• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This ang moh only care about his own problem

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He quit SG to live in Johor, yet still want to be able to reach Raffles Place in 45 minutes.

Chaotic commute ruining Iskandar dream

TWO years ago, I moved my family from Singapore to Nusajaya, Johor. This improved our standard of living and allowed us to have the kind of lifestyle we could never afford in Singapore.

Even the daily commute to Singapore was of little problem. I could leave my home at 8am and be at my office in Raffles Place by 8.45am.

This changed three months ago. Following the security breaches at Woodlands Checkpoint and the subsequent tightening of checks by the Singapore authorities, the checkpoint in Tuas has been left in chaos.

A commute that used to take 45 minutes can now take from 11/2 hours to three hours, as many motorists seem to have diverted their route from Woodlands to Tuas.

In all fairness, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers in Tuas are trying new measures to ease traffic, but their efforts have been overwhelmed by the sheer number of vehicles.

The Iskandar project is of vital importance to the long-term success of not just Malaysia but also Singapore. But since it was started, nothing has been done to improve transport links to Singapore.

There is no plan for additional transit links until 2019 at the earliest, when the Johor rapid transit system will be completed.

If nothing is done to improve transport links soon, the Iskandar project will fall flat on its face long before any mass transit system reaches Johor. Some people are already looking to sell their properties and return to Singapore.

There are several solutions that can be enacted relatively quickly.

A ferry terminal was opened in Puteri Harbour last year, but not a single ferry to Singapore operates from it. Commuter ferry services between Puteri Harbour and HarbourFront could make a difference, although the advertised journey time of 11/2 hours is far from ideal.

A small Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex near Raffles Marina could allow for a water taxi service linking up with the Tuas MRT extension, or even just a bus and taxi stand to get people into the city.

Perhaps the simplest solution is to deploy more passport officers on both sides of the border. A few more passport control booths open earlier in the morning could make the morning commute far more bearable.

If funding is an issue, the tolls could be increased. I think most Iskandar residents would be willing to pay a bit more for a shorter morning commute.

Simon James

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need all the expensive transport links, third link etc. just make sure all the booths are manned and fully open will solve the problem, I notice almost always the booths are never fully opened and therefore the checkpoints are never operating at the capacity they were designed to, so there, simple solution not even being implemented.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed let us tear down the toll booths so that all and sundry can enter and leave sg as they please. Can Simon tell us where his car is being registered? Another bloodsucking malaysian asking the PAP to bend over for them.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He quit SG to live in Johor, yet still want to be able to reach Raffles Place in 45 minutes.

Chaotic commute ruining Iskandar dream

TWO years ago, I moved my family from Singapore to Nusajaya, Johor. This improved our standard of living and allowed us to have the kind of lifestyle we could never afford in Singapore.

Even the daily commute to Singapore was of little problem. I could leave my home at 8am and be at my office in Raffles Place by 8.45am.

This changed three months ago. Following the security breaches at Woodlands Checkpoint and the subsequent tightening of checks by the Singapore authorities, the checkpoint in Tuas has been left in chaos.

A commute that used to take 45 minutes can now take from 11/2 hours to three hours, as many motorists seem to have diverted their route from Woodlands to Tuas.

In all fairness, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers in Tuas are trying new measures to ease traffic, but their efforts have been overwhelmed by the sheer number of vehicles.

The Iskandar project is of vital importance to the long-term success of not just Malaysia but also Singapore. But since it was started, nothing has been done to improve transport links to Singapore.

There is no plan for additional transit links until 2019 at the earliest, when the Johor rapid transit system will be completed.

If nothing is done to improve transport links soon, the Iskandar project will fall flat on its face long before any mass transit system reaches Johor. Some people are already looking to sell their properties and return to Singapore.

There are several solutions that can be enacted relatively quickly.

A ferry terminal was opened in Puteri Harbour last year, but not a single ferry to Singapore operates from it. Commuter ferry services between Puteri Harbour and HarbourFront could make a difference, although the advertised journey time of 11/2 hours is far from ideal.

A small Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex near Raffles Marina could allow for a water taxi service linking up with the Tuas MRT extension, or even just a bus and taxi stand to get people into the city.

Perhaps the simplest solution is to deploy more passport officers on both sides of the border. A few more passport control booths open earlier in the morning could make the morning commute far more bearable.

If funding is an issue, the tolls could be increased. I think most Iskandar residents would be willing to pay a bit more for a shorter morning commute.

Simon James

This Ang Mo sure knows how to leverage advantage of living in JB and working in Singapore. Enjoy JB cost of living with Singapore salary. Enjoy JB open space instead of congested Singapore. Too bad our MIW screw this up for him!!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore boh chap what happens in Mudland. Mudland's failures are often celebrated quietly by the PAP.

Sori ..Mr. Ang...This is not the type PM LHL looking to import .
He is looking for 6 more billionaires..and your commuting problems is his least concern..

U are just not his type...as you are not those who can help him with his growth target.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid angmor want the best of both worlds. Wait long long la.

Why don't he move to Cambodia where the standard of living is lower?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't blame the ang moh. He is just like any human fighting for survival. The real culprits who allow such FTrash to leech on SGs are the FAP Traitors and their 60.1% gongkias diehard supporters.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blame the ang moh. He is just like any human fighting for survival. The real culprits who allow such FTrash to leech on SGs are the FAP Traitors and their 60.1% gongkias diehard supporters.

But seriously! What does he expect from the PAP govt? Invest in mudland all the necessary infrastructure? Choose to stay in a shit hole, then learn to live among shit in shit hole!

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Ang Moh also live in Mudlaysia now? Or is he Eurasian?

Have you been living in a cave? MAny ang mohs, singaporeans, Malaysians have moved to JB to take advantage of cheap accommodation there yet earn S$ . Well, it makes economic sense doesn't it?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were staying in Malaysia, commuting to Singapore would be the last thing on my mind. Why would I want to squeeze with the others, get stuck on the Causeway and travel back to this overcrowded shithole?

All I would do is maybe come back once in a while for a weekend visit, that's all.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
why he just find work in johor, problem solved. WHAT ? WANTS TO BE PAID EQUIVALENT IN SINKIELAND ?

"which school you come from? "