• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are very right. Ocbc drop back to 9.66

I should listen yours advice. Sell above 9.77

Btw. I didn monitor closely. Just have some free time then log in account to check check my share...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are very right. Ocbc drop back to 9.66

I should listen yours advice. Sell above 9.77

Btw. I didn monitor closely. Just have some free time then log in account to check check my share...

aiyah no big deal for u lah. $9.77 drop to $9.66 is only 1.1%. kachang puteh for you :smile:

people said RUN that yesterday's opportunity was because OCBC did a share buyback from public market. Of course, this was a rumour, so i could only tell u to act (yesterday) and cannot give u the reasons because they are not verified.

Very contradicting, issue rights and continue to buy-back shares.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah no big deal for u lah. $9.77 drop to $9.66 is only 1.1%. kachang puteh for you :smile:

people said RUN that yesterday's opportunity was because OCBC did a share buyback from public market. Of course, this was a rumour, so i could only tell u to act (yesterday) and cannot give u the reasons because they are not verified.

Very contradicting, issue rights and continue to buy-back shares.

what kacang puteh, also money. ok?

well, oxley i lose 10% liao

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
1987 and 2008 marked some of the heaviest stock market crashes in modern history. Traditionally October is also a weaker month, before Capricorn effect. Of course, these are just history and does not give us any hint about the future.

I reiterate that I am just taking clue from the recent bond market madness. Earlier, we discussed about the crazy bond prices outside singapore. Show you this secondary bond issue in Singapore yesterday:

Jurong Shipyard - Subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine - not direct subsidiary of Sembcorp
Unrated 7-years 2.95%, 15 years 3.85%
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/bre...-shipyard-prices-7-and-15-year-bonds-20140903

Well, they think they are safer than my CPF-SA 4%
A few months ago, we discussed that even parent company Sembcorp gave 5% (perpetual bond). I will trust Sembcorp 5% Perpetual more than Jurong Shipyard 2.95%.
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?181997-Singapore-Bonds&p=1892911#post1892911

Conclusion: If bond prices are too high (yields too low), don't chase.
Back to your question: Then why are bond prices so mad now?
Answer: Something's gonna happen soon.

see lah indonesian bonds also went crazy

Indonesian Islamic bonds breaks new record in Southeast Asia
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...k-orders-break-new-record-southeast-asia.html

The government’s dollar-denominated Islamic-bond (sukuk) sale on Wednesday saw demand reaching almost seven times its US$1.5 billion offer, this despite its relatively low yield. The Finance Ministry said in a statement that investors’ bids amounted to $10.2 billion, the largest order book ever achieved for a sovereign sukuk issue in Southeast Asia.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
you better stop buying those penny and rubbish stock...
else all your hard earned money gone.

what losses last time, and you just don look back.
look for your future, tomorrow will be better than today.

also, do not always think about women...

that is.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u said you retired.
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?187655-kraft-and-bro-Run-need-your-advice&p=1975390#post1975390

I should have spent the money on prostitutes than losing them in the stock market

I should have spent the money on prostitutes than losing them in the stock market

Ah Run, becareful of STD hor. Always remember public toilet as compared to house toilet, which one you prefer to seat or squat on.
Unless you tell me the losses can "bao" for 2 weeks or 1 month of preferred usage, also no guarantee, but at least..... you know what I mean.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah Run, becareful of STD hor. Always remember public toilet as compared to house toilet, which one you prefer to seat or squat on.
Unless you tell me the losses can "bao" for 2 weeks or 1 month of preferred usage, also no guarantee, but at least..... you know what I mean.

U people can't really feel what kind of person Run is :biggrin:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you lifeafter41, SNTCK and Sggonewrong, you are all so kind to RUN.
RUN must learn to be good boy.

Come let me hug my good brothers............
tumblr_lzlnm8mHpH1qzlvmi.gif

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
the economic crisis has been over for 6 years,why dont they raise interest rates already!!!!!

though I am only just a layman with only 'o' levels, this is what I think. Pls correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Because they (govts, banks, developers,...) realized they can benefit more with low interest rates.

As interest rates are at the record low now, developers are able to price their projects at very high price and banks can also make much more because people are taking much bigger and longer term loans.

Also for countries like SG who as a hub for dirty $ and very low tax haven, do not have to pay high interest rates for the $ hidden here.
Big debtors nations like US also don't need to pay high interest to the creditors countries like China.

Only a sudden surge in inflation will they then have to raise interest rates which will cause things to go havoc. So for the time being, they will continue to under report the consumer price index.

Cheers

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oii
That black october thing. Based on what you read, something very serious?

I look at my portfolio. I dunno which one I can sell...a few in losses now...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
though I am only just a layman with only 'o' levels, this is what I think. Pls correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Because they (govts, banks, developers,...) realized they can benefit more with low interest rates.

As interest rates are at the record low now, developers are able to price their projects at very high price and banks can also make much more because people are taking much bigger and longer term loans.

Also for countries like SG who as a hub for dirty $ and very low tax haven, do not have to pay high interest rates for the $ hidden here.
Big debtors nations like US also don't need to pay high interest to the creditors countries like China.

Only a sudden surge in inflation will they then have to raise interest rates which will cause things to go havoc. So for the time being, they will continue to under report the consumer price index.

Cheers

You are PHD level :p
You sound Piketty

Thomas Piketty, French Economist
Author of the current best-selling economics book that explains the income-divide
220px-Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century_%28front_cover%29.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oii

it's ok if u do nothing, but make sure u got money to average down when the opportunity comes.

paiseh, i might be wrong also. I don't have degree like cheerguan also.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro run, where you get the chart from?you wwere saying expecting selldown in oct?pls advise...

Oii

Thank you lifeafter41, SNTCK and Sggonewrong, you are all so kind to RUN.
RUN must learn to be good boy.

Come let me hug my good brothers............
tumblr_lzlnm8mHpH1qzlvmi.gif