• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If the internet was around during JB Jeyaretnam's time...

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seeing how the community rallied round Roy Ngerng and donated $70,000 to him in four days....if the internet was around during JB Jeyaretnam's time, and if Old Man had sued JB Jeyaretnam for defamation and for plenty of $$$ in damages, I wonder how much JB Jeyaretnam could have raised from the internet for legal fees to defend himself, and for money to pay the damages.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ wont get a cent from netizens he initiated the law suit.

He was ex-judge and was fed up with his promotions and leave the job to start an opposition party.

In a GE rally expect smoked and fire to be thrown at you in election time but he intimidated PAP and start the legal proceeding.

Stupid Ah Neh are like that, a bit of power and know the law think he is superman and do as he please.

This stupid Ah Neh join politic for his own selfish means, no passion to serve the people but for his own agenda.

Lawyer so what and a judge so what?

Seeing how the community rallied round Roy Ngerng and donated $70,000 to him in four days....if the internet was around during JB Jeyaretnam's time, and if Old Man had sued JB Jeyaretnam for defamation and for plenty of $$$ in damages, I wonder how much JB Jeyaretnam could have raised from the internet for legal fees to defend himself, and for money to pay the damages.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ did win 1 lawsuit against the gahmen. but he got overconfident and kena bankrupt. but those were different times, when even opposition sympathisers would vote pappies because they weren't desperate enough for change.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....JBJ's case is classic.....
his 2 sons can easily help him paid up the amount owned by him (or they are expecting public donation???) from day 1....
best part was i believed he cleared his bankruptcy just before he died....
what a messed-up case and those missed chances to stand for elections......
of course it is papee's fault that the sons did not want to help his father.....

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....JBJ's case is classic.....
his 2 sons can easily help him paid up the amount owned by him (or they are expecting public donation???) from day 1....
best part was i believed he cleared his bankruptcy just before he died....
what a messed-up case and those missed chances to stand for elections......
of course it is papee's fault that the sons did not want to help his father.....

both of his sons were outside of singapore before he declared bankruptacy. i suspect his sons may have asked him to just quit n leave singapore with them.

hammer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to say, how much did JBJ need? a few hundred thousand? Roy raised $70,000. Assuming these are the same people that donate to Roy, would have donated to JBJ as well, JBJ could raise only about something under $100,000 which is not enough for him?

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very doubtful that JBJ would have raised much from crowd-funding simply because, although many people sympathised with him, they had also grown weary and tired that he was constantly getting into legal difficulties.