• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2014-2015

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adnan Januzaj scores in Manchester United Under-21s’ 4-0 rout of Man City

• James Wilson, Ashley Fletcher and Matthew Willcock complete scoring
• Match marred by minor skirmish between rival supporters at Old Trafford

Manchester United Under-21s moved to within a point of the Premier League title with a 4-0 victory over Manchester City at Old Trafford, though the victory was marred by a minor skirmish between rival fans during the second half.

Adnan Januzaj created James Wilson’s opener after five minutes and scored himself after the break before limping off towards the end and is an injury concern for Sunday’s visit of Arsène Wenger’s Arsenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/12/manchester-united-city-under-21-adnan-januzaj

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd: 10 years of the Glazers - is Old Trafford club better off?
By Simon Stone BBC Sport

Demonised and ridiculed yet praised for their business brains and financial foresight, the Glazer family have split opinion during their 10-year reign as owners of Manchester United.

From trophies to transfers, debts to sponsorship deals, players to profits, BBC Sport examines the impact on different aspects of the club, a decade after the Americans' controversial takeover.

Trophies - United's most successful period
Already the most successful club of the Premier League era, United have won more silverware in the decade since the Glazer takeover than the 10 years before.

They have also claimed more trophies in the past decade than any other English club. A graphic showing the trophies won by Man Utd in the 10 years before and since the Glazers takeover. Only Chelsea come close, with 13 trophies compared to United's 15. Manchester City are next with five. While domestically the past decade has brought regular success until the last two years, United still lag behind major European rivals. Spanish aristocrats Barcelona have won 19 trophies in the same period, including three Champions League titles in 2006, 2009 and 2011. German giants Bayern Munich have lifted 17.
_82950792_glazerstrophiesgraphic2.png

Players - record transfer fees paid
Opposition to the Glazer ownership has centred around United's relative lack of spending in the transfer market.
Until David Moyes broke the club record by spending £37.1m to sign Juan Mata from Chelsea in January, net spending had only once exceeded £50m since 2005.

Even after Louis van Gaal's record £157.7m splurge last summer, including a British record £59.7m for Angel Di Maria, net spend over the decade has been £274.6m, compared to Chelsea's £370.7m. Angel Di Maria raises his arms playing for Man Utd against Everton in a recent Premier League game. Di Maria scored three goals in his first five United games but has only notched one in his last 26. Some supporters remain adamant Sir Alex Ferguson's spending was restricted under the Glazers, despite the Scot's repeated denials.

"At not one point in the Glazers' ownership has a manager said, 'I want this player, can you pony up the money for it' and they have said no," said a source. "It still astonishes me that even Sir Alex saying it multiple times was not believed."
That stance is reinforced by Tehsin Nayani, who spent six years as the Glazers' official spokesman.
"There was never any financial barrier to Sir Alex Ferguson," said Nayani.

Debt - still £380m after peak of £778m
United had been debt-free until 2005. That all changed when the Glazers took over.
Many fans argued they were effectively gaining control with the club's own cash. That belief prompted waves of protests, which continue in some form today. Even the club's own directors went public with their dismay at the time of the £790m takeover bid, claiming it was "too aggressive" and "potentially damaging".

A graphic showing the level of debt since the Glazers took over Man Utd
_82932125_glazersdebtgraphic.png

Rather than putting the Glazers off, the move hardened attitudes within the camp. Even the view of business experts Deloitte and Touche, who were brought in to do an industry report on the club and argued the deal did not make financial sense, did not put them off.

"In the end, the Glazers beat their numbers," said a source close to the deal. "Deloitte weren't just wrong, they were miles wrong."
Following the takeover, ticket prices initially rose sharply. A season ticket in the East Stand Upper Tier at Old Trafford increased by almost 30% from £494 to £665 between 2006 and 2009. This season it was £705.
Debts were refinanced to cut interest rates.
A £500m bond issue was launched in January 2010, which created more supporter anxiety due to a clear warning spelt out in the prospectus about the financial structure of the club - "our significant indebtedness could adversely affect our financial health" - which included the potential sale and lease-back of United's Carrington training complex.

Reaction came in the form of a visual green and gold protest. Even David Beckham ended up wearing a scarf in the colours United had first worn when founded as Newton Heath in 1878. United's debt peaked in the summer of 2010 at nearly £778m. By the end of last year, that figure had dropped to £380.5m.

Business - record sponsorship deals & revenue
The Glazers set about revolutionising United's commercial operation.
On 1 July 2005, they flew into England for a momentous visit, including a first visit to Old Trafford and a first - and so far only - interview by co-chairman Joel Glazer with MUTV, the club's official television channel. The visit ended with the brothers being driven out of Old Trafford in a police van for their own safety due to the angry protests outside.

A graphic showing Man Utd's financial clout since the Glazers took over the club
_82950793_glazersfinancesgraphic-1.png

Earlier in the day, they had paid a visit to Newbury, UK base of Vodafone. It was expected they would provide some reassurance to a company paying £9m a year to have their name across United's red shirts.
"They did nothing of the sort," said one source who is familiar with the conversations that took place. "No-one could quite believe it because there was a feeling Vodafone wanted out anyway. But afterwards, the brothers were completely calm. They felt £9m a year totally undervalued what the shirt deal for Manchester United was worth."
Vodafone terminated the deal in 2006, two years early.

Their replacements, US insurers AIG, paid £14m a year. When they could not renew, Aon agreed an £80m deal over four years.
Car giant Chevrolet are now in the first season of a seven-year deal worth £361m. Aon's association remains through a £120m eight-year deal to sponsor United's training ground and kit.
The latest shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet is worth £361m over seven years. After inheriting a commercial department of two, the Glazer family sanctioned an increase in staff to more than 150.
German sportswear giant Adidas will commence a £750m 10-year deal to make United's shirts from 1 August.
In comparison, Adidas are paying Chelsea £300m over 10 years. Chelsea will also receive £40m a year from Yokohama Rubber to sponsor their kits from next season.

When United reported their 2013-14 financial accounts, commercial revenue of £189.3m exceeded the entire turnover - match-day revenue, media income and commercial combined - of all but four of their Premier League rivals.

It allowed them to sack Moyes and his staff at a cost of £5.2m, ride the loss of £50m through the failure to qualify for this season's Champions League and still sanction the purchase of Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven for a fee of between £25m and £30m, with manager Louis van Gaal looking to make further additions to his squad this summer.

Global appeal - out on their own
A survey conducted by market research company Kantar puts United's worldwide following at 659 million. Roughly half (325 million) live in the Asia-Pacific region.

The United States has been identified as the major commercial market of the future given the growing interest in the Premier League, thanks in part to extensive coverage by network broadcaster NBC. United have negotiated deals in over 150 countries, many of them regionalised.

"Other clubs are taking a leaf out of our book," said a United staff member who preferred not to be identified.
"But copying how you do it is one thing. They are not the same as Manchester United."
An earlier survey by German company Sport+Markt put United's fanbase at 354 million in 2011, ahead of Chelsea (135 million), with Arsenal (113 million), Liverpool (71 million) and Manchester City (18 million).
Ownership - a low-profile approach

Someone now detached from the club described the family as "one of the best owners" in football, with the exception of maybe Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City.

The Glazers did once pay a visit to United's training ground, but are rarely seen at the club
"They are low-profile and have kept out of the way to let the manager do his job," said the source.
"There is a lot of cynicism around them, but they had a simple strategy - and it has worked."
Ferguson stated his preference for the straightforward ownership model the Glazers brought after the difficulties he had endured dealing with the publicly-owned 'PLC'.

They have presented the impression of being owners prepared to stay in the background and let the manager do his job, even if it could be argued Ferguson was unsackable and Moyes's 51-game tenure was the shortest reign of any United manager since World War Two. Five of Chelsea's recent managers did not last that long, including Roberto Di Matteo, who won the Champions League.
Protest - 'values eroded for personal profit'

"I firmly believe that takeover was bad news for the football club - and still is," says Andy Walsh, general manager of FC United, the club set up in 2005 by disaffected United fans in protest at the Glazer family's debt-burdening ownership of United.
Manchester United fans protest against the Glazers at Old Trafford

United fans were vociferous in their protests against the Glazers at the height of the club's debt in 2010
"Yes, there has been success on the field. But Manchester United has been reduced by the Glazers's involvement.
"It has caused disruption amongst the support and the whole attitude of the club has changed in the approach they make to the game and their commitment to Manchester.

"The values Manchester United was built on, through the 1930s, 40s and 50s, have been eroded for profit, the personal profit of the Glazer family."
The protests may have been largely silenced but public portrayal of the Glazers remains overwhelmingly negative.
But a source familiar with them said: "They are human beings. If you were to ask someone would they rather be liked or not liked, the answer is obvious.
"The state of their relationship with the fans is not a surprise. It is very difficult to turn opinion round on a group of people who are fundamentally private individuals and do not engage directly. But it is wrong."

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another peacock in the making? :p

Memphis Depay is determined to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliance at Manchester United.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-united-depay-aiming-emulate-9249168

Ronaldo, one of United's greatest players, won three Premier League titles, two League Cups, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Club World Cup during six glittering years at Old Trafford.

And Depay, who announced at a London event he can become 'one of the best players in the world', is optimistic he can be as influential as Ronaldo at United.

"I heard people compare me to Cristiano Ronaldo," he said at the launch of the Under Armour Speedform Boot in the capital.

"It's great to hear other people say that but I'm still 21 and I hope one day I can reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo."

Depay will be reunited with former Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford less than a year on from starring in their World Cup campaign.

Depay's goals secured the Dutch title for PSV
Van Gaal prevented Depay from joining Paris Saint-Germain this month and Depay is eager to start work with his mentor at club level.

"He is different," Depay added. "His performance on the training ground is different from other trainers. After the World Cup he told me to stay hungry and I told myself to stay hungry.

"When I made the decision to stay I wanted to be champion and top scorer. I set those goals and I hope to achieve them. It will be great to have an opportunity to train with him and work with him.

Depay scored twice for Holland at the 2014 World CupDepay scored twice for Holland at the 2014 World Cup
Tottenham made a £14m bid for Depay after the World Cup last year, however the forward instead signed a new contract with PSV.

His 22 goals in 29 appearances have led PSV to their first Eredivisie title in seven years and, given the stature of the club he is about to leave them for, the cocksure Depay is pleased to have extended his development in his homeland.

"I made the choice to stay an extra year together with my manager at PSV and the people around me. It was a good choice, I think?

Depay scored twice for the Netherlands at the World CupDepay celebrates his winning Netherlands goal against Australia
"We became champions in the Dutch league and with one more game left I can become top scorer. That’s a good choice, yeah?

"I have learned more every day. It is to do with how many games you play and how many situations you face on the pitch.

"I'm very excited. I always dreamed about the Premier League. It's a dream come true but I'm not finished and I stay hungry."

peacock1.jpgpeacock.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spring cleaning? :p

Manchester United's Gareth Bale transfer plans mean it's curtains for Robin van Persie and Angel Di Maria

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-gareth-bale-transfer-5698175

Manchester United will off-load Robin van Persie and Angel Di Maria this summer - to make way for the marquee signing of Gareth Bale.

United are preparing to ditch Van Persie and last summer's £59.7million British-record signing Di Maria to shave a massive £500,000-a-week off their wage bill, enabling them to land Bale from Real Madrid.

Bale remains the Old Trafford giants’ top transfer target this summer, and they believe a deal can be struck to land the former Tottenham star and bring him back to the Premier League after two years in Spain.

Central to United’s hopes of securing the Welshman will be getting rid of striker Van Persie and winger Di Maria, both of whom are on £250,000-a-week.

They have received sufficient encouragement to move for Bale this summer, having lost out on him in 2013 when he decided to join Real from Spurs for a world-record fee of £85m.

Bale has endured a tough second season at Real and become a scapegoat for the team’s failings, with fans venting their anger at him as Carlo Ancelotti’s side - who won the European Cup and Spanish Cup last year - face the prospect of ending this campaign empty-handed.

A series of missed chances in Real’s Champions League semi-final defeat to Juventus added weight to the belief Bale, who is understood to have had trouble settling in the Spanish capital, will be on his way this summer.

Bernabeu president Florentino Perez is set to act upon those frustrations by putting Bale up for sale, with United at the head of the queue to land the 25-year-old superstar.

Despite Bale’s turbulent second term in Spain, Real will be looking to recoup as much of their outlay on him as they can, with United likely to have to pay up to £80m to land him.

That is within United’s means, given their world record £750m kit deal with Adidas is about to kick in, but they will need to free up money from their existing wage bill to afford Bale’s demands.

As revealed by Mirror Sport on April 6, United will listen to offers for Van Persie this summer, with no plans to offer the striker, out of contract in 12 months, a new deal, with boss Louis van Gaal believing it is time for him to move on.

Di Maria is also on his way, with French big spenders Paris Saint-Germain his likeliest destination.

United would prefer a straight sale, but a season-long loan with a fixed obligation to buy him at the end is a possibility.

The Old Trafford top brass accept they will have to take a hit on Di Maria if they are to offload him to accommodate Bale, with PSG wanting to pay in the region of £45m for the former Real Madrid star.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward believes United will have a squad strong enough to challenge on all fronts next season, once their summer business - which has already seen them agree a deal to buy PSV Eindhoven wide-man Memphis Depay - is concluded.

Woodward said: “Regarding this summer’s transfer activity, we have already started implementing our plans, and last week announced that Memphis Depay, who is one of the most exciting young players in Europe, will be joining our first-team.

“We expect to be active again during the window, but it is too early to give guidance on transfers or wages at this point.

“Is the squad deep enough to challenge? The squad will be absolutely deep enough and ready to challenge on all fronts, all competitions next year.

“That as ever does involve some ins and outs in the summer.”

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget Bale! He's a glory seeker. We've just bought one from PSV and I dun think we need another. Stick with Di Maria.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another peacock in the making? :p

Memphis Depay is determined to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliance at Manchester United.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-united-depay-aiming-emulate-9249168

Ronaldo, one of United's greatest players, won three Premier League titles, two League Cups, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Club World Cup during six glittering years at Old Trafford.

And Depay, who announced at a London event he can become 'one of the best players in the world', is optimistic he can be as influential as Ronaldo at United.

"I heard people compare me to Cristiano Ronaldo," he said at the launch of the Under Armour Speedform Boot in the capital.

He is cocky. He's got to prove himself in EPL. Physically he'll be well suited for the task and I think he will succeed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Penultimate match to end season. Gun or get gunned down by Gunners?:p

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Sunday, 17 May

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has confirmed Wayne Rooney and Luke Shaw will not feature.
Michael Carrick is also absent and defender Jonny Evans is a doubt, but Angel Di Maria, Robin van Persie and Marcos Rojo are available again.

Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck won't face his former club after he was ruled out with a knee injury.
However, midfielder Aaron Ramsey should feature despite only returning to training on Friday after a knock.

MATCH PREVIEW
In the rich history of this fixture - which incorporates tantrums, trophies, punches and pizza - this is a low-key meeting.

Low key, but not entirely without importance. It's likely that either Arsenal or Manchester United will have to play a play-off tie to confirm their place in the Champions League group stage next season. Since Uefa shuffled how they seed this stage a few seasons back, qualifying has become that bit less of a forgone conclusion.

The fourth-placed Premier League team will only be able to be drawn against teams who have similarly finished in third or fourth place in a strong league, as opposed to the champions of a weaker one. In practice, that could mean the likes of Valencia or Shakhtar Donetsk rather than Ventspils or Shakhtyor Soligorsk.

Those matches will be played in August. Arsene Wenger will certainly recall how close his side came to losing their tie against Besiktas at the start of this season.

Lawro's prediction
"The Gunners got a great result at Old Trafford in the FA Cup in March with a game-plan that worked but, rather than relying on being resilient, I think Arsene Wenger might revert to his usual attacking approach this time."

It's important for the Premier League that, whoever that fourth-placed English team is, they do qualify for the Champions League group stage. It would only take one more season of English underachievement and Italian success for Serie A's Uefa coefficient to threaten to take England's fourth Champions League place away.

If Arsenal repeat their FA Cup quarter-final win at Old Trafford, then they'll know for sure that the play-off round will be Louis van Gaal's problem, not theirs.

Of course, there will always an edge to any Manchester United v Arsenal game, however meagre the spoils of victory might be. But however competitive it is on Sunday, both managers will reflect that it's their job to make sure it matters more next season.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Manchester United are unbeaten in seven Premier League meetings between these sides (W5, D2) and they have lost just one in 12.
Arsenal's last league victory at Old Trafford was in September 2006; however they did win there in the FA Cup earlier this season.

The Gunners' last five top-flight victories at United have all been by a 1-0 scoreline.

Manchester United
Manchester United have won seven of their last eight league games at Old Trafford.
They have earned 43 points at home this season - only Chelsea have won more, with 46.
United have gone seven games without keeping a clean sheet; the last time they conceded in eight Premier League matches in a row was in September 2001.

Louis van Gaal's side have scored just two goals in their last four league matches.
Wayne Rooney needs one more goal to equal Denis Law's tally of 171 and move to joint third in the club's all-time leading league scorers. Only Bobby Charlton (199) and Jack Rowley (182) have scored more.

Arsenal
Arsenal have won five successive league games away from home.
However, against the Premier League's current top nine they have only won away to Manchester City this season (W1, D1, L5).
The last Premier League team to prevent the Gunners from scoring away from home was Southampton on New Year's Day.
Arsene Wenger has named the same team in five successive league matches for the first time since January 1994.
Alexis Sanchez has scored 16 league goals this campaign. Only Thierry Henry (17) in 1999-2000 has scored more goals for Arsenal in his first season with the club.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Season of jostling, with rumours mill getting into gear :p Don't think for a moment this tid bit holds any truth :cool:

Pep Guardiola will weigh up Manchester United before deciding on Man City job
22:30, 20 MAY 2015
BY JAMES ROBSON

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../manchester-united-pep-guardiola-city-9296704

Bayern Munich coach Guardiola is out of contract next summer and will assess managerial situation at Man Utd.

Pep Guardiola will assess the managerial situation at Manchester United before making a decision about City.

The Bayern Munich coach is out of contract next summer and is the number one choice to succeed Manuel Pellegrini at the Etihad.

But the 44-year-old is understood to be tempted by the prospect of managing at Old Trafford and will wait to see how Louis van Gaal performs next season before making any definite plans about his future.

Van Gaal will only have one year left on his contract by that stage - potentially leaving United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward in a difficult position.

The Dutchman will be approaching his 65th birthday and entering the final 12 months of his deal at a time when the world’s most sought-after coach becomes available.

MORE: Man City's Pellegrini bullish despite Ancelotti and Guardiola rumours

Woodward will face the prospect of allowing City a free run at Guardiola if United don't enter the race for the two-time Champions League-winning, former Barcelona coach.

City chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain are determined to be reunited with the man they worked with at the Nou Camp.

They've been encouraged by the fact that he has not ruled out the possibility of taking over - but there are no guarantees they will secure his services.

Guardiola has confirmed he will see out the remainder of his contract at Bayern, where he has won back to back titles.

MORE: Van Gaal plans busy summer at Man Utd with Bale and Hummels top targets

Pellegrini also has a year to run on his deal at City, with the club intent on sticking with the Chilean next season despite a trophyless campaign.

Van Gaal has successfully led United back to the Champions League in his first campaign in charge, but will be expected to deliver silverware next term.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd transfer news: Louis van Gaal keen on signing Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger
Dutchman ready to make swoop for World Cup winner during summer transfer window

Louis van Gaal is ready to exploit Bastian Schweinsteiger’s contract stand-off with Bayern Munich by offering the World Cup winner a summer opportunity to move to Manchester United.

Van Gaal, who retains an interest in Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels, despite claims from the German club that he will remain at Signal Iduna Park, wants to add at least one experienced midfielder to his squad ahead of next season due to the current over-reliance on the form and fitness of Michael Carrick.

Talks have already taken place between intermediaries and United manager Van Gaal believes Schweinsteiger can be lured to Old Trafford due to the 30-year-old’s ongoing refusal to commit to a new deal at Bayern.

"I am in no hurry to renew,” Schweinsteiger said recently, when asked about his contractual situation at the Allianz Arena. “It is not something that bothers me because I have a year left before it expires.

"The important thing is that my physical problems and injuries are resolved. The rest will follow."

United are continuing to monitor Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan and Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, who left Old Trafford for Turin three years ago, but Van Gaal is keen to explore the possibility of signing Schweinsteiger after failing to strike a deal for the player last summer.

The Germany midfielder became a key figure at Bayern during Van Gaal’s two seasons in charge of the club between 2009 and 2011, with Schweinsteiger previously crediting the Dutchman as a key influence on his career.

Although Schweinsteiger has been troubled by injury this season, he has returned to action in recent weeks to reclaim his place in Pep Guardiola’s team.

But with United able to offer Schweinsteiger a longer and more lucrative contract than Bayern, as well as the opportunity of a new challenge in the Premier League, Van Gaal is confident that his relationship with the player could prompt him to leave the Bundesliga.

United, meanwhile, have yet to concede to defeat in their attempts to sign Dortmund defender Hummels.

The German club’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, insisted last night that Dortmund are ‘planning ahead’ with Hummels, who had claimed earlier this season that he was ready to leave the club.

United have been given no indication, however, that Hummels will reject a move to England and the club will press on with their transfer plans once the season ends at the weekend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Munich-midfielder-Bastian-Schweinsteiger.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they have any ambition for silverware next season, they'll need cover for Carrick. The swine is 30 and is good for the short term.

jw5

Loyal
Carrick will be 34 when the new season starts. DOB: 28 July 1981

Imho, Man Utd should try to get Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton, and in so doing, also keep him away from Arsenal. :wink:

If they have any ambition for silverware next season, they'll need cover for Carrick. The swine is 30 and is good for the short term.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Carrick will be 34 when the new season starts. DOB: 28 July 1981

Imho, Man Utd should try to get Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton, and in so doing, also keep him away from Arsenal. :wink:

He wants a move to the Emirates. Let's hope they move swiftly this time and get the players they need just as they did with Depay.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgone conclusion? :p

Radamel Falcao: Manchester United decide not to sign striker
By Simon Stone. BBC Sport

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32865649

Manchester United have decided not to keep Radamel Falcao following the end of his season-long loan from Monaco.
The Colombian missed Sunday's 0-0 draw with Hull due to injury and scored just four goals in 29 appearances.

United did not take up a reported £43.2m option to buy the 29-year-old, who failed to net in his last 13 games.

"Falcao is a top professional and a good human being. I would like to wish him well for the future," Van Gaal told the club's website.

The former Porto and Atletico Madrid striker's last goal came against Leicester on 31 January. The South American, who missed the World Cup after suffering a serious knee injury in January, made a point of waving to the United fans when he was substituted in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal on 17 May, in what proved to be his last appearance.

It is the first decision in what is expected to be a busy summer for Van Gaal, who will look to reshape a squad he has consistently said is not balanced.

And while the 63-year-old is ready to go on an extended holiday to Portugal, after spending most of last summer guiding the Netherlands to third place at the World Cup, he intends to remain in touch with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

"I am the manager," he said.
"I have to decide which players are to go and which have to come. That is a process. It is not so easy. It is waiting for clubs to agree or not.
"It is hard work, but more for Ed Woodward than me. I go on holiday but I will always be in contact."

There was no update on the future of goalkeeper David de Gea, who missed the Hull game after failing to recover from a hamstring injury.
"He has to say something, not I," said Van Gaal when asked about the Spaniard.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis van Gaal reveals he desperately needs new holding midfielder

LOUIS VAN GAAL has revealed signing a deep-lying midfielder is a top priority for Manchester United this summer.

By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
PUBLISHED: 13:45, Sun, May 24, 2015 | UPDATED: 14:40, Sun, May 24, 2015
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...hedira-Man-United-Need-New-Holding-Midfielder

The Red Devils are heavily reliant on Michael Carrick in that area of the field, and since his season-ending injury, United are without a replacement.

And Van Gaal is well aware of the importance of filling that void to free-up the likes of Wayne Rooney and Ander Herrera to play in more advanced roles.

He said: "No.6 is a key player, yes. I have more key roles - the No.6 is just one of those key roles.
"You have seen this season, for example, because Michael Carrick is injured and I don't have another, I have to play with Ander Herrera there.

"He did it very well, but it is not his speciality.

"I have played Wayne Rooney there also, but it is not his favoured position. I had to do this because I don't have another right-footed holding midfielder like Carrick.

Sami Khedira could be the perfect signing for Manchester United
"That is why it is a key role, but I cannot discuss other positions because then I show too much."

I was frozen out and wouldn’t have a chance to continue playing. It’s not the end that I wanted
Sami Khedira

And Van Gaal may be in luck as Sami Khedira looks set to part ways with Real Madrid and will be available on a free transfer.

He told Spanish newspaper Marca this week: "Ive always felt that I’ve had the coach’s backing but the message indirectly came through to me that I was no longer needed.

"I was frozen out and wouldn’t have a chance to continue playing. It’s not the end that I wanted.

"It hurts that I’m accused of a lack of professionalism because I’ve always put the team ahead of myself. I’ve always gone with the truth."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgone conclusion? :p

Radamel Falcao: Manchester United decide not to sign striker
By Simon Stone. BBC Sport

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32865649

Manchester United have decided not to keep Radamel Falcao following the end of his season-long loan from Monaco.
The Colombian missed Sunday's 0-0 draw with Hull due to injury and scored just four goals in 29 appearances.

United did not take up a reported £43.2m option to buy the 29-year-old, who failed to net in his last 13 games.

"Falcao is a top professional and a good human being. I would like to wish him well for the future," Van Gaal told the club's website.

It's a pity we have to see him go. He's a fox in the box kind of striker. We already have Chicharito Hernandez. In fairness to Falcao, the possession football that we play didn't quite suit him nor Hernandez. Physically, he's clearly not suited.
Let's hope he finds his confidence elsewhere. He's an amazing striker.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Louis van Gaal reveals he desperately needs new holding midfielder

LOUIS VAN GAAL has revealed signing a deep-lying midfielder is a top priority for Manchester United this summer.

By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
PUBLISHED: 13:45, Sun, May 24, 2015 | UPDATED: 14:40, Sun, May 24, 2015
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...hedira-Man-United-Need-New-Holding-Midfielder

The Red Devils are heavily reliant on Michael Carrick in that area of the field, and since his season-ending injury, United are without a replacement.

And Van Gaal is well aware of the importance of filling that void to free-up the likes of Wayne Rooney and Ander Herrera to play in more advanced roles.

He said: "No.6 is a key player, yes. I have more key roles - the No.6 is just one of those key roles.
"You have seen this season, for example, because Michael Carrick is injured and I don't have another, I have to play with Ander Herrera there.

.................................................................................

They have to move quickly for both the central defender and holding midfielder. There's a dearth of talent in these key positions. Between Swine and Khedira, I'd prefer the former. Swine plays a lot like Ballack. He disrupts opponent's attack, good passer of the ball and shoots well.

You have Vidal, Pogba, Mascherano, Sergio Busquets and Radja Nainggolan who can play in that position but my first choice for that role is Ramirez. The two amigos will probably remain with Barca, Pogba will likely leave for PSG or the two Spanish giants this summer which leaves us with only Swine, Khedira, Vidal and Radja.