• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2014-2015

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be bold, get both - otamendi n Ramos (although I think Ramos is just using Man U for bargaining chip). Smelling n jones can go suck thumbs next season. Mcnair n tylett be understudy.

Go for swine I say, schneidelin looks underwhelming n not the tough guy we expect.

Say we nid one more winger, Ashley young din convince me enuff.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be bold, get both - otamendi n Ramos (although I think Ramos is just using Man U for bargaining chip). Smelling n jones can go suck thumbs next season. Mcnair n tylett be understudy.

Go for swine I say, schneidelin looks underwhelming n not the tough guy we expect.

Say we nid one more winger, Ashley young din convince me enuff.

Doubt if they could get both but it would be nice though. You could be right about the leverage game Ramos is playing. The problems at REAL has been simmering for a while over wages, manager and the fact that some players are more important than others. It is worth noting that REAL lost valuable points when Ramos was injured. If not him, let's hope we get Otamendi.

Schneiderlin has a verbal agreement to join the Gunners in January and the player himself expressed the desire to join the Gunners. I'm not sure why Wenger is holding back. I reckon it's because of Coquelin. He has improved with each game last season. If Swine comes over, that would complete the midfield lineup with room for youth development. Carrick will not last a full season.

It's the center of defence that is troubling. Until they resolve that, it will be pretty much the same as last season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pool is on a buying spree. They bought 9 players last season and they've already got 5 or 6 so far. Well done Pool! You have 3-4 players to go. I'm not sure what is going on in the minds of Rogers and the owners. It's like a lottery the way they're going about it.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1574383.ece

Schweinsteiger tempted by Old Trafford starting place

MANCHESTER UNITED’S promise of guaranteed football could tip Bastian Schweinsteiger towards a move to Old Trafford. The Germany captain, inset, is torn about leaving Bayern Munich but his desire for a regular starting place – and the confidence he would be given one by Louis van Gaal – is leading him to consider making the break.

The player’s great ambition is to lead his country to victory at a major tournament and, having taken over as skipper from Philipp Lahm following last summer’s World Cup, he is targeting glory at Euro 2016. He sees being first-choice at club level as essential to his Germany place and has doubts about his status at Bayern, after slipping in the pecking order under Pep Guardiola. Despite being revered by Bayern fans as ‘Football God’, 30-year-old Schweinsteiger found it hard to win Guardiola’s affections last season. He started just 15 Bundesliga games.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United transfer news: Reds ponder second offer to Real Madrid for Sergio Ramos
22:30, 28 JUNE 2015
BY STUART MATHIESON

Man Utd have had one £28.37m bid rejected for Spanish World Cup winner but Sergio Ramos remains a Louis van Gaal target.

Manchester United are weighing up whether to lodge a second bid for Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos.

The Reds have been reported as already making a second attempt to prise the Spanish World Cup winning defender away from the Bernabeu with an offer said to be £35.5m.

But MEN Sport understands that only one bid of £28.37m (40m euros) has been made for the 29-year-old.

United believed that to be a fair price for Ramos, but it has been rejected by Real.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../manchester-united-transfer-news-reds-9542427

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United transfer news: Van Gaal wants Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger
16:58, 27 JUNE 2015
BY SAMUEL LUCKHURST

Man Utd could complete the signing of Morgan Schneiderlin next week but Louis van Gaal wants to bring Bastian Schweinsteiger in as well.

Manchester United are expected to press ahead with their efforts to sign Bastian Schweinsteiger even if Morgan Schneiderlin joins the club.

Schneiderlin, 25, could complete his transfer to United early next week, although The Reds are yet to agree a fee with Southampton.

France international Schneiderlin would fill the 'right-sided' midfield void for Louis van Gaal but the United manager is understood to want Bayern Munich warhorse Schweinsteiger as well.

Michael Carrick excelled in midfield under Van Gaal but missed chunks of last season through injury and will turn 34 next month.

Van Gaal signed Daley Blind as a defensive midfielder, however the Dutchman has prospered at left-back, while Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera excelled in attacking midfield roles.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/manchester-united-transfer-news-van-9539229

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be a major coup if we land Schweinsteiger. He's such an important player to Bayern that Beckenbauer had to intervene to coax the player to stay in Munich. Versatile and a natural leader. Can play DM,AM, left and right. Both Schneiderlin and Schwein are perfect cover for Carrick and they can certainly play together.

We'd be lucky if Carrick completes 30 games. The end is near for Carrick and I expect the player to take up management in the not too distant future. Well, we'll need to address the fullback and keeper issue next. My guess is if we miss out on Ramos and Otamendi, LVG would bring Vlaar into the fold.

Run down DG's contract if REAL refuses to cough up the money. I'd let him rot on the bench. Let's hope good sense prevail for all parties.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I..major coup if we land Schweinsteiger. He's such an important player to Bayern that Beckenbauer had to intervene to coax the player to stay in Munich. Versatile and a natural leader. Can play DM,AM, left and right. Both Schneiderlin and Schwein are perfect cover for Carrick
...lucky if Carrick completes 30 games. The end is near for Carrick ..need to address the fullback and keeper issue next. My guess is if we miss out on Ramos and Otamendi, LVG would bring Vlaar into the fold..
Don't disagree Carrick's shelf life is close to end, what with demands on his endurance in physical EPL.

2 krauts seem impressive, didn't realise until now (ignoramus me :o).

Not too sure of standoff for DG. His digs alreday on market in Manchester. Just driving a hard bargain:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't disagree Carrick's shelf life is close to end, what with demands on his endurance in physical EPL.

2 krauts seem impressive, didn't realise until now (ignoramus me :o).

Not too sure of standoff for DG. His digs alreday on market in Manchester. Just driving a hard bargain:biggrin:

I can understand the lad's desire to return to his hometown. United has put b4 him a remuneration package of almost 200K pounds per week inclusive of performance bonus. I dun think the top keepers like Courtois and Neuer are even close to that figure. Cech settled for 100K with Arse.
DG may potentially become the best keeper but I seriously can't see how he is better than the other 3. The sooner REAL comes in with a bid the better. I'd luv to see United show REAL their middle finger if it falls short of the valuation we have of the player.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United bid £28.6m for Sergio Ramos, according to Sky sources

Manchester United have made a bid of £28.6m for Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources also understand that Ramos has told Madrid he wants to leave the club and join Louis van Gaal's side.

Widespread reports in the British and Spanish media have linked the defender, who has two years left on his contract at the Bernabeu, with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks................................................

"Ramos has told Madrid directly that he is absolutely and completely committed to leaving the club this summer, that he specifically wants them to begin negotiations with Manchester United and that he doesn't want them to negotiate with anybody except Manchester United," Hunter told Sky Sports News HQ.......................................

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9898495/manchester-united-bid-163286m-for-sergio-ramos-according-to-sky-sources

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Beginning to like this chap.....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United close in on £25m Schneiderlin after Schweinsteiger rejection

MANCHESTER UNITED will this week tie up a £25million deal for Morgan Schneiderlin following Bastian Schweinsteiger’s decision to stay with Bayern Munich.

Schweinsteiger has made it clear he is still hungry to win more trophies at Bayern where he wants to become a history-maker.

“We [Bayern] are three-times German champions. And I think no team has managed it four times,” he said. “That’s a motivation.”

Meanwhile, United are ready to get tough with David De Gea and hold him to the last year of his contract - unless Real Madrid match their £30m-plus valuation.

Real are unwilling to double their initial £15m offer for Spain’s No1 goalkeeper - who is out of contract next summer - and United’s stance has hardened since the Spanish giants rejected their £30m bid for Sergio Ramos.

Now they are prepared to keep De Gea even thought they will get nothing for him when his current contract expires in 12 months time.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...r-United-Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger-transfer

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United close in on £25m Schneiderlin after Schweinsteiger rejection

MANCHESTER UNITED will this week tie up a £25million deal for Morgan Schneiderlin following Bastian Schweinsteiger’s decision to stay with Bayern Munich.

Schweinsteiger has made it clear he is still hungry to win more trophies at Bayern where he wants to become a history-maker.

“We [Bayern] are three-times German champions. And I think no team has managed it four times,” he said. “That’s a motivation.”

Meanwhile, United are ready to get tough with David De Gea and hold him to the last year of his contract - unless Real Madrid match their £30m-plus valuation.

Real are unwilling to double their initial £15m offer for Spain’s No1 goalkeeper - who is out of contract next summer - and United’s stance has hardened since the Spanish giants rejected their £30m bid for Sergio Ramos.

Now they are prepared to keep De Gea even thought they will get nothing for him when his current contract expires in 12 months time.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...r-United-Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger-transfer

They've already made a bid, no?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They've already made a bid, no?
If you meant DG, hardening stance on exchange for Ramos after original bid off table :biggrin:

Man United transfers: Sergio Ramos bid will only improve if Real Madrid up David De Gea offer
22:30, 30 JUNE 2015
BY DAVID MCDONNELL

Reds have made a £30m approach for the defender and won't send their keeper the other way for the £20m now on the table PLUS: Seamus Coleman latest

Manchester United will only increase their bid for Sergio Ramos if Real Madrid agree to do the same for David De Gea.

United have submitted an offer of £30million for Real and Spain defender Ramos, believing it to be a fair valuation for a player already in his 30th year.

Real rejected United’s offer as too little, but the Reds are unwilling to table an improved offer for Ramos unless the La Liga club are ready to follow suit with De Gea.

United dismissed Real’s opening gambit for De Gea, believed to be just shy of £20m, valuing the 24-year-old at £35m, despite him having just one year left on his contract.

Although United made their offer for Ramos independently of De Gea’s situation, there is an acceptance at Old Trafford that the two deals are likely to have to be merged at some stage and a compromise reached between the clubs.

Rmos has told Real he wants to join United.

The Red Devils believe that gives them a significant edge in what could prove to be a protracted summer transfer saga involving the defender and De Gea.

United will use Real’s determination to sign De Gea as leverage to get Ramos, whom Louis van Gaal sees as the man around whom to build his new-look defence, to move the other way.

As well as Ramos, United are also exploring the prospect of a £25m move for Everton right-back Seamus Coleman, with senior Old Trafford sources acknowledging their interest in the Irishman.

Former United boss David Moyes tried to bring Coleman with him from Goodison Park two summers ago, but the Republic of Ireland international eventually penned a contract extension instead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfers-sergio-ramos-5976051

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No surprise, as past his shelf life :p

Manchester United transfers: Robin van Persie being sold in SECRET claims Pierre van Hooijdonk
22:30, 1 JULY 2015
BY DAVID MCDONNELL

The former Netherlands striker believes his compatriot was being touted without his knowledge to Turkish side Fenerbahce as early as January

Robin van Persie is being driven out of Manchester United and sold behind his back.

That is the astonishing claim of Pierre van Hooijdonk, a former Feyenoord and Holland team-mate of the United striker.

United are willing to listen to offers for Van Persie this summer, with the 31-year-old forward out of contract next summer - when he can leave for nothing.

Turkish side Fenerbahce are keen to sign Van Persie, and Van Hooijdonk claimed United have been working to offload his fellow Dutchman since the turn of the year.

“As early as January of this year, I received information from Turkey about Robin and Fenerbahce,” said Van Hooijdonk. “The minute this information came, you knew that United had sent people to test the water for a move.

Action ImagesRobin Van Persie looks dejectedRed alert: Van Hooijdonk says he's been hearing Van Persie whispers for months
Robin van Persie is being driven out of Manchester United and sold behind his back.

That is the astonishing claim of Pierre van Hooijdonk, a former Feyenoord and Holland team-mate of the United striker.

United are willing to listen to offers for Van Persie this summer, with the 31-year-old forward out of contract next summer - when he can leave for nothing.

Turkish side Fenerbahce are keen to sign Van Persie, and Van Hooijdonk claimed United have been working to offload his fellow Dutchman since the turn of the year.

“As early as January of this year, I received information from Turkey about Robin and Fenerbahce,” said Van Hooijdonk. “The minute this information came, you knew that United had sent people to test the water for a move.

“Agents and others were searching for big clubs who are prepared to pay the high fee involved for van Persie. Robin’s contract expires next year, so this is the moment when United can still get money for him.”

Van Hooijdonk added: “Van Persie is in a difficult situation. To the outside world he says he is happy to stay and I can understand this. But Robin has the feeling that United want to get rid of him.

“A big club in England, Spain or Germany is a more attractive option. Until the player realises that behind his back the two clubs have done a big deal.

“That is the moment the pressure is put on. You are almost forced to go to the club where your employer has struck a deal. This is what I mean with games being played right now.”

Van Hooijdonk knows that one of his old clubs, Fenerbahce, are keen to land van Persie.

“Of course the money is good, life is good in Istanbul, but it is not a big football league in Europe we are talking about,” said Van Hooijdonk.

“There is a lot at stake right now for Robin. He could be heading for his last Euro tournament in France next summer. So he needs to play a lot in the 10 months before the Euros.”

Van Hooijdonk, writing in his first-person column in Voetbal International, added: “I have a feeling that his relationship with Louis van Gaal is not as good as it was when they were both having cosy chats looking at players in the stands in Holland.

“I would advise Robin to leave United this summer. All the signals are there that the club wants to sell him. So he has to get out on time.”

Meanwhile, United are hopeful of reaching agreement with Southampton over a fee for Morgan Schneiderlin in the coming days.

The France World Cup midfielder is being offered a four-year deal to end his seven-year spell at St Mary’s.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-robin-van-5984974

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think United would do things behind the player's back. The donkey should know that the affected player has a say in transfer matters. It is by design. Hmm.... what has he been smoking...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spring cleaning at OT :biggrin:

Man United look to swap Jonny Evans for Everton star Seamus Coleman
MANCHESTER UNITED will use Jonny Evans as bait in a bid to lure Everton star Seamus Coleman to Old Trafford.

United boss Louis van Gaal wants Coleman to solve his right-back problem after missing out on Dani Alves and Nathaniel Clyne.

The Toffees insist Coleman is not for sale and that United are wasting their time making a bid for the Republic of Ireland international.

But United bosses remain hopeful of landing Coleman and are set to tempt the Toffees with a cash offer plus Evans in a bid to secure a deal.

Northern Ireland defender Evans is feeling the squeeze at United.

He is about to enter the final 12 months of his current deal and has not been offered a new one

To make matters worse he has seen fellow defenders Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett all pen new deals in recent months.

Van Gaal is also desperate to strengthen his defence with a top class centre-back this summer and has targeted Sergio Ramos.

The Dutchman remains confident of landing Ramos from Real Madrid despite having a £30m bid turned down.

Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola has urged United target Bastian Schweinsteiger to make a decision on his future.

United have held talks with the Germany and Bayern Munich midfielder about a stunning £10m switch to Old Trafford.

he World Cup winner has one year left on his contract and so far hasn't agreed a new deal.

Boss Guardiola said: "Of course I am planning to work with Basti next season.

"But he must decide what he does alone. I've told him, 'the future depends on you.'"

Meanwhile, Javier Hernandez has suffered a broken collarbone that could scupper a £10m move to Liverpool.

The Mexico hitman picked up the injury during a Gold Cup warm-up game against Honduras and is expected to be sidelined for up to two months.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been keen on Hernandez for the last 12 months and was considering a bid for the 27-year-old.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451559/Man-United-Jonny-Evans-Everton-Seamus-Coleman

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More spring cleaning. Can be forgiven if you forgot Nani's on payroll. Nicknamed sepak takraw king with his miskicked ballooning shots at goal :p

Nani: Fenerbahce open talks to sign Man Utd winger

Turkish club Fenerbahce are in talks to sign winger Nani from Manchester United.
The 28-year-old moved to Old Trafford in 2007 from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon, where he spent last season back on loan.
He scored 11 goals during his temporary stint back in his homeland.

Fenerbahce said negotiations to "transfer the player" were under way and that "Nani will be in Istanbul on Sunday for medical check up".

Nani has won four Premier League titles and the Champions League during his time with Manchester United.
He signed a five-year deal with the club in September 2013.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33375329