• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hyflux's upcoming 6% might have soaked some fair bit of liquidity from bond market.

After 25th May, we should see some a few other other SGD bonds from locally-listed companies, offering 4-6%pa (my speculation) in the month ahead, eg. Valuemax, GSH or United Engineers, depending on their bond duration.

market whisper: united engineers looking to launch 5years bond at indicative (not confirmed) 3.8%pa
minimum application: $250000 a lot

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mapletree logistics trust and United engineering bond better than Hyflux perpetual bond.

United Engineers priced the plain vanilla at 3.68%.
Current Hyflux's plain vanilla bonds are trading between 3-4% yield in secondary market
So both are quite close in risk-pricing.
I assume if United Engineer launches perpetual bonds, they need to price near 6% too.

Of course Mapletree is much better being Temasek-linked. They intend to price the upcoming perpetual at 4.18%, which means that if they launch plain vanilla bond like United Engineers, the coupon could be much lower than 3.68%.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPECIAL COVERAGE: Hyflux 6% Perpetual Bonds

Hyflux raises offer size of perpetual securities to S$500m on strong demand
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com...erpetual-securities-to-s500m-on-strong-demand

STRONG support for the retail offering of Hyflux's 6 per cent perpetual securities has caused the firm to increase the total issue size from S$300 million to S$500 million.

The public offer and the placement to institutional and other investors had opened for subscription at 9am on May 18. The placement was subscribed more than four times its original size of S$50 million, leading the firm to re-allocate S$115 million from the public offer to the placement.

Similarly, the public offer received about S$368 million worth of valid applications, more than three times the leftover amount of S$115 million. The firm therefore increased the public offer issue size to S$329 million, including the re-allocation of about S$14 million from the reserve offer allocated for directors, management and employees of the Hyflux group.

All in, the total size of S$500 million comprises S$329 million under the public offer, S$165 million under the placement and S$6 million under the reserve offer.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
High risk high return.

The company set one of the highest target for retail bonds. announcing their $500m upsize intention from the beginning. It is embarrassing if they get stuck at $300m level. It goes to show that there are still money chasing reputed issuers. Prior to Hyflux, recent retail bond issuers boasted about their popularity and upsized their offerings to $100m to $300m level.

According to SGX disclosure, Ms Olivia Lum and 6 other directors took part of the portion reserved for employees and directors. Ms Lum took up $1 million.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From a Dow Jones weekly financial "newspaper", Buttock's, dated 23rd May 2016 and selling for only US$5 per issue:

Testicle Motors (TSLA) said Godman Sucks would be one of the lead book runners on its $2 billion secondary offering, hours after Godman analysts upgraded the stock and predicted the company would need to raise $1 billion to finance its expansion. Secondary offerings aren't subject to the same blackout periods preventing investment banks from issuing research on a stock during an IPO, but the timing was very close. Godman Sucks said its research is independent.

Yeah Right! And I was born yesterday :oIo:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hyflux has upsized to 500mil and can now redeem their previous perp callable in 2018. Here is the statement by Hyflux. image-702152.png
If the old perp is below $101, I do think it's a good deal to buy in because you are assured 5.yy% over 2 year period. I will be monitoring the old perp and park my money there once it hit $101

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the old perp is below $101, I do think it's a good deal to buy in because you are assured 5.yy% over 2 year period. I will be monitoring the old perp and park my money there once it hit $101

Good point. The new 6% caused a selldown in the old 6% which increased the yield from 3.5% to 5% now, based on first Call Date.