• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2014-2015

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Target for LVG to finish top 3? :cool:

Louis van Gaal has been told Manchester United must finish 'no lower than third' this season

Ed Woodward says there is unlikely to be substantial additions in January.

United have revealed how the club’s failure to qualify for European football will finally halt their commercial juggernaut, depriving the club of Champions League matchday income which now leads the club to predict that their revenue will drop £48m in the next financial year, from £433.2m to £385m.

Louis van Gaal must finish at least third after the club spent £153.1m on new players this summer - including a record fee on Angel Di Maria.

Even that £48m drop in revenue is based on United finishing third – the same Premier League target that last year’s budget was based on.
Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward told investment analysts in a conference call: “Our [forecast] budgets assume a third-placed finish, as is ordinarily the case,” he said.

United lie 14 after the first three games of the season, with two points, five fewer than the early third-placed side, Aston Villa, and seven off top-placed Chelsea.

United have indicated that they are willing to go back into the transfer market and take the calendar year spend on players towards £200m if Van Gaal still feels his squad is not strong enough. But the tone of Woodward’s discussion with investors suggested that there would not be big spending in January and that it would be opportunistic.

“We don’t intend to significantly increase cap-ex in January,” Woodward said. “We will continue to monitor in association with Louis his view of the squad and which areas we want to strength and which areas we want to sell. The usual three in, three out is par for the course in the numbers in and out each year, typically in the summer.

“I wouldn’t have expectations for January but if there is a willingness from the manager, we will engage with him and if there an opportunity, we will try and take that as we did last year with Juan Mata.”

The immediate cost of David Moyes’ failure was £5.2m - the figure that United have revealed in their financial results for the 2013/14 season they pay out to sack the Scotsman and his coaching staff.

The club’s income continued to grow to record levels in the last financial year, despite the dire on-field performance. Though the new £53m-a-year Chevrolet kit deal does not deliver revenues until this financial year, the club still managed to deliver a £23.9m profit on the back of the improved TV deal. A one-off tax credit included in last year’s accounts skewed the new profit figure. But when that is taken, the profit was shown to have grown by 20 per cent.

Woodward described United as a club on the threshold of “a new chapter in the club’s history,” after the summer spending.

”With Louis van Gaal at the helm as manager, and the recent signing of some of the world’s leading players to further strengthen our squad, we are very excited about the future,” he said. Ed Woodward said there will be no major spending in January

Some clubs would be concerned by the effects of an expected £48m drop in revenue on their ability to comply with Premier League Financial Fair rules. Those rules permit a club to increase wages by a mere £4m plus any additional non-TV income.

But after a 19% lift in wages in 2013/14, United said that they expected the salary figure to drop next year, with players entitled to fewer bonuses because of the lack of European football. “We expect total wages to be down, due to the sale, retirement of players and no uplifts due to not playing in the Champions League,” the club said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-no-lower-than-third-this-season-9724330.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Top 3 and top 4 will not happen unless more players are brought in during the January transfer window.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big bucks to lure peacock back.

Man Utd to offer Cristiano Ronaldo £300,000-per-week contract for Old Trafford return
MANCHESTER UNITED are willing to offer Cristiano Ronaldo a whopping £300,000 per-week contract to lure the Portuguese international back to Old
Trafford

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...000-per-week-contract-for-Old-Trafford-return

But spanner in the works

Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United or Chelsea: Real Madrid to issue hands off warning
Chelsea are also interested in the unsettled striker

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...adrid-to-issue-hands-off-warning-9723786.html

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you guys can get peacock back then for sure you will take the trophy.

Man Utd to offer Cristiano Ronaldo £300,000-per-week contract for Old Trafford return
MANCHESTER UNITED are willing to offer Cristiano Ronaldo a whopping £300,000 per-week contract to lure the Portuguese international back to Old
Trafford

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...000-per-week-contract-for-Old-Trafford-return

But spanner in the works

Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United or Chelsea: Real Madrid to issue hands off warning

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...adrid-to-issue-hands-off-warning-9723786.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Trafford

But spanner in the works

Highly unlikely in my view about Ronaldo's return next season. MU is still short on 2-3 players, most notably in midfield and the center of defence. It shouldn't be a surprise to fans that Jones is injured again and this is an area they need to beef up, the other being the midfield. I very much doubt Strootman can play immediately in the premier league. At best bit roles b4 another breakdown which could easily put him on the side line again for at least 3-6 months. Vidal's condition is still unknown.

I can see why he wants to return. He knows that the club will look after his career and his family needs. The young boy can enrol at the academy, play and get a good education at the same time.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup peacock can play anywhere in the opponents half- left, right and center. He can play the midfield role just behind the two strikers. That would be awesome!! The goals will come easily.

Unless Glazers can pay wages like the MLS, i don't see why a has been who has played and won every major trophies will give his all.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

soccer-england_pnn01.jpg

"Ladies & gentlemen, fans & supporters, allow me to introduce to u these two stars who can save my job. On my left is a Blind player........"

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Match preview tomorrow. One LVG cannot afford to koyak at OT, what with his new stars line up :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29098240

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Sunday, 14 August

Manchester United
TEAM NEWS
Manchester United's new signings Radamel Falcao, Marcus Rojo, Daley Blind and Luke Shaw could all make their debuts against QPR on Sunday.
However, defender Phil Jones is out for a month having suffered a hamstring injury while playing for England.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is likely to give debuts to midfielders Sandro and Niko Kranjcar, who joined just before the transfer deadline.
Joey Barton is nursing a hamstring strain and will be assessed.

MATCH PREVIEW
For the first time at this early stage of a season since 1962-63, Manchester United only have two trophies to play for. If they don't beat QPR it'll be the first time they've failed to win any of their opening four matches since 1986 - the campaign that led to the November appointment of Sir Alex Ferguson.
Louis van Gaal wants time to rebuild the whole side. He'll be judged on his signings and on whether he can get the team playing classic United attacking football.

Lawro's prediction
Mark Lawrenson
Football analyst
"With so many great attacking players at Manchester United, it looks like midfielder Juan Mata might miss out - I don't think he fits the bill for manager Louis van Gaal.

"The problem is at the other end for United. The side is like a house built on sinking sand at moment"

This game should be lift-off. Radamel Falcao, set for his United debut, has scored 104 goals in 139 European league games over the last five years. Daley Blind, Angel Di Maria and Marcus Rojo could all make their Old Trafford bow, while Luke Shaw is nearing full fitness.

Van Gaal's new £145m United are taking shape but now they need to start winning. QPR, so often the sacrificial lambs at the Theatre of Dreams, have lost on their last five league trips. They've never won a Premier League meeting, losing 10 of the previous 12, and they haven't kept a clean sheet against them since September 1992.
Their defence is hugely experienced compared to the hosts; Rio Ferdinand made 455 United appearances and won 10 trophies there, while Richard Dunne could be starting his 400th Premier League match. Yet, given the way Tottenham butchered them three weeks ago, it's almost impossible to see QPR holding out for even a point.
They're creating chances, but one goal from 33 efforts is simply not good enough. Their season won't depend on getting results from games like this, but they will need away points at some stage.

The R's only ever victory at United - a 4-1 on New Year's Day in 1992 - was a major shock. Dennis Bailey scoring a memorable hat-trick a day after Sir Alex Ferguson's 50th birthday.

QPR fans still celebrate that win. Yet, there'll be no parties for them this weekend with fears of a huge fine looming and another sanctions from the Football League if they're found guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules. The pressure on Harry Redknapp could therefore soon reach breaking point if they find themselves in a relegation dogfight.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 15 league and cup matches against QPR (W12, D3), including 12 Premier League games.

The West London club have not kept a clean sheet against United since September 1992, when they drew 0-0 at Old Trafford in the first ever Premier League meeting between the clubs.
QPR's only victory at United was their famous 4-1 win on New Year's Day in 1992. Dennis Bailey scored a hat-trick that day, with Andy Sinton also on target.

Manchester United
Manchester United have made their equal-worst start to a season since 2007-2008, taking two points from their opening three matches.

Louis van Gaal's start is the worst since Ron Atkinson managed just one point from his opening three games in 1981-82. United drew their fourth game.

United, who lost their opening home match, recorded their worst Premier League home record last season, accruing 30 points from a possible 57 (W9, D3, L7).

The Old Trafford club have won only nine of their 22 League games so far this calendar year (41%).
Radamel Falcao scored on his home league debut for Porto (one goal), Atletico Madrid (hat-trick) and Monaco (one goal).

QPR
Harry Redknapp's side have won only one of their last seven away games, at already-relegated Barnsley on the final day of last season's Championship.

QPR have scored just once this season, Charlie Austin's 45th-minute winner against Sunderland in their last game. They were the final Premier League team to find the net this campaign.

The R's have failed to score in their last four away Premier League matches.
Rio Ferdinand is winless in all of his 10 Premier League matches against his former side Manchester United (D5, L5). His last appearance at Old Trafford as a visiting player came in October 2001, a 1-1 draw while playing for Leeds.

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great. Now Man Yoo has 3 strikers in Falcao, RVP and Rooney but LVG can only field 2 in a game. Barring injuries, u can all speculate which 2 strikers LVG will field in every game or check line up 30 minutes before game starts.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LVG loves 3-5-2 so he definitely can play Rooney, RVP and Falcao together.

Too bad for Mata, think'll be sold as he is not a 'LVG type of player'. Should have stayed at Chelsea. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both Mata and Fellaini should be written off as expensive flops who will probably not feature in LvG's starting eleven.
As for Ronaldo, why would he sacrifice playing CL football this season? For him, it's all about $$$.

I am willing to bet LvG will be sacked before the end of the season. Still a bit puzzled by his 3-5-1-2 formation and not convinced.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should win it fairly comfortably......and I 'll try to put in a goal at least. I can beat Rio the old goat easily.
What a dig at Rio. Still needs to ply his trade mah. :p

You might get a AAsia freebie from Fernandez on next flight out to Holland, if you miss penalty :p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both Mata and Fellaini should be written off as expensive flops who will probably not feature in LvG's starting eleven.
As for Ronaldo, why would he sacrifice playing CL football this season? For him, it's all about $$$.

I am willing to bet LvG will be sacked before the end of the season. Still a bit puzzled by his 3-5-1-2 formation and not convinced.

Mata is not a flop, neither is Fellaini. Just because you don't know how to utilize a player properly doesn't mean they're flops. :wink:

3-5-1-2... so you can play 11 outfield players now? Who's the 11th guy? The referee? :rolleyes:

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old as he is he is still better than Anton but the MU attack is going to run rings round him.

What a dig at Rio. Still needs to ply his trade mah. :p

You might get a AAsia freebie from Fernandez on next flight out to Holland, if you miss penalty :p

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LVG loves 3-5-2 so he definitely can play Rooney, RVP and Falcao together.

Too bad for Mata, think'll be sold as he is not a 'LVG type of player'. Should have stayed at Chelsea. :biggrin:

That will be mayhem. To play 3 strikers means LVG will have to sacrifice a player from midfield since he likes putting 3 at the back. And none of his strikers possesses individual skills like Ronaldinho, Neymar or Messi who can dribble half the field without having to rely on passes. Conceding goals as they score? :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unleashing Gaal-acticos? :p

Integrating Manchester United's £150million new boys will be "easy" says Louis van Gaal
Sep 12, 2014 22:30 By David McDonnell

The Red Devils boss has £150million worth of talent to integrate into his side, but it's not a problem that's phasing him

Louis van Gaal says it will be "easy" for him to integrate his £150million summer signings in his new-look Manchester United side.

Van Gaal is ready to unleash his 'Gaal-acticos' against QPR tomorrow, led by £59.7million British record signing Angel Di Maria and stunning deadline day signing Radamel Falcao.

Old Trafford could witness five home debuts , with Di Maria, Falcao, Luke Shaw, Daley Blind and Marcos Rojo in line to make their first appearances there as United players.

Asked how he planned to accommodate the array of glittering talent now at his disposal, Van Gaal said: "For a coach it's always easy because he decides what he sees and has observed.

"I'm a coach who does that. I don't have any worries because I have done it for 25 years.

"You always want to buy the best players for the positions you need, and we have done very well in transfer market, in spite of not playing in Champions League.

"Players are coming to Manchester United and now we have to produce results and start our season.

"But there are two different questions - what the fans are expecting and I'm expecting. Fans, of course, will expect a new start and - with these kind of players - a victory.

"I know as a coach that when you let 14 players go and have six new players, you have 20 new relationships in the dressing room, the hierarchy has gone and a new hierarchy is here."

Van Gaal is confident he can fit Di Maria and Falcao in with Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie in what would amount to the most attack-minded side in the Premier League.

The biggest concern for Van Gaal, who introduced double training sessions when he arrived at United, is bringing an end to the club's crippling injury list, which currently stands at NINE players.

The Dutchman, 63, admitted he had been forced to re-assess his own methods in a bid to end the injury crisis that has blighted United's start to the season under him.

"I'm always for evaluation," said Van Gaal. "I'm not only evaluating the players but I'm evaluating myself and my staff.

"Now we have a lot of injuries, so I'm evaluating why, and I changed my preparation scheme because of that, for example.

"I have changed also what we have to do after the match, I have changed the schedule of times, but you never know [if that will work]. But I am always evaluating myself.

"This is a big concern [the injury list]. It's not nice that I can't compare the players, then of course we have to evaluate how we train.

"But for the level, what I demand as a coach, we need to train like that. But the players have to adapt to that level and that's the crucial thing.

"What can we do to adapt to a certain level that the players can fulfil and that ensures we can improve our level?

"Because it's top sport, we have to grow and develop ourselves to the top of his sport, the Premier League."

Van Gaal claimed he has the ability to change the system with the players he bought in the transfer window, and may abandon the back three tomorrow for a back four because of injuries to Phil Jones and Chris Smalling that limit his options.

"It's not difficult, I think, to change the formation, because when we buy a player we also see the positions he can play in other systems," said Van Gaal. "When you see what we have bought, you can see that."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/integrating-manchester-uniteds-150million-new-4210725

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
LVG is too arrogant to say that Welbeck is "not up to MU std".

I other words that means to say that MU is above the Eng squad; where Welbeck scored 2 goals.