• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Interesting Bond issues

“We are seeing growing retail investor interest in fixed-income products, for example, plain vanilla corporate bonds,” Ravi Menon, managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore said at a press conference last week.

At the moment, the public can buy retail bonds listed on the Singapore stock exchange or bonds sold in a specified retail offering. But public offerings are costly and time-consuming to execute, as they involve preparing a separate prospectus, so few of these bonds exist.

Retail investors have also traditionally preferred stocks. However, this is starting to change with the appearance of corporate bonds with yields of 4% to 5% for two-year or three-year terms. Those yields are far more attractive than fixed deposit bank rates of near zero or two-year Singapore government bonds, for example, which are yielded only 0.4% on average in 2014.

MAS’s goal is to improve transparency so retail investors can easily understand how the securities work. The central bank will also examine how disclosure requirements can be streamlined to satisfy certain criteria, such as issue size or the track record of the issuer, to increase the range of issues that are eligible for retail participation.

Should MAS introduce a new framework for retail bonds, one of the first retail issuers is likely to be Temasek Holdings , the government fund, which has eyed a retail bond for some time.

http://www.ifrasia.com/singapore-in-retail-bond-push/21157142.article

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I got some high yield (risky?)bonds as well.. Hope they will survive the current market correction!

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good thread...

Thank you Good brother.
image.php

please don't change your avatar. Everytime RUN see your post (with this photo), RUN always buaytahan.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro Run,

I do not have $250K. Any Corporate S$ Bonds to recommend that has lot size < S$250K?

Preferably SGD denominated Bonds, yield 3% to 5%. I can keep up to 10 years.

Thanks.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Run,

I do not have $250K. Any Corporate S$ Bonds to recommend that has lot size < S$250K?

Thanks.

250k I have. Problem is I don have bank RM.
Also have to pay 1% commission.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Run,

Thanks.

brother 3-5% target is very very reasonable.

First of all, you must recognize that bond is just part of the journey. We don't really invest in bonds forever, eg. more than 5 to 10 years. As explained in the earlier replies in this thread, bonds from good companies, just happened to be ultra-suitable for the current economic climate. When the opportunities come, we must switch to cheap equities or properties. If you hold a long-term bond, the prices might be below $100-par when you want to exit two years later to buy other assets. Therefore, i encourage you to look at short-term bonds from safe issuers (eg. 2-3 years duration)

I suspect upcoming temasek bonds or bank covered bonds will be between 2.5% (CPF-OA) to 4% (CPF-SA) yield. You might wish to wait for new issues.

Have a good weekend and i appeal to you to keep the same avatar picture as long as possible. :biggrin:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

250k I have. Problem is I don have bank RM.
Also have to pay 1% commission.

Brother, if you are really interested, any bank branch RM to assist you when you walk in to ask them. Please note that commission for buying secondary bond is usually 0.20 to 0.30 per $100-par. Anything above 0.30 is a rip-off. It should not be 1%. You may wish to check with 2-3 different banks. Sometimes, commission is as low as 0.15 to 0.25 if you are switching bonds (buy A, Sell B) = bank make both ways. You also need pay $10+ for CDP transfer fee for each transaction.

Eg. if bond price is 99, you pay 99.3
if bond price is 101, you pay 101.3

I am not a professional, these are just my 2 cents. Please find out more from the professionals.
But no matter what, if you are really buying, please only choose the safest bets because the end is near.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

brother 3-5% target is very very reasonable.

First of all, you must recognize that bond is just part of the journey. We don't really invest in bonds forever, eg. more than 5 to 10 years. As explained in the earlier replies in this thread, bonds from good companies, just happened to be ultra-suitable for the current economic climate. When the opportunities come, we must switch to cheap equities or properties. If you hold a long-term bond, the prices might be below $100-par when you want to exit two years later to buy other assets. Therefore, i encourage you to look at short-term bonds from safe issuers (eg. 2-3 years duration)

I suspect upcoming temasek bonds or bank covered bonds will be between 2.5% (CPF-OA) to 4% (CPF-SA) yield. You might wish to wait for new issues.

Have a good weekend and i appeal to you to keep the same avatar picture as long as possible. :biggrin:

Brother thanks for the advice. I diversify by investing in equities including Penny stocks and Blue Clips and some in FD. I am looking for Bonds but have not found any.

Where to find sub $100K Bonds?

When is Temasek issuing those Covered Bonds?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where to find sub $100K Bonds?

When is Temasek issuing those Covered Bonds?

Good brother, I wish to list down your options for retail bonds (smaller denominations) to avoid confusion.
Option 1: Temasek Bonds, not listed yet
Option 2: Covered Bonds issued by banks (new concept + relatively safe), not listed yet
Option 3: Existing listed bonds sg. bank preference shares, hyflux, capitalmall trust, capmall Asia. You can find them listed on SGX.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even China's famous high-class developer Country Garden issues (junk) bonds at >10% yields.
http://www.poems.com.hk/en-us/product-and-service/bonds/price
COUNTRY GARDEN HLDG CO 02/23/18 - 11.125%
COUNTRY GARDEN HLDG CO 09/10/14 - 11.75%
COUNTRY GARDEN HLDG CO 08/11/15 - 10.5%
COUNTRY GARDEN HLDG CO 04/22/17 - 11.25%

maxresdefault.jpg

market whisper:
Danga Bay's piling companies going slow as they are chasing after dues from developers.