• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF rally at Hong Lim and the deafening absence of WP and other oppos

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So, a very curious thing happened at the olde rally. 6000 people showed up to speak out and to hear people speak out against the exploitive CPF policies, but the people that mattered the most, the official opposition was noticeable for their absence. Where was the WP? Where were the representatives of other opposition parties? Did Roy ban them? Did the organizers tell them not to come? Here is a ready made opportunity in front of 6000 people, and with your message beamed out on facebook and Youtube within minutes after you speak, and yet you are not there? Is there a better place and time to explain your party's stand on CPF, and what you would change if you took power? Is there a not a great opportunity to say a few words about the abusive nature of CPF, and at least show some support that it must change for the better, and that they are the party to do it? The supposed oppo WP does not only represent WP voters, but it represents the 40% of singaporeans who did not vote for the PAP, this is a large number of people. Over 1 million people. And yet, we have not heard a whimper from them. I want the WP to come out and say "Roy has made many good points regarding the CPF and we are of the same mind". I want them to say "CPF should pay 8% and be allowed to be withdrawn at 55 years". We need an orator of Churchilian proportions to whip the people at Hong Lim into a frenzy.

So, why is it this way? I can only assert that the WP is a fake oppo. People like Roy, Leong, etc. should run as independents in the next elections. I would request Roy to save a small portion of his legal fund donations to use a deposit for the next elections. Or else, they should band together and try for a GRC. Sinkies pay $16000 a month to oppo MPS. If they are not going to speak out on more issues, and keep voting the same way as the PAP, than why don't they just turn their pay over directly to the PAP. They look suspiciously like PAP "B" team to me.

jw5

Loyal
Bytheway, sorry for being repetitive but according to Samy Leong, repetitive posts are allowed in the courtyard folder. :p

If you vote for an opposition party, even IF they may be second team or whatshit, they may or may not back the pappies, but likely you will get your fair share of entertainment.

However if you vote for the MIW party or if you like, the first team, the elected candidate(s) will FOR SURE 100% back his party and most likely to be same old boring shit. :biggrin:

And that is why whenever there is an election contest between the MIW party and ANY opposition party, ALWAYS vote for the opposition party. :wink:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
more likely waiting for the right moment.

Rou and HHH has the right impetus to start CPF they are commoners. Whereas opps are political party so have to wait for the right moment. When? time will time.

Glad that you vring up this to shake the bloody shit hell of oppo parties also bohlum par.

ups you.

So, a very curious thing happened at the olde rally. 6000 people showed up to speak out and to hear people speak out against the exploitive CPF policies, but the people that mattered the most, the official opposition was noticeable for their absence. Where was the WP? Where were the representatives of other opposition parties? Did Roy ban them? Did the organizers tell them not to come? Here is a ready made opportunity in front of 6000 people, and with your message beamed out on facebook and Youtube within minutes after you speak, and yet you are not there? Is there a better place and time to explain your party's stand on CPF, and what you would change if you took power? Is there a not a great opportunity to say a few words about the abusive nature of CPF, and at least show some support that it must change for the better, and that they are the party to do it? The supposed oppo WP does not only represent WP voters, but it represents the 40% of singaporeans who did not vote for the PAP, this is a large number of people. Over 1 million people. And yet, we have not heard a whimper from them. I want the WP to come out and say "Roy has made many good points regarding the CPF and we are of the same mind". I want them to say "CPF should pay 8% and be allowed to be withdrawn at 55 years". We need an orator of Churchilian proportions to whip the people at Hong Lim into a frenzy.

So, why is it this way? I can only assert that the WP is a fake oppo. People like Roy, Leong, etc. should run as independents in the next elections. I would request Roy to save a small portion of his legal fund donations to use a deposit for the next elections. Or else, they should band together and try for a GRC. Sinkies pay $16000 a month to oppo MPS. If they are not going to speak out on more issues, and keep voting the same way as the PAP, than why don't they just turn their pay over directly to the PAP. They look suspiciously like PAP "B" team to me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a first-past-the-post electoral system, the main opposition party will almost always stay moderate and try to avoid rocking the boat. It is mathematics, not unique to WP.

The methods may vary, but the objective is common for WP and the other parties: to tear down the juggernaut called the PAP.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I said before but I need to repeat, oppo are only out to reap money, after that hide in tortoise shell. Sinkieland is a gone case.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
more likely waiting for the right moment.

Rou and HHH has the right impetus to start CPF they are commoners. Whereas opps are political party so have to wait for the right moment. When? time will time.

Glad that you vring up this to shake the bloody shit hell of oppo parties also bohlum par.

ups you.

At a rally in Cheng San years ago during the GE, JBJ commented on stage about a police report made by Tang LH and he got sued. The event at Cheng San might have served as a lesson to all oppo parties not to get involved in the current CPF protest rally. LTK knows when to hit and how to do it but certainly not at a rally which is not organised by WP. As for the other oppo parties, they are more or less aware of the risks. Guilty by association?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....ts is a moron and the opps parties knew it...
problem is he is living in his own ivory tower and thinks he is very credible.....

why don't he asks the question:
why no opp party raised the issue of lky having a mistress and illegitimate son????
ts claimed to have a reilable source...

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You always get excited over development of single and even isolated battles. That's you. It's okay. But the big boys are fighting a major war. They look at big pictures. As a responsible Opposition even when they reach a size and capability to take the fight to the Istana, they will still have to make sure it won't end up like a Gettysburg.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Chee Soon Juan of the SDP is currently away from Singapore (since end of May 2014) for a few weeks in Sydney. His speech was delivered by Mr Ariffin Sha at the CPF Hong Lim Park rally yesterday as shown in the youtube video below:

[video=youtube;TmfLCW6SgMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmfLCW6SgMk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The text of Dr CSJ's speech for the CPF Hong Lim Park rally is shown below:

CPF Minimum Sum must go

http://yoursdp.org/news/2014-06-08-5837

Dear fellow Singaporeans,

Let me first thank Ms Han Hui Hui and the organisers for staging this very important event to focus the nation's attention on our CPF and how the Government is withholding our hard-earned retirement savings.

I am unable join you at Hong Lim Park because I am presently at Sydney University to do a fellowship for a few weeks. But even as I am not there in person, I am, assuredly, there with you in spirit.

More than 20 years ago, the SDP had opposed the implementation of the Minimum Sum Scheme. Ever since, we have been doggedly trying to bring this most egregious breach of promise committed by the PAP to the attention of Singaporeans.

The CPF scheme was first introduced by the British colonial government and it started out with a 5 percent contribution from employees matched equally by employers. The goal was to help workers save for retirement. The savings would be returned to the saver upon retirement.

But when the PAP took over, the CPF became a lucrative source of funds for the Government and its original intent has been betrayed. The CPF is now used for housing payments, medical expenses, investment schemes, and so on.

Without an opposition to keep it in check, the Government introduced the Minimum Sum scheme in the 1980s to further retain our pension savings. The SDP firmly opposed such a move.

But this was before the days of the Internet and social media, and the PAP, with the help of the media that it controls, easily railroaded opposing views.

Back then, the amount retained was $80,000. The Government has, over the years, doubled the sum, withholding $155,000 of each member's account today.

Through the years, the SDP continued to bring to the attention of Singaporeans the detriment of the Minimum Sum Scheme. In 2008, when four of your fellow Singaporeans conducted a silent protest outside the CPF Building demanding the abolition of the Minimum Sum and calling for the Government to be transparent when it comes to our CPF money, they were met by the riot police.

But circumstances have changed. Now, on this day of 7 June 2014, we are exercising our rights to assemble here at Hong Lim Park. But our message hasn't changed: We want the Minimum Sum Scheme to be abolished and our CPF savings returned to us. We also want the Government to be transparent about how it handles and invests our CPF savings.

In our alternative economic programme that we published before the last general elections in 2011 called It's About You, the SDP spelt out measures on how our funds and reserves can be managed with a high level of transparency and where Singaporeans have a say in how they want their funds to be invested.

We will further refine our ideas on this topic in our forthcoming economic policy paper. We will present our ideas to the people of Singapore at the next GE and canvass their support.

In the meantime, please keep up your good work to inform the people and to warn them of the dangers of the Minimum Sum policy. Have a courageous rally and let us work even harder to build a democratic society for our nation, a society where the people are in charge and where the government is accountable to the people.

On behalf of my colleagues in the SDP, I wish you all the very best.

I remain yours in solidarity,

Chee Soon Juan

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You always get excited over development of single and even isolated battles. That's you. It's okay. But the big boys are fighting a major war. They look at big pictures. As a responsible Opposition even when they reach a size and capability to take the fight to the Istana, they will still have to make sure it won't end up like a Gettysburg.

Talk shit lah. Simi lancheow major war they are fighting? I hear the PAP cannons every day. The WP out of ammo izzit? The only fighting I hear is guerillas fighters like Roy shooting. Every one else hiding izzit?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At a rally in Cheng San years ago during the GE, JBJ commented on stage about a police report made by Tang LH and he got sued. The event at Cheng San might have served as a lesson to all oppo parties not to get involved in the current CPF protest rally. LTK knows when to hit and how to do it but certainly not at a rally which is not organised by WP. As for the other oppo parties, they are more or less aware of the risks. Guilty by association?

Ok, if LTK goes to this rally, stands on stage, and says "I agree with Roy, the PAP should make sure that the interest rate of 2.5% be raised immediately to reflect returns earned by Temasek and GIC". He can get sued for saying this? Bullshit. Not so easy. Like that, there is not enough lawyers in the world to sue every one who volunteers an opinion.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....ts is a moron and the opps parties knew it...
problem is he is living in his own ivory tower and thinks he is very credible.....

why don't he asks the question:
why no opp party raised the issue of lky having a mistress and illegitimate son????
ts claimed to have a reilable source...

Thank god you are giving your mother a break. Her asshole sore or not?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I said before but I need to repeat, oppo are only out to reap money, after that hide in tortoise shell. Sinkieland is a gone case.

Even when the money was no good, they were still meek like hell, eg. Chiam See Tong. The last real oppo I saw, one that hated the PAP, was JBJ.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In a first-past-the-post electoral system, the main opposition party will almost always stay moderate and try to avoid rocking the boat. It is mathematics, not unique to WP.

The methods may vary, but the objective is common for WP and the other parties: to tear down the juggernaut called the PAP.

What tearing down have they done? What nethod are they using? Cowardice?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP representatives were at the Hong Lim Park yesterday to give their moral support:

Warning/Notice: These pictures are big in size :smile:

1270126_10202785139963763_5867525438031221255_o.jpg

1795144_10202785215165643_7963020694109523919_o.jpg

1891384_10202785289327497_4820449749313950897_o.jpg

10357659_10202785204285371_4536772401771562750_o.jpg

10386923_10202785314968138_6833312865632529396_o.jpg

10257293_10202785390970038_2307016162995801085_o.jpg

10382032_10152452273007453_3523406471351334337_o.jpg