• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dental Charges and Procedures in Singapore

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just visited the Dentist in Pattaya & found out the following costs:

Scaling 600 Baht Sin$24
Small filling 700 baht sing$28
Root canal. 7,000 to 8,000 baht depending on type of tooth being treated $280 to $320

I'm using a conversion rate of 25 baht/ 1 sing$ but you can now get 29 to 30 baht for each sing$. Especially if you have large Spore bills like $1,000

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Scaling 600 Baht Sin$24
Root canal. 7,000 to 8,000 baht depending on type of tooth being treated $280 to $320

I'm using a conversion rate of 25 baht/ 1 sing$ but you can now get 29 to 30 baht for each sing$. Especially if you have large Spore bills like $1,000

I get my dental work done free, my nephew is a dentist. hehehhehe

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
a fren of mine did a bridge wtith Tah Ching in Changi Rd......... Dr Chen, a female dental clinic owner who charged an arm and a leg which is okay but it broke by iteself under seven years. She claimed it is normal which was not what she said before the series of procedures. She refused compensation or refund until taken to court.............avoid this clinic which also do NOT issue receipt or accept credit card or cheque and prefer cash......... something fishy Will IRAS investigate???????????? This dentist is loaded

HotTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prior to using an electric tooth brush & water irrigator, I only used a manual toothbrush & dental floss but the results were not that good.
It all changed when I got an electric tooth brush & a water irrigator.

If only I had done it sooner, I could have avoided many of the painful problems.
Do you still need to floss after using water irrigator? Sold in pharmancy?
My teeth are all very close and not much gap. Will stuck food come out ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scaling 600 Baht Sin$24

Johnny, where did you buy your water irrigator ? I went to Unity and Guardian they don't sell such stuff.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you still need to floss after using water irrigator? Sold in pharmancy?
My teeth are all very close and not much gap. Will stuck food come out ?

Previously I would Have said that an electric tooth brush & water is adequate, but since my visit to the Dentist cavities were found. So I will also start using flossing.

Using a water irrigator is not only to flush out the food stuck between teeth. It is also used to clean food that is stuck in the gum line. When you 1st use a water irrigator you'll see what I mean when you see the food residue that is flushed out.

You can also add things to the water reservoir tank of the water irrigator that will help fight cavities.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, where did you buy your water irrigator ? I went to Unity and Guardian they don't sell such stuff.

Refer to my previous post .

For the water pik brand you can find them at Handyfix at Novena, next to Cold Storage. Also seen them at Takashymia.

You can find a Korean product from Song Cho.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
$95 for colored filling considers normal or over charge? Is there anywhere to charge standard dentist charges?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw an article posted earlier on the high cost of dental charges in Singapore, even for "subsidized" case.
What would be the cost of say, doing a root canal, with crowning. Understand it would cost between 1500 to 3000.

The thought is that sometimes these "between", the gap is too big. almost 100% (for 1500 to 3000)
Nevertheless, I always think it's too late to do a root canal and crown the teeth, as the tooth has decay very badly and needs a root canal. Even after doing root canal, the integrity of the tooth structure is not really very good to do crowning.

Just my thoughts there and understand from my friend that does this it cost him S$1800 for the whole procedure. (He went to a private clinic)
S$1800 just to do a teeth, is it very expensive?. I think it is if you ask me.

& the joke is most dental surgery are tax evaders////////// wants to be paid only in cash and will issue receipt when asked; even so who is there to say the evaders use two books?? no wonder these are super rich bastards.................. AVOID TAH CHONG DR CHEN DENTAL SURGERY IN CHANGI ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most dentists don't like to do root canal, either because they don't know how to do it or they couldn't afford the machine.

Most dentists love to extract your tooth. Why ? It's the money from the implant that they are after.

Once you tooth is extracted, the time bomb starts ticking as you need to do the implant before your bone recedes until no bone to do the implant.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most dentists don't like to do root canal, either because they don't know how to do it or they couldn't afford the machine.

Most dentists love to extract your tooth. Why ? It's the money from the implant that they are after.

Once you tooth is extracted, the time bomb starts ticking as you need to do the implant before your bone recedes until no bone to do the implant.

There is a procedure to prevent bone loss after tooth extraction, but so far, I have not come across a dentist in Singapore using this method or know this method which is effective in preventing more expensive procedures in future if you have bone loss.

Tooth Extraction and Socket Preservation
[video=youtube;_CzEAsQEJeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzEAsQEJeg[/video]

Tooth extraction Socket preservation orlando, bone graft mt. dora, the villages oral surgery apopka
[video=youtube;XEzPrm6ZMRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzPrm6ZMRM[/video]

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without socket preservation done immediately after tooth extraction, you will need a more complicated(and expensive) bone graft surgery later on if you have bone loss.

What is a dental bone graft?
[video=youtube;956l-T9CMX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=956l-T9CMX0[/video]