• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Property for Investment in JB 2014/15

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the implementation of GST around the corner, houses expected to be more expensive next year. There are several properties in JB now worth for investment now but which is the best? Few good one are Seri Austin, Eco Spring/summer, BDO N15, Nusa sentral, Nusantara Prime, Desa Tebrau, Mutiara Rini, Tmn Pelangi Indah etc. Any advice and comment on this?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the implementation of GST around the corner, houses expected to be more expensive next year. There are several properties in JB now worth for investment now but which is the best? Few good one are Seri Austin, Eco Spring/summer, BDO N15, Nusa sentral, Nusantara Prime, Desa Tebrau, Mutiara Rini, Tmn Pelangi Indah etc. Any advice and comment on this?

Depends on MY or SG perspective, since SG can only buy > RM 1 million. For SG, probably some of the newly launched semi-d or clusters can be considered as gd buys, before the floor price is raised to RM 2 million. Besides those mentioned, I also like Tanah Sutera, Nusa Duta, Ponderosa, Senibong, Straits Views Residence and Sunway Lenang Heights developments, for proximity to amenities and causeway.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about malaysian? i am sure there are many malaysian working in singapore still wanting to own a property in JB. Not many malaysian can afford semi d and cluster. I see the trend that malaysian will grab terrace house even now above 600k. The funny think is malaysian now so desperate like buying Eco Summer terrace even without seeing the floor plan and show house. 600k above for terrace now is consider cheap for malaysian?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

they are all ok depending on the buyer. u maybe want to state your objective for asking? are you looking to invest? what kind of invest? flip? rental? buy for own stay? are you malaysian / SPR or singaproean? cos all these details help people to reply you. if you don't mind ulu tiram location, pelangi indah is actually good value. taman gaya also. you can even get a semidee (subsale) beautiful house facing lake in pelangi indah (but non g&g). these all are my opinion for own stay/own use. for flip, good luck, market soft. for rental, go buy shoplot or something, not house.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
all this opinions from this thread help me to make decision on investing which property in JB as i am a malaysian. I am looking for my 3rd property in JB but not in the hurry bcos i think the market is softening as seller seems more than buyers. Shoplot is out of question bcos my investment will be more for my kids future. I think nowadays the sentiment seems more like desperate buying b4 the GST.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
all this opinions from this thread help me to make decision on investing which property in JB as i am a malaysian. I am looking for my 3rd property in JB but not in the hurry bcos i think the market is softening as seller seems more than buyers. Shoplot is out of question bcos my investment will be more for my kids future. I think nowadays the sentiment seems more like desperate buying b4 the GST.

since you like BDO, go for the N15 lor. perling also not bad. if u want bigger and cheaper house, taman gaya cluster house pricing quite good.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
BDO is one of my interest but have to wait till the floor plan is out and the confirm pricing. I never buy without seeing the floor plan. Thanks for your advise on perling bcos the Dserambi house is good too. The pricing is on the high side. U know the cheapest unit cost how much? Tmn pelangi indah house is nice but location is too far in. Too much traffic jam there at tebrau road.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise on perling bcos the Dserambi house is good too. The pricing is on the high side. .

before cny is 7xxk. 24x80 house (big!). don't buy the last (back) row of dserambi. get middle of the precinct or nearer the entrance there. wat i like about perling is that it near to bukit indah, and also ez to go either 1st or 2nd link

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not the back row? Any problem? SEtia Eco Garden also nice but at bit too far from jb city and the available unit too near high tension cable. i am looking at any houses below 7xxk.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not the back row? Any problem? SEtia Eco Garden also nice but at bit too far from jb city and the available unit too near high tension cable. i am looking at any houses below 7xxk.

old shop / house very rundown behind last row. nothing bad, and there is a perimeter wall, but maybe a bit eyesore from the 2 back room upstair window :smile:

or why not subsale arte / belleza @ BI 7 , 8?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes ...sub sale in SEG is sale at affordable price. Seri Austin Jade seems interesting too. I also know that tmn impian emas is launching new houses too in september. Prices start from 630K. 22x75.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found a new trend now in JB that those who are staying in housing area that are not with G & G are selling their houses and moving to housing area with G & G. Many 2nd hand houses at Permas Jaya, Setia Indah, Tmn Pelangi Indah (without GnG) etc are advertised in propertyguru.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BDO houses look cheap, boring and only poor locals will buy. I heard a lot of people complain about the quality of building materials. What can u expect from Johor land which is local run? If one has good taste pls look at setia or Eco world houses.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
BDO houses look cheap, boring and only poor locals will buy. I heard a lot of people complain about the quality of building materials. What can u expect from Johor land which is local run? If one has good taste pls look at setia or Eco world houses.

bro, not true lei. got some singporean buy. my collegue singaprean malay bought one in p10 or p11 (sry can't recall).. corner lot 350k only. i felt BDO is not bad and jland is sultan company project. they manage to pull in aeon to set up there, and kpj, fairview, kfch. not bad la. anyway in future we all neighbors around there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looking for 3rd property? So where are the first 2 properties located? Mine are all in the Molek/Redang area.....hee

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso.....u can just ignore his comment la bcos this sissy guy just want to kacau this thread.

errr... u n vohskter want to have lovers' quarrel don't need to involve me :smile:
i only like to exchange data and opinion re housing and living in jb in as calm, pleasant, and unbiased as possible manner.
good luck with your 3rd property.
u can consider eco summer la. it should be quite nice. same as setia projects since tan sri already move over there. many people like eco concept these days. of course have to sacrifice a bit ie maybe price more ex or house smaller builtup. btw i think bdo next launch is 6xx K too and house is 20x70. summer is 20x80. impian emas oso 6xxk as you mention. around this location almost the same, depend one's preference only. if looking for <700k new house at this north jb side, more or less these are the choices.

Last edited: