• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Property for Investment in JB 2014/15

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you malpaso. i also wish to exchange opinion on housing and living in jb in as calm, pleasant, and unbiased manner. Just why i wont reply vohskter thread anymore.

It is incredible that all the smaller units of eco summer have been snap up in days. Now the bigger unit already >RM700K. Eco summer of 20x80 is good but the back lane 10ft is reserve for garden. As mention in earlier thread, cannot extend lor. If really want to extend must go through tedious process. Eco World is still untested. Not sure of its quality yet until their 1st house is built.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u look @ e fencing of e eco Botanic, roughly u know e standards of ecoworld. :smile:

Some ppl preferred strata housing, some dun.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the disadvantage having a strata titled landed house?

just curious, where / what are your two other props in jb? one is a bungalow, right? since you are seasoned prop investor already with a couple of props, why don't you enlighten us on disadvatage of strata title.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious, where / what are your two other props in jb? one is a bungalow, right? since you are seasoned prop investor already with a couple of props, why don't you enlighten us on disadvatage of strata title.

All my properties are individual title. They are all near JB town city. Just why not sure if houses with strata title have any disadvantage? There are case before, where owner do extension on a strata title land, end up caught by authority, and demolish the extension part.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For landed strata title, you will need to sign another Deed of Covenants which will say that you are not allow to do any external structure changes or even painting. It really depends on how well the management looks after the place. For those who are strict will probably force you to comply and they will definitely win in court. Nothing to do with local council. correct me if i am wrong.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
For landed strata title, you will need to sign another Deed of Covenants which will say that you are not allow to do any external structure changes or even painting. It really depends on how well the management looks after the place. For those who are strict will probably force you to comply and they will definitely win in court. Nothing to do with local council. correct me if i am wrong.....

In MY, for individual titles (G&G), most S&P will also contain a clause that you cant change colour. But no one cares and all just suka suka change. On your question of strata landed, in SG where pple are more kiasu, I think Singaporeans would prefer individual title to strata if they have a chance. The price of individual titles reflects that too in SG.

But in MY, if you are like me and would like to stay landed but with also facilities, then I think strata title is ok, provided you don't envision massive rebuilding of your own house. I was tempted by Straits View Residence (strata titled landed) which had gd worksmanship and great facilities, but eventually settled for a simple inter-terrace to lessen my commitment......haha

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise RedsYNWA. Eco Summer is on strata title bcos of the shared garden at the back lane. But many buyer in MY dont care the title status when they buy.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
All my properties are individual title. They are all near JB town city. Just why not sure if houses with strata title have any disadvantage? There are case before, where owner do extension on a strata title land, end up caught by authority, and demolish the extension part.

where is this case, where owner do extension, caught by authority, and force to demolish? can give details. i'm collecting data.

for strata title, is very clear. The strata title act pertains to legal framoework for SUBDIVISION of parcel to inidividual lot (called owner lot) and common property. The whole common property belong to all the owners of the taman, by share. Hence, there may be by law for the common property usage. Furthermore there may be by law that serve to ensure conformity of the outside facade of the buildings. if the bylaw state no revnoation, then everyone should comply. however the authority in this case is actually those in the JMB. it's not like being catch by polis kind of authority.

for my personal opinion -they are many benefit of strata title actually. it may seem strange at first for landed with strata, but there are enough pros to weigh against the cons. for me i like all building to look nice and neat. some renovation in those old taman i felt is very obiang. however, i understand some people still go ahead to renovate their property even though strata ttiled. it depend on how strong your JMB is, and whether the JMB support the law or intend to change the law. the "law" is in this case just liike local "condo" kind of by-law.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise RedsYNWA. Eco Summer is on strata title bcos of the shared garden at the back lane. But many buyer in MY dont care the title status when they buy.

correction. the 10 ft behind the house is part of owner individual plot. The other 10 ft garden walkway at the back between the two houses back garden is common property.

hope you also realized that buyer of strata titled property actually end up owning more land. Just to give you some benefit of strata titled.

because the road, park, landscape, swimming pool, clubhouse (if have) are all common property which belong to the owners of the precinct on which their strata titled prop sits on. the owners then form a committee and are responsible to manage the common grounds. these common property remain theirs forever (for freehold) .

for normal land title, all land outside owner individual plot ie. the road in front of the house is actually public road and the park, greens, landscape etc will be returned to the MBJB town council for upkeep.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish to share my view on landed properties with strata title. Anyway, i get this info from another property analyst from another forum.

Ecobotanic, for example, is a housing project selling landed properties with strata title. If you read about this project, you may find everything was sold out during its balloting day in September 2013. But if you dig deeper, only 285 units were sold. The total units are 624. And if not mistaken, bumi-lots are about 50 units. The rest is believed to be purchased by insiders (the developer and its staff).

Let's do the maths:

624 (total units) - 285 (sold to public) - 50 (bumi lots) = 289 (the developer and its staff)

So, about half is taken by the developer's side. This means they have the power to dominate Joint Management meetings. They can elect some of them to be committee members. They can retain their company to be the maintenance provider. They can later set high maintenance fees.

If you refuse to pay the maintenance fee, you can be fined and jailed. They can also sell your movable properties (like tv, fridge or car) to recover the outstanding debt.

Think twice if you plan to buy landed properties with strata title. If you have bought it just hope the developer is sincere one.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish to share my view on landed properties with strata title. Anyway, i get this info from another property analyst from another forum.

Ecobotanic, for example, is a housing project selling landed properties with strata title. If you read about this project, you may find everything was sold out during its balloting day in September 2013. But if you dig deeper, only 285 units were sold. The total units are 624. And if not mistaken, bumi-lots are about 50 units. The rest is believed to be purchased by insiders (the developer and its staff).

Let's do the maths:

624 (total units) - 285 (sold to public) - 50 (bumi lots) = 289 (the developer and its staff)

So, about half is taken by the developer's side. This means they have the power to dominate Joint Management meetings. They can elect some of them to be committee members. They can retain their company to be the maintenance provider. They can later set high maintenance fees. The staffs who purchased houses would not mind paying extra since the company will continue making money and perhaps they will get a higher pay and bonus.

If you refuse to pay the maintenance fee, you can be fined and jailed. They can also sell your movable properties (like tv, fridge or car) to recover the outstanding debt.

Think twice if you plan to buy landed properties with strata title!

personally i don't think it will be jail term for failing to pay maintenance la. aiyo, the way you say it, is like ecobotanic become nazi germany with Tan Sri being the dictator there. seriously, about 1998-2000 strata ttile landed g&g first show up in KL and is for those very exclusive houses. later on (as is normal for product life cycles) it trickle down to mass market. of course there are people who r unhappy with being forced to comply with this rule and that. but fyi, there are many who will think the disadvantage you mention is an advantage. For me, i would like all residents to follow the by law, such as not simply renovating until the whole row of houses become rojak like that, and i hate those who don't pay maintenance. if you read the many thread like senibong, LF, EL, HH you will also find many like minded ppl. in fact, tehy complain that people do renovation since it spoil the look of the houses.
everyting got advantage and disadvantage. cannot just blanket rule apply saying this good that no good etc.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i don't think it will be jail term for failing to pay maintenance la. aiyo, the way you say it, is like ecobotanic become nazi germany with Tan Sri being the dictator there. seriously, about 1998-2000 strata ttile landed g&g first show up in KL and is for those very exclusive houses. later on (as is normal for product life cycles) it trickle down to mass market. of course there are people who r unhappy with being forced to comply with this rule and that. but fyi, there are many who will think the disadvantage you mention is an advantage. For me, i would like all residents to follow the by law, such as not simply renovating until the whole row of houses become rojak like that, and i hate those who don't pay maintenance. if you read the many thread like senibong, LF, EL, HH you will also find many like minded ppl. in fact, tehy complain that people do renovation since it spoil the look of the houses.
everyting got advantage and disadvantage. cannot just blanket rule apply saying this good that no good etc.

I for one like my property to be among rows of well maintained and relatively uniformed units. Feel better to be in a neat environment.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I for one like my property to be among rows of well maintained and relatively uniformed units. Feel better to be in a neat environment.

yeah me too. but there are those who buy a corner unit with intention to massive renovate it. in which case they are better off buying a g&g with individual title, or those house where there is no 'condo type' by law or DMC. if they buy ecosummer for eg, they may felt very pissed off when the JMB tell them they cannot do renovation.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah me too. but there are those who buy a corner unit with intention to massive renovate it. in which case they are better off buying a g&g with individual title, or those house where there is no 'condo type' by law or DMC. if they buy ecosummer for eg, they may felt very pissed off when the JMB tell them they cannot do renovation.

Hahah......yes it is quite dangerous to buy besides a corner terrace. My friend bought near an Indian, who tore down the newly built house to build his dream Indian castle. My dad's friend recently tore down his HH bungalow to rebuild. But if bungalow, still not so bad..... If it's terrace house, then quite jialat....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahah......yes it is quite dangerous to buy besides a corner terrace. My friend bought near an Indian, who tore down the newly built house to build his dream Indian castle. My dad's friend recently tore down his HH bungalow to rebuild. But if bungalow, still not so bad..... If it's terrace house, then quite jialat....

hope my neighbour don't do that :o

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strata Title Act (Act 757) requires the participation of developer even after the property has been delivered. The owners are not at liberty to choose maintenance contractors which offer best value for money. This is a flaw of the Act. The Act was drafted by mainly consulting the developers, not owners of properties. Therefore, just be extra careful in buying strata title property. Many still prefer individual title property bcos not to burden by heavy maintenance fee. However, if you can afford RM400-RM500 a month.... than go ahead and buy. Remember...high maintenance fee also does not guarantee good service.