was generally believed his future would be determined by United. But his frustrations have prompted him to make the decision to try to rebuild his career away from Old Trafford.

Colombia manager Jose Pekerman has revealed his own concerns over one of his star players.

Falcao has been included in the squad for his country’s games against Bahrain and Kuwait over the next week.

Pekerman said: “It’s a huge problem that we need to resolve. This problem is as large as the sadness that Falcao is going through right now.

“I feel I need to support him because I understand how hard it is for him and the difficult moment he is experiencing.

“I want to work with him again and help him restore his confidence.

“I know Falcao’s strengths, his mentality and his fighting spirit and I’ve never doubted that he’ll come out the other side.

“He’s in a bad moment, but he’s looking after himself and this week is going to be very important for him.”

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
REVEALED: DI MARIA SHOCKED AFTER FURIOUS BLAST FROM MAN UTD BOSS LVG

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal steamed into Angel di Maria after victory at Liverpool.

The Sun says Van Gaal gave Di Maria the hairdryer treatment after the game and made it clear he was not impressed.

That left the Argentine ace, 27, upset and it creates more doubt over whether he will stay at Old Trafford beyond this season.

Di Maria started his United career well but has been hit with a string of setbacks on and off the field.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/revealed-di-maria-shocked-after-furious-blast-man-utd-boss-lvg-4069484#.VRKqZ_nohjN

***************************************************************************************************************
LVG was right to blast this guy. I thot his attitude was deplorable. The midfielders kept possession as they waited for the bloke to stay on side. WTF is wrong with him. The team lost its balance when they introduced DM and everyone thot he left his galacticos tag in Madrid.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United transfer news: Van Gaal will reject Arsenal's bid for Smalling

If Arsene Wenger is to succeed in his pursuit of Chris Smalling, he will have to rely on a significant change of heart from Louis van Gaal.

The Manchester United manager rejected an approach from Arsenal for the England defender last summer. In doing so he had to kiss goodbye to any hopes of landing the centre back he wanted more than any other in Thomas Vermaelen.

Vermaelen was the left-sided defender Van Gaal believed could operate in a three-man rear-guard, as well as bring the authority and composure lost when Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand exited Old Trafford.

Yet, as keen as he was to sign the Belgian, he refused to consider any deal that involved Smalling heading in the opposite direction.

Vermaelen eventually made a £15m move to Barcelona, with United privately conceding that their failure to agree a part-exchange was the reason for Van Gaal missing out on his man. Given the thigh injury sustained by Vermaelen, which means he is still to play a game for his new club, and the resurgent form of Smalling, Van Gaal’s stance appears to have been sound.

Wenger is prepared, but it is highly unlikely Van Gaal will be willing to part with a 25-year-old now that he is finally beginning to show his potential. United are still determined to acquire a world class centre back at the end of the season, with Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels high on their list of targets.

Reports in Spain claim Valencia’s Nicolas Otamendi is on his way to Old Trafford. Marquinhos, from Paris St Germain, and Atletico Madrid’s Diego Godin have also been linked.

But Smalling’s form - particularly in the recent wins against Tottenham and Liverpool - suggests he is embracing Van Gaal’s approach after seeing his progress hampered by inconsistency since Sir Alex Ferguson beat Arsene Wenger to his signature with the £10m deal that took him from Fulham to United in 2010.

The improvement in United’s defence has been a particular source of satisfaction to Van Gaal, with Smalling and Phil Jones overcoming a difficult and injury disrupted start under the Dutchman.

Only Southampton and Chelsea have conceded fewer goals than United in the Premier League this season.
ng to tempt United with a fresh bid of £12m this summer.

Van Gaal said: “When you read the papers back from the beginning and you have seen the criticism on our defenders and now we are the third in the Premier League table in conceding goals and we never have had compliments because of that never.

“These are the same defenders I had at the beginning of the season. “You can turn it round and upside down, but it is the same defenders.”

The form of Smalling and Jones is also a boost to Roy Hodgson. The pair have long-been earmarked as the future central defensive partnership for England, but their failure to fully establish themselves at club level has impacted on their international ambitions.
They are now rivaling Gary Cahill and Phil Jagielka in Hodgson’s side ahead of Euro 2016. That has been acknowledged by Cahill.

“Of late, they are playing well,” said the Chelsea defender. “Of course, they are asked to play different positions sometimes. Sometimes they play right back, in a back three, sometimes a back five. So I’m sure it’s been different for them, that aspect of things this season.

“At my club, where I play, whoever comes in we have a solid four and we know our jobs, what that entails and what is expected of you. When you’re in a three or a five or a four, it’s obviously different job roles.

“They have been involved in that this season, but of late they’ve played together at centre back and have done well. They are in good form.”

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 swallows don't make the summer? :p

Manchester United turnaround secrets revealed by Louis van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has revealed the secret to Manchester United’s remarkable resurgence.

The Dutchman claims that ‘triangles’ have been behind an upturn in form that has put his side on course for a return to the Champions League.

Impressive victories against Tottenham and Liverpool have enabled United to open up a five-point gap in the race for the top four. They have also been the clearest indication yet that Van Gaal’s much-fabled philosophy is finally getting through to his players.

After experimenting with a three-man defence and a diamond in midfield since taking over at Old Trafford, the former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager has recently settled on his favoured system of 4-3-3.
Juan Mata has particularly impressed in what Van Gaal describes as a ‘false winger’ role - while Marouane Fellaini has had a impact playing further forward.

But Van Gaal says the creation of triangles over the pitch are key to his plans.

“It’s always dependent on the players involved, but everybody knows the system I prefer is 1-4-3-3 with a No.10 or No.6,” he said to Sky Sports. “A holding midfielder or a No.10player behind the strikers.
“It’s dependable of the quality of the players, but also of the opponent.
“But I prefer it because that’s the easiest system to dominate the game because it is over the whole pitch triangles and that gives the players always two options at least.
“But I have played with several other systems because of the quality of the players who were available in that moment.”

Van Gaal has come in for criticism over the performances of his side since being appointed David Moyes’ successor last summer.

FA Cup defeat to Arsenal earlier this month ended United’s most realist chance of a trophy this season - but their response has been emphatic with back-to-back wins against Champions League rivals Spurs and Liverpool.
While those games saw United produce their most complete performances under the Dutchman, Van Gaal has been satisfied with his side’s consistency throughout what has been a difficult debut campaign in English football.

“I think that in general we were the better team,” he said. “So when you analyse our teams I think only three or four times the opponents were better in dominating or playing the game, so that’s also important.
“In attractiveness I think we could have done better, but very important are also the results.”

Fellaini this week described Van Gaal as the strong manager United needed after their disastrous season under David Moyes. The Belgian said: “The coach is very strict, but that’s good. We needed such a coach. Last season we had a bad season. We even missed European qualification. We needed a coach who would put some players’ feet back on the ground.

“If he says something, you should do it. Otherwise you’ll fly out of it (the team).”

Van Gaal’s authoritarian style has seen him fall out with superstar names like Rivaldo and Luca Toni in the past - but he insists he is approachable.

“For a manager it is always better to give compliments than always corrections,” he said. “I think the players know me in another way than the media. “I asked the players what they find - but I have a lot of corrections. But they have to agree with me otherwise they cannot perform it the next time.”

Asked if players are happy to tell him if he is wrong, he said: “Most of the players doesn’t dare to do that, but they can when they have good arguments.

“I listen to their arguments. That’s the main thing. I listen to their arguments and when the argument is better than my argument then maybe I change my opinion.”