• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2014-2015

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you start with a new system, it has to take off at all levels.With multitasking, it will keep the senior squad small and compact. No sense having one system at senior and another at youth as it can only make it extremely difficult for the young players to break through. By setting the bar, everyone knows what is expected of them. It also helps filter the ones who are not likely to make it to the senior squad early.
Agreed. When a youngster is good enough, he will make it regardless of system deployed but the problem with most is they only want to play in one and only position. Roon's attitude is symptomatic of the problem among the youth in Britain-no flexibility and its either I play or I dun.

Bro, you should ask if Moyes were still manager at Everton, would a youngster like Barkley made the first team. Nope, I dun think he could. Martinez has shown that he is flexible and a good man manager. Under Martinez, the lad thrived and the player said so himself not so long ago.

Adnan will improve playing with quality players. I'm sure he'll get his break as long as he's open to new ideas. He along with Wilson are the only bright spots that could make the first eleven in years to come. Let's not kid ourselves with these 'big' signings. They will come and go.

Certainly agree with you that the system must be consistent throughout to make it easier for young stars to breakthrough. If LvG is to insist on 3-5-2, the academy certainly will have to make changes as well as we never play in such a system before and hence I do not think that any of the youngsters are familiar with it.

Finding it harsh on Moyes. He didn't get the chance to work with Barkley for another season and we cannot be sure Barkley won't shine as well under him. Know under Martinez, of course Barkley will definitely say how good this manager it. Kind of expected right?

As for LvG, though he will have my support, I am not buying into his system until he shows me that the team can play well in it. Looking forward to the QPR game when he is going to have all his new players at his disposal. Will see how the team perform then.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly agree with you that the system must be consistent throughout to make it easier for young stars to breakthrough. If LvG is to insist on 3-5-2, the academy certainly will have to make changes as well as we never play in such a system before and hence I do not think that any of the youngsters are familiar with it.

Finding it harsh on Moyes. He didn't get the chance to work with Barkley for another season and we cannot be sure Barkley won't shine as well under him. Know under Martinez, of course Barkley will definitely say how good this manager it. Kind of expected right?

As for LvG, though he will have my support, I am not buying into his system until he shows me that the team can play well in it. Looking forward to the QPR game when he is going to have all his new players at his disposal. Will see how the team perform then.

I'm not saying his a bad manager. He's more suited for a smaller outfit than a big one. The step up to MU probably overwhelmed the bloke. I mentioned in the old forum that Moyes would probably be the manager to succeed should Ferguson choose to retire. While the other clubs chose the route taken by the other big clubs in Europe, United remained pro British. that has now changed. As far as Moyes credentials is concerned, he kept Everton at mid table or thereabouts consistently throughout his time with the club AND with the smallest budget. This suggest that the chosen one can do more with less.

They've been poor cousins to Pool for the longest time but has made good by infusing youth talent to their first eleven. Whether this was done out of necessity or choice is yours to make. Roon didn't get as much playing time as he would like to under Moyes. The lad was a bundle of latent energy just seeking for an outlet and one would have thought the playing field would be the best option. Fortunately there were no camels in that part of Merseyside, otherwise he would have humped them. His deadly sins are well documented but that changed when Ferguson brought him to OT.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be hilarious if Welbeck outscores Falcao this season. :biggrin:

Like Welbeck and Hernandez. The strikers should not be blamed for the poor service they got the midfield.

Falcao looks fresh and like Di Maria, he has a point to prove to Los Blancos for snubbing him in the summer.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
LVG is a very divisive person... it's him and his pet Dutch boys vs the rest.

Personally, I'd prefer a mix of internationals wearing the OT outfit. Cannot fault LVG for picking on his countrymen as he was the national team manager. He would have seen all the up and coming talents across the country.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sir Alex Ferguson will be 'surprised and disappointed' with David Moyes' time at Man Utd

FORMER Manchester United assistant Rene Meulensteen says Sir Alex Ferguson will be surprised and disappointed with David Moyes time at the club.

By: Ben Jefferson

Ferguson hand picked Moyes to be his successor after 27 years in charge at Old Trafford.

But the Scot didn't even make it until the end of his first season before being relieved of his duties.

Meulensteen told talkSPORT: "I’m 100 per cent sure he will be very disappointed. He will be surprised. He honestly though David Moyes was the right man to step into it.

The former Fulham man has no doubt that replacing Ferguson was a massive task and has questioned whether promoting from within may have bee a better approach.

He added: "There were only two ways about it – to bring in someone from outside, which they did with David Moyes, or to try and build it from within, which I personally thought would have been the better option.

"Manchester United is such a unique club and Sir Alex Ferguson has been so important in building that uniqueness. There’s been a lot of continuity and stability which are the two main parts for any club to be successful.

"That would have been the key to make sure you maintain that. You maintain that continuity, the stability and the philosophy that has run through the club for so many years."

"He had 27 years at the club and he made it the biggest club in the world, a unique club and unique brand.

"I don’t think he never ever anticipated that David Moyes would get rid of his backroom staff. I think that is where the core of the problems started."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/508305/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-will-be-surprised-and-disappointed-with-David-Moyes-time-at-Man-Utd

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis van Gaal holds CRUNCH talks with Adnan Januzaj over Man Utd future

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Louis van Gaal is set to hold crunch talks with Adnan Januzaj after the starlet became concerned over his future at Old Trafford.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...alks-with-Adnan-Januzaj-over-Man-Utd-futureBy Gary Jones
Published 8th September 2014

The 19-year-old is understood to be worried about his role in the squad under the Dutchman after he made major changes at the club.

One of the biggest shifts includes the changing playing style, with United now deploying in a 3-5-2 formation.

But it's understood Van Gaal is set to reassure the Belgium winger that he is part of his plans.

It follows a frantic summer for United, who brought in six new players and let a swathe of regulars leave.

Tom Cleverley joined Aston Villa on a season-long loan, Shinji Kagawa went back to Borussia Dortmund and Danny Welbeck made a £16m switch to Premier League rivals Arsenal.

Januzaj may also have been worried by the arrival of Angel di Maria, who joined from Real Madrid for a British record transfer fee of £59.7m.

But it's understood young winger, who signed a new deal with the fallen Premier League giants last season, is set to be told of his new role under Van Gaal in the near future.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man United in lucky escape as £40m transfer target Vidal breaks down with knee injury

MANCHESTER UNITED appear to have had a lucky escape as long-term transfer target Arturo Vidal has aggravated a previous knee injury.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...r-target-Vidal-breaks-down-with-knee-injuryBy Colin Harvey

NEAR MISS: Vidal has gone down with injury days after the transfer window closed

The Chilean was at the centre of intense transfer transfer speculation all summer and United lodged a £30m bid to sign the midfielder late on in the window.

Juventus knocked back their enquiries but Louis van Gaal and co may have had a lucky escape as Vidal is set to be sent home from Chile's international squad after aggravating his knee.

Vidal had surgery on his knee before the World Cup in Brazil and looked like he was feeling the side effects of that surgery a number of times throughout the tournament.

Manchester-United-transfer-target-Arturo-Vidal-has-gone-down-with-a-reoccurring-knee-injury-3982.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man United will finish 15th.

[video=youtube;itvXcAzKBCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvXcAzKBCU[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rear target? :p

Man Utd and Liverpool to offer Barcelona's Dani Alves shot at Premier League glory
BARCELONA'S Dani Alves has emerged as a shock transfer target for Manchester United and Liverpool.
Daily Express Anthony Chapman Published: Tue, September 9, 2014

Dani Alves is out of contract with Barcelona at the end of the season. The Brazil international is out of contract at the end of the season, and it seems that new boss Luis Enrique does not plan on extending his stay at the Nou Camp.

Alves' place in Barcelona's starting XI is under threat from Martin Montoya and new signing Douglas, who joined the La Liga outfit from Sao Paulo for around £4.5million.

The 31-year-old's future was cast into doubt during the summer transfer window, with Barca reportedly keen to take on United for the signature of Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado.

However, the failed move resulted in Alves staying with Blaugrana, but unless an extension is agreed with the club's hierarchy soon, the former Sevilla star will be free to talk with new teams from January.

And according to reports, both Louis Van Gaal and Brendan Rodgers are ready to lure the wing-back to the Premier League on a short-term deal for the 2015/2016 season.

Paris St-Germain and Inter Milan are also planning on making moves for Alves, and the star is set to be inundated with offers unless Enrique changes his mind quickly.

dani-alves-508934.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun think its a wise move. He's best years are behind him. Besides he's not popular with the Brazilian fans and its a no-go where marketing efforts is concerned.

Create a full time technical director position to relook at the scouting setup in Europe and more importantly in South America. Identify the talents early b4 everyone else. That way you'll keep your talent acquisition cost down. It will also address the player 'loyalty' issue and iron out the kinks during transition between managers. We must come to terms with the fact that managers like players will leave when a new opportunity comes along.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man United in lucky escape as £40m transfer target Vidal breaks down with knee injury

MANCHESTER UNITED appear to have had a lucky escape as long-term transfer target Arturo Vidal has aggravated a previous knee injury.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...r-target-Vidal-breaks-down-with-knee-injuryBy Colin Harvey

NEAR MISS: Vidal has gone down with injury days after the transfer window closed

The Chilean was at the centre of intense transfer transfer speculation all summer and United lodged a £30m bid to sign the midfielder late on in the window.

Juventus knocked back their enquiries but Louis van Gaal and co may have had a lucky escape as Vidal is set to be sent home from Chile's international squad after aggravating his knee.

Vidal had surgery on his knee before the World Cup in Brazil and looked like he was feeling the side effects of that surgery a number of times throughout the tournament.

View attachment 16970
They should watch and start counting the number of games he starts and minutes played b4 the transfer window reopens. Did MU just dodge a bullet? Maybe his knees are in a far worse condition than initially thot.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jones out again with an injury? Is this guy for real?

*************************************************************************************************************************

Jones injury to be assessed
Manchester United medical staff are expected to assess Phil Jones on Tuesday in order to discover the extent of the injury he suffered while on England duty.

http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/9462101/United-To-Assess-Jones-Hamstring-Injury

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not quite convinced with latest media speculation on peacock's return to OT or chelskis. By next spring, scenarios may well be diff :cool:

But stranger things have happened in footy :p

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/509202/Chelsea-to-battle-Man-Utd-for-60m-Cristiano-Ronaldo

Chelsea to battle Man Utd for £60m Cristiano Ronaldo
CHELSEA have emerged as shock contenders to sign Real Madrid star and ex-Manchester United hero Cristiano Ronaldo.
Wed, September 10, 2014

The Ballon d'Or holder has been tipped to leave Carlo Ancelotti's side next summer, with a return to Old Trafford on the cards.

It is believed that United have set aside as much as £60million in a bid to bring Ronaldo back to England, and Louis Van Gaal is ready to offer him a lucrative deal exceeding his current £290,000 weekly wage.

However, reports now claim that Jose Mourinho has thrown his hat into the ring after forming a close-bond with the 29-year-old during their time together in the Spanish capital.

"Manchester is in my heart. I wish I can come back one day" Cristiano Ronaldo

Madrid have moved on a number of stars including Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria this summer, and could reluctantly part ways with Ronaldo if the player pushes for a move, with some outlets naming Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus and Blues winger Eden Hazard as potential replacements.

Despite the interest from the Stamford Bridge club, a reunion with the Red Devils seems more likely after Ronaldo sensationally exclaimed: "I love Manchester.

"Everyone knows that - I have said it many times. Manchester is in my heart. I left many good friends there, the supporters are amazing and I wish I can come back one day."

[video]http://bcove.me/fzxe6k3q[/video]

[video]http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2762778366001?bckey=AQ~~,AAACT2hWexE~,QV-ElXQT89VmrNGzPL9bEAdqXZ8HEq2A&bctid=3755287743001[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money no enough. Paying for last season's woes including CL exit

Man United predicts fall in profit after pitch woes

Manchester United is set to suffer financially as a result of a poor performance on the pitch.

The football club predicts that profits and revenues will fall in 2015 after failing to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in 20 years.

The prediction comes as it reports a plunge in profits, despite record revenues for 2014.

Net income fell 84% for the year to 30 June to £23.8m, down from £146m a year ago.

Manchester United said that was due in part to last year's profit being boosted by a one-off tax credit, without which it would have made a loss.

The club, majority-owned by the American Glazer family, said revenue increased 19% to £433.2m in the 2013-14 financial year, thanks to improved TV and sponsorship deals.

However, that is now predicted to fall to between £385m and £395m.

Similarly, underlying profits were £130.1m for the year to 30 June and that is now forecast to fall to between £90m and £95m.

The results also showed that David Moyes and his backroom staff received a total of £5.2m in compensation following the former Manchester United manager's sacking in April after less than a year in the job.

Former manager David Moyes was sacked after less than a year in the job

'Track record'
Ed Woodward, executive vice chairman of Manchester United, said: "With Louis van Gaal at the helm as manager, and the recent signing of some of the world's leading players to further strengthen our squad, we are very excited about the future and believe it's the start of a new chapter in the club's history.

"Louis' footballing philosophy fits very well with Manchester United and he has an impressive track record of success throughout his career, winning league titles with every club he has managed."

However, with only two points from their opening three Premier League games, in addition to a shock Capital One Cup defeat by MK Dons , Van Gaal's reign has not started well.

In July, Manchester United announced a record breaking £750m 10-year shirt manufacturer sponsorship deal with Adidas, after Nike decided to end its association with the club at the end of the 2014-15 season.

Manager Louis van Gaal has "an impressive track record", the club said
Nike had been given a period of exclusivity to negotiate an extension with United and also retained the right to match any other offer.

But the company decided against exercising either option, claiming the terms "did not represent good value for Nike's shareholders".

Champions League winner Real Madrid's £31m-a-year deal with Adidas was previously the biggest club deal.

Adidas will provide training and playing kit to all the club's teams and will have the exclusive right to distribute dual-branded merchandising products worldwide.

Manchester United in numbers
MU.png

The Glazer family bought the club for £790m in 2005
Club's commercial operations grew by 30% to £34.9m in 2012-13 - Deloitte

The club still owes about £400m in loans used to finance the takeover
£10m-a-year interest payments due on the club's debt

Revenue for the 2013-14 financial year £433.2m
Angel Di Maria is the club record signing - bought for £59.7m

Net profit of £23.8m for 2013-14
Wayne Rooney's new four-year deal worth a reported £300,000 a week

Chevrolet will pay £53m a year to have its name on United's shirts
Staff costs £214.8m in 2013-14 financial year

Aon paid £120m to sponsor the club's training ground and kit
No Champions League football will cost £50m - 10% of annual revenue - Deloitte

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fixtures in coming few weeks. Will be interesting to see how "new" team add-ons fare this sun against likes of QPR :p

Sun 14 Sep 2014 - Premier League
Man Utd v QPR 16:00 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - Premier League

Leicester v Man Utd 13:30 Sat 27 Sep 2014 - Premier League

Man Utd v West Ham 15:00 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - Premier League

Man Utd v Everton 12:00 All times UK

Attachments

• MU.png
    MU.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited: