• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EcoBotanic or Horizon Hills - which is better value ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breaking news - home invasion

BREAKING NEWS - Home invasion last night in HH.

Township management and security company needs to pull their act together.

Too much HR turnover for township staff and security guards.

Peace to all.

D

Deleted member 80916

Re: Breaking news - home invasion

what really happened ?

Peace to all.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking news - home invasion

Is it? We can get Wuqi to verify. But this morning I went there it seems normal.

Peace to all.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I just went to take a look at the Eco showrooms. I must say its disappointing for the price that they are charging. Build quality and materials are nothing special.
Seems very similar to standard build of Setia Tropica. Which was perhaps OK for the price.

I think the developer is just riding on hype. They dumped a huge amount on the landscaping to lull the buyer into a false impression but the design and quality is disappointing for the price.

It's just my opinion. Although there's a lot of local people interested in the project when I was there. But I think it will have difficulty attracting more sophisticated buyers.

It's funny you should say this. I could qoute designer bags or luxury cars as comparisons to your analogy. It's the same piece of cow leather n same piece of metal n rubber tyres. You have to realise that buyers are now more sophisticated n they are buying not just ur brick n mortar but a lifestyle. Judging from ECW sales gallery to the design n landscaping I find it amusing one feels that the eco botanic concept doesn't appeal to buyers with taste. I personally went into all the show units there n was blown away by the myriad of designs each house had to offer. I cannot think of any other developer who could top their marketing strength at this moment. If you are lookin for shocking pink Italian marble tiles n golden toilet seats with swarovski beads I am sure Eco world does not cater to such gaudy buyers. U could do it at a non strata title area like BDO though.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ya, good to educate some ignorant folks :wink:

What this ignorant folk doesn't know is industry insiders acknowledge that tan Sri was the main driving force behind setia. Coupled with his vision n political elite contacts, I don't know of any newbie who still needs to prove anything to an ignorant fool. Insiders also confirm he is slowly bringing his obedient generals over to ECW. I fear for setia actually on a without prejudice basis.

But We do know of someone who is keeping excellent track record of putting his foot in his mouth with his conspiracy theories n incomprehensible gibberish on a consistent basis. He provides me laughter after a long day at work just like how our bumbling ministers love to make a fool of themselves.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Totally agree.

But then again, the grapes may indeed be sour. :biggrin:

Or not as sweet as thought to be. :p

That could be true. But at the least do buy it first before passing condescending judgement right? :biggrin:
No point telling others how sour the grapes are when one hasn't even bought it yet. However based on what people see at the fruits stall n having tasted a sample, chances are the grapes will be sweet. Not forgetting the fruit seller management has a reputation for selling sweet grapes. :biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I donno why people ( esp Malaysians ) kept thinking those Singaporeans staying in HH are "rich"

Those pioneers like us who bought into Horizon Hills do so at just only S$100,000+ for the terraces and S$300,000 for the semi Ds. That time, still my Malaysian relatives think we are "rich"

But when you are indeed staying there and look around, you see HDB dwellers from Singapore who rent or sell their HDBs for S$500,000 and come here to buy Semis at HH for $300,000. Those far-sighted ones leverage and bought a few semis cos to them, it is cheap.

HH is never a place for the rich unless you are staying in the bungalows, that time it cost about S$700,000. But of course to the Malaysians earning RM 3000, someone earning S$3000 and staying in a S$300,000 house is rich.

In Singapore, you and I know $300k can only buy you an old 3 room HDB flat.

The real ignorant guys are those who are dumping money over the CGI effect of ECW..... Infact nothing great about houses built by Setia in the past. Horizon Hill is obvious a better choice for the rich.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon hills newer launches will qualify for being for the rich.
Heard that bungalows going for 4 million.

Guess that's the current price range in Iskandar.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree now the bungalows are for the rich but just how many % of the houses are bungalows in HH?

The difference in residents between Gateway and Golf West are really huge. If you stayed long enough you see the quality of the residents

Horizon hills newer launches will qualify for being for the rich.
Heard that bungalows going for 4 million.

Guess that's the current price range in Iskandar.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree now the bungalows are for the rich but just how many % of the houses are bungalows in HH?

The difference in residents between Gateway and Golf West are really huge. If you stayed long enough you see the quality of the residents

Horizon hills unless they improve the value proposition of the estate it runs the risk of becoming another regular Taman. The competition is heating up.
Case in point, Leisure farm, emerald bay, Avira, Senibong cove, Sunrise etc.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. Very good points.
Didn't know about Leisure Farm sales conspiracy though. That's an eye opener

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. Ok. I miss interpret. But I'm sure with lax controls and so much money coming in to catch a good deal this will very likely happen.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Good point Puteriworld. One thing I realize in life is that one can be rich and buy bungalow but one cannot buy class... I see it everyday dealing with the towkays (New Rich). Once they list their penny stock companies on KLSE suddenly they think the whole world owes them a living. They are crude. Shove their ways around, get the coveted datukships n think they have made it in life. But I am sure as hell confirm they will buy overpriced properties to flaunt their wealth. :biggrin:

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes have heard many stories of HH sales team and also other workers there either selling on the side or asking for referrals.
Not all but a few is enough to spoil the name.
Other developer sales team definitely more professional and eager to help you (and not themselves) to get a sale done!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets just say the Horizon Hills management screwed themselves up in terms of security and maintainence. I have long complained about the playground being vandalised and full of the same litters every weekend I bring my boys there but nothing has been done. End up the slide became so digusting and dirty that I forbid my children from getting near there. Those were done by only a few irresponsible boys ( not going to mention race or nationality here but u and I know ) because their families can well afford the houses at RM 200+k after 15% "discount".

Yes have heard many stories of HH sales team and also other workers there either selling on the side or asking for referrals.
Not all but a few is enough to spoil the name.
Other developer sales team definitely more professional and eager to help you (and not themselves) to get a sale done!

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am sure the HH residents pay good money to upkeep the facilities. HH residents can demand for the common facilities to be repaired. Imagine there are some fools out there who think that paying maintenance fees are a waste of time. Sheesh.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err... if they can receive feedback and work on it, therr wont be robberies cases. The fact is they are more keen in selling the residents tel number to agents who pay them good money.
I am sure the HH residents pay good money to upkeep the facilities. HH residents can demand for the common facilities to be repaired. Imagine there are some fools out there who think that paying maintenance fees are a waste of time. Sheesh.