• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Property for Investment in JB 2014/15

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i don't think it will be jail term for failing to pay maintenance la. aiyo, the way you say it, is like ecobotanic become nazi germany with Tan Sri being the dictator there. seriously, about 1998-2000 strata ttile landed g&g first show up in KL and is for those very exclusive houses. later on (as is normal for product life cycles) it trickle down to mass market. of course there are people who r unhappy with being forced to comply with this rule and that. but fyi, there are many who will think the disadvantage you mention is an advantage. For me, i would like all residents to follow the by law, such as not simply renovating until the whole row of houses become rojak like that, and i hate those who don't pay maintenance. if you read the many thread like senibong, LF, EL, HH you will also find many like minded ppl. in fact, tehy complain that people do renovation since it spoil the look of the houses.
everyting got advantage and disadvantage. cannot just blanket rule apply saying this good that no good etc.

I apologize for using the word jail term. I agree is too heavy for this. Anyway.....my advice is the same. Careful when choosing one strata title property (landed). Keep an eye of the developer. Last time, condos have lots of issues. For landed, you will have more rights owning an individual title than owning strata title. But if choose the one with strata title, becareful.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I apologize for using the word jail term. I agree is too heavy for this. Anyway.....my advice is the same. Careful when choosing one strata title property (landed). Keep an eye of the developer. Last time, condos have lots of issues. For landed, you will have more rights owning an individual title than owning strata title. But if choose the one with strata title, becareful.

I don't think many buyers actually care until they sell their houses. To me they are the same, and it is probably just some extra work for the lawyer to settle any problem for me. Location and aspects of the physical house are more important considerations for me. Stata or non-strata is the least worry unless I'm buying with the aim to tear down or do major modification to the house.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your house is big and spacious,definitely you dont need to renovated to make more space. However, for those who are buying EcoSummer, which such a small built up 1700sqft, owner will be frustrated later for not able to fully use the 20x80ft land. Cant even put up an awning.... That is reality check.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smaller unit of summer are sold out but there are still many units left for bigger unit. around 2300sqft with the price tag around RM778K. correct me if i am wrong. At the current trend...any terrace houses in tebrau below RM700K will sell like hot cake. Any above RM700K will be slow moving.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Currently as we are entering end period of 2014, we can see an enormous oversupply of condo units and with increase in BLR, impending toll hikes and VEP wars between two govts, it seems buying condo units is a very, very bad choice. With the heavy advertising of Rn F condos in Singapore media, it is giving sg people false impression this is a worthy investment. but if you read the latest announcement in their poorly crafted website http://rftanjungputeri.com/, it seems that this China developer with dubious reputation is borderlining False Selling.. Buy if you must at your own peril.. However, there are still many unscrupulous salesman outside there who keep telling potential buyers to part away with their hard earned money to buy this property which reeks of poor reputation and now that even if you have money, you cannot buy the property cos they are not allowed to sell you.

When can you buy? Nobody knows.. When will your condo unit be completed? They too cannot tell you.. Buy at your own peril..Pls do your own research before investing your hard earned money on foreign developer without proven track records in malaysia.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi is that "poorly crafted website" their official website??? I was surprised and cant believe that a 5-star giant developer from China has such a low-class website.

I believe it might be the works of trolls

Currently as we are entering end period of 2014, we can see an enormous oversupply of condo units and with increase in BLR, impending toll hikes and VEP wars between two govts, it seems buying condo units is a very, very bad choice. With the heavy advertising of Rn F condos in Singapore media, it is giving sg people false impression this is a worthy investment. but if you read the latest announcement in their poorly crafted website http://rftanjungputeri.com/, it seems that this China developer with dubious reputation is borderlining False Selling.. Buy if you must at your own peril.. However, there are still many unscrupulous salesman outside there who keep telling potential buyers to part away with their hard earned money to buy this property which reeks of poor reputation and now that even if you have money, you cannot buy the property cos they are not allowed to sell you.

When can you buy? Nobody knows.. When will your condo unit be completed? They too cannot tell you.. Buy at your own peril..Pls do your own research before investing your hard earned money on foreign developer without proven track records in malaysia.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many R&F units have you bought, since you keep crowing about it???

That is what a lot of KL people say 10 years ago. Now these people really havent buy anything yet bcos they suddenly found themselves cannot afford any of the houses now....and still praying for a crash in KL.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some project in JB have thousands and thousands of units.

Renting them out will be tough. But capital appreciation can be achieve if enter early.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strata Title Act (Act 757) requires the participation of developer even after the property has been delivered. The owners are not at liberty to choose maintenance contractors which offer best value for money. This is a flaw of the Act. The Act was drafted by mainly consulting the developers, not owners of properties. Therefore, just be extra careful in buying strata title property. Many still prefer individual title property bcos not to burden by heavy maintenance fee. However, if you can afford RM400-RM500 a month.... than go ahead and buy. Remember...high maintenance fee also does not guarantee good service.

I think for landed strata, the developer would only form the management committee and help run the property initially.
They would subsequently organize the residents to form their own committee to take over.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed strata (of Gated Community) has exclusive facilities but individual title (Guarded Neighbourhood) typically do not have. If they have, it is not exclusive to residents.

IMHO, Landed Strata GC would have more security than individual title. Because, by law, GN do not have the right to fence up the whole project nor to prevent anyone from entering the premises.
See attached FAQ I found sometime back.

Attachments

• faq-gated.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 1,089

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think for landed strata, the developer would only form the management committee and help run the property initially.
They would subsequently organize the residents to form their own committee to take over.

landed strata is a residential product of the future. you'll see this kind of housing become more and more popular in the years ahead (it is the situation in KL now, JB will catch up in a few years). this scheme is needed in malaysia due to generally poor maintenance provided by town councils, and also security issue. Once JMB is formed and all the units have been sold to private buyers, the strata precinct is handed over to the rsidents to take over and manage ourselves.

morever, strata titled precinct also means that proper private facilities can be built on the common grounds itself, and the whole parcel of land where your house sits on is held privately in share between all the owners of the individual lots. if one doesn't mind paying a few hundred a month for a clean, better maintained and secured grounds, coupled with private facilities, then strata landed is the way to go.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
strata title act (318). clause 34.1 (a) and (b). strata title owner own the parcel, as well as are co owners of common property.

http://www.hba.org.my/laws/Strata/2007/ACT318 (2007).htm#34.**Rights of proprietor in his parcel and common property.

34. Rights of proprietor in his parcel and common property.
(1) Subject to this section and other provisions of this Act, a proprietor shall have-

(a) in relation to his parcel (in the case of a parcel proprietor) the powers conferred by the National Land Code on a proprietor in relation to his land; and
(b) in relation to the common property, the right of user which he would have if he and the other proprietors were co-proprietors thereof.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word "co owner" really sound good but in reality, means is not yours! You own the land with hundred others that you dont even know! Joke right? In layman term...co-own means you dont own it yourself. Example, eco summer Milton type and others, have 10 feet back yard but owner simply cannot do any extension. Is simply a waste.... you have 20x80 land but in actual fact is only 20x70. Totally a waste. So that is more or lesser ownership?

i think you're a traditional guy who cannot accept new scheme. of course in every community there is a common understanding among owners that certain law is set up to maintain peace and order. i can tell you i don't really like those who any how renovate their house until looks so ugly and spoil the look of the whole row by painting the house pink or maroon. however, as a community, all of us owners can sit down and decide (once we take over the precinct) to make changes to the bylaw, including allowing renovation. also, already many time i mention to you, it's not that we are not allowed to make extension, we can. We have to apply to the JMB and submit plan for the renovation (ie subject to approval). of course in the first few year before developer hand over the precinct to owners, they will likely not allow, especially for major renovation that change the facade of the building. this is for development and marketing reason.

the word co owner is exactly that. you and hundred others own all the common property. it means other than all the co owners , others (outsider) have no rights to come in or use the common property or facilities (unless invited by residents, of course). unless i am a billionaire and can afford to buy 50 acre of land and build my own ranch and swimming pool, strata landed is the only option open to me.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Hello

I am out of Singapore and want to buy property here... can anyone guide me about some good locations which are attractive for tourists. Because I planned to rent out the property, in other words it will be a investment. Currently I have no information about Singapore market and prices. Please if anyone can guide. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.