• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FIRED from Temasek-owned company for supporting oppo on FB

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 Jun 2014 - 4:32pm

I was terminated from a company owned by Temasek Holdings on 05 June 2014.

An anonymous person tipped off my company about me posting remarks on Facebook which they deemed to be detrimental to the company.

However, the AVP of the company said in an earlier meeting with me, that the company was concerned about some remarks which I have posted on your FB page which suggested that I support the opposition instead of the ruling party. (the person who tipped them off also informed them of this).He requested that I stop posting comments on your subjects which can put the ruling party in a bad light. He further suggested that the company is concerned that these remarks would make the company look bad as I am employed by the company. I did not know then that the company I used to work for is owned by Temasek Holdings, until after I heard from a taxi driver and I confirmed it with my AVP.

I am a good employee with no previous record of misconduct and I have received numerous letters of commendation and awards for good service with the company, and yet I was immedately terminated with no warning or notice.

I know Temasek Holdings is owned by LHL's wife, but are all employees of companies owned by Temasek Holdings have to support the ruling party headed by the Husband? Isn't Singapore supposed to be a democratic society where we vote for our leaders? Our political views should not be an issue no matter where or who we work for, right? Or am I mistaken and that we are being controlled as well?

Is anyone else being discriminated by their company for their political views as well?

I have already filed a complaint with Ministry of Manpower and do not intend to drop this matter until I am given a satisfactory answer for this discrimination and unfair dismissal.

Regards

Margaret Kan

http://therealsingapore.com/content...cause-i-showed-my-support-opposition-facebook

Are you surfing from work? Beware.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people claim that there is no climate of fear in Spore. If you have been around a while, you will hear many such stories.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would stay away from surfing Facebook at work. Not even on your phone or tablet.

In fact, I would totally stay away from Facebook. Even Linkedin is prone to employer-employee spying. Stay away from them all.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAPIB very hardworking these days.

Not really a PAP IB, more like a backstabber at the workplace who found the long-awaited chance to get rid of his/her career rival. :wink:

These kind of people usually smile smile a lot in front of you.

Conversely, those who are strict and fierce and seemingly anti-social are the ones who will readily assist you when you have problems.

One of the ironies in life.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This could be a fake story,,,designed to promote the climate of fear. However in general, do not use facebook etc etc,,and keep out of social media unless u know how to control it, if not u are dead meat,,,,

Some people claim that there is no climate of fear in Spore. If you have been around a while, you will hear many such stories.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Temasek Holdings is owned by LHL's wife, but are all employees of companies owned by Temasek Holdings have to support the ruling party headed by the Husband?

With this kind of thinking, she deserved to be fired. Don't even know that temasick belongs to the people, not the action party or their spouse.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did not know then that the company I used to work for is owned by Temasek Holdings, until after I heard from a taxi driver and I confirmed it with my AVP.

Margaret Kan is not very street smart, isn't she? Neber do her recce, neber cover her backside. Now kena enemy ambush.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If what she say is true...PAP has really let Singapore down...sad day indeed...

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, the AVP of the company said in an earlier meeting with me, that the company was concerned about some remarks which I have posted on your FB page which suggested that I support the opposition instead of the ruling party. (the person who tipped them off also informed them of this).He requested that I stop posting comments on your subjects which can put the ruling party in a bad light. He further suggested that the company is concerned that these remarks would make the company look bad as I am employed by the company. I did not know then that the company I used to work for is owned by Temasek Holdings, until after I heard from a taxi driver and I confirmed it with my AVP.

Bullshit article. Temasek Holdings own Singtel and SIA, U mean everyone in this 2 companies are PAP supporters? Please. Only retards will believe this is real

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This could be a fake story,,,designed to promote the climate of fear. However in general, do not use facebook etc etc,,and keep out of social media unless u know how to control it, if not u are dead meat,,,,

One has to especially be careful if working for a GLC.

In those companies there are many willing to backstab people to get ahead. They may not be true PAP supporters but are simply oppurtunists.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't fall for the do-not-use-facebook bullshit.. It is Facebook that tell us all the shit PAP has and enlightened everyone. The PAP is afraid of Facebook, blog and Internet media.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't fall for the do-not-use-facebook bullshit.. It is Facebook that tell us all the shit PAP has and enlightened everyone. The PAP is afraid of Facebook, blog and Internet media.

Facebook may be a good source of information, but offering your personal details to the rest of the world is just not a very smart thing to do. This goes beyond PAP and Singapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Facebook may be a good source of information, but offering your personal details to the rest of the world is just not a very smart thing to do. This goes beyond PAP and Singapore.

You don't have to key in any personal information.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...it is amazing that there are idiots who still think that you will be victimised for supporting opps...

1. Your vote is secret....if you don't want to show open support...u can still vote the opps on polling day without any fear.
2. Unless u are a civil servant, u can join any political party and campaign openly for the party.....SL, PT are examples....
In this regard, PA (stat board) staff is also free to support/campaign for any political party
3. if you want to spout nonsense, then it doesn't matter whether u are opps/papees/blogger/activists, u have to answer for your words.

Last edited: