• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EcoBotanic or Horizon Hills - which is better value ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80916

Please correct me - if my statements are wrong,..but,

"Horizon Hills <-Individual Title, lower monthly maintenance,more freedom to exercise individual judgement,.....fast forward 8,10 years,..the different residents within Horizon Hills may all have different external house paint colours ?

EcoBotanic <-Strata Title,..higher maintenance fees,..fast forward 8,10 years,..residents must still comply with house rules, so,..hopefully, better maintained' ?????

Is it correct, that part of the monthly maintenance fees will go to a sinking fund, but when the time comes for house external repainting,..such costs will still come from the individual houseowner ?

How much, does it cost - to repaint a 2-story normal terrace house, estimated ?

Thanks

I am sure the HH residents pay good money to upkeep the facilities. HH residents can demand for the common facilities to be repaired. Imagine there are some fools out there who think that paying maintenance fees are a waste of time. Sheesh.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please correct me - if my statements are wrong,..but,

"Horizon Hills <-Individual Title, lower monthly maintenance,more freedom to exercise individual judgement,.....fast forward 8,10 years,..the different residents within Horizon Hills may all have different external house paint colours ?

EcoBotanic <-Strata Title,..higher maintenance fees,..fast forward 8,10 years,..residents must still comply with house rules, so,..hopefully, better maintained' ?????

Is it correct, that part of the monthly maintenance fees will go to a sinking fund, but when the time comes for house external repainting,..such costs will still come from the individual houseowner ?

How much, does it cost - to repaint a 2-story normal terrace house, estimated ?

Thanks

Maintenance fees are based on extent of common property and facilities to maintained in relation to the number of houses in that precinct. A high volume of common area and facilities with low number of houses will have high maintenance fees. Nothing to do with strata or non strata titles.

Whether an estate is better maintained or not will depend on two main areas - the level of expertise, integrity and efficiency of management and the quality of residents / tenants.

If you have a management who is more keen to sell residents contacts than estate management, it will go to the dogs very quickly. If the residents are like the Japanese (ala Mandarin Gardens) who go around cleaning litter on their own volition and not making loud noises etc, you can be sure of a well sought after living environment. In contrast, an estate full of ah bengs and lians will still turn out poorly even if you put a top notch, no nonsense management in charge. Always buy a neighbourhood, not a house.

Labor + mid range paint (say Nippon easy wash) about RM6,000 onwards depending on condition of walls etc. Quite subjective. Just get a few quotes.

Generally labor cost is double your paint cost. So do spend more on good quality paint so the paint work last much longer. Differential between each grade of paint is like RM10 per 5 liter. In years to come, labor will cost more and more.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
maintenance fee for strata title landed property is going to be exorbitant. Easily starting with RM500per month. Not many realise this and regret after they found out the fee keep increasing on yearly basis due to inflation. These ignorant house buyers will bang their head than.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless, it's going to be not much different from Singapore condo maintenance.
Just hope that the standards will be able to be maintained.
But given Malaysia track record, it's a dicey proposition.

Better plan for worse case scenario.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
maintenance fee for strata title landed property is going to be exorbitant. Easily starting with RM500per month. Not many realise this and regret after they found out the fee keep increasing on yearly basis due to inflation. These ignorant house buyers will bang their head than.
where you got your data? you stay stata g&g? which project? if your project strata title g&g with density >13 unit per acres with 500RM, you can query your jmb why so ex.

southville city mah sing project (bangi). 2.5 storey terrace, strata title. maintenance fee 300RM. ecosummer strata title indicative less than 200RM. SEC maintenance 200-300RM. all these are roughly 10-13 unit per acre. higher maintenance will be for those larger houses precinct ie lower density. everything must make sense.
more and more development in KL now with strata title landed ie "true" g&g.
you heard it here first. don't regret you never bought strata g&g landed during the first wave in JB.
in fact i'm in KL now. have been talking to sales and general subsale property agents. all of them are saying strata title g*g is the new popular choice for landed in KL because the scheme allow true g&g with jmb to be formed, especially as security is the issue in landed.
JB is normally 4-5 years behind KL in adopting of these trends.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
G and G you referring to is without facilities ?
I think with more facilities like leisure Farm concept probably got higher maintenence cost.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
G and G you referring to is without facilities ?
I think with more facilities like leisure Farm concept probably got higher maintenence cost.

yes, that is true. more facilities, lower density, higher maintenance. I think it's fairly logical. :smile: