• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn, if i know the result, you think i bother to work...!???:rolleyes:

Knn so your answer is yes? Okay linpeh will liquidate all my current portfolio positions and bet all in Brazil and Germany. If lose, linpeh will go and burn down your house:oIo:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn so your answer is yes? Okay linpeh will liquidate all my current portfolio positions and bet all in Brazil and Germany. If lose, linpeh will go and burn down your house:oIo:
Wah, so fierce :p Pls don't lose your trousers... or dhoti :biggrin:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2398539_big-lnd.jpg

Joachim Loew, head coach of Germany..." I will whack the French hard...."

Two goals at least!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2398386_big-lnd.jpg

Manuel Neuer, goalkeeper of Germany ...The French will not have any chance to pass my post. It will be a devastating defeat for the French!
Two Big Kosongs for the French to chew upon!! Hehe!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2391146_full-lnd.jpg

ready for the showdown!!!

As the pressure mounts, the expressions being used in Germany’s camp are becoming ever more succinct. The tension is reaching its peak ahead of their quarter-final encounter with France at Rio de Janeiro’s venerable Maracana Stadium. Both sides are full of confidence and aware of the struggles for revenge that have been waged between these two major European powers at past FIFA World Cups™. One man full of determination and looking forward eagerly to kick-off is Andre Schurrle.

“France have some fantastic individual players like [Paul] Pogba, [Karim] Benzema and [Mathieu] Valbuena,” the 23-year-old told FIFA. “They have a lot of quality and can create goals from any situation. We know their strengths, but we also know ours.” Above all, the Chelsea player can trust in his own ability. Having played just 28 minutes in the three group matches in Brazil, it was Schurrle who provided a boost in his side’s Round of 16 match against Algeria, scoring a back-heeled goal to put Germany ahead at the start of extra time.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
1331437_full-lnd.jpg

we will kick the french OUT!!!

That Andreas Brehme played a leading role the last time Germany won the FIFA World Cup™ is common knowledge among football fans, especially as he scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot in the Final against Argentina at Italy 1990. Less well known, however, is that he was also a crucial cog in the last German team to beat France at a World Cup.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2003028_full-lnd.jpg

MATCHDAY PREVIEW – The quarter-finals are set to begin at Brazil 2014 with a pair of mouth-watering ties on the menu, European heavyweights Germany and France locking horns before the hosts tackle fellow South Americans Colombia.

Germany's vast array of titles might give them the air of favourites, but Die Nationalmannschaft have struggled against France in the past, recording just eight wins to 11 losses and six draws in 25 previous meetings. Despite their long rivalry, the two neighbours have met only three times at FIFA World Cup™ level, though on the greatest stage of all it is Germany who hold the edge.

Les Bleus posted a swashbuckling 6-3 victory in the match for third place at Sweden 1958, but the Germans edged both their subsequent semi-final jousts, winning 5-4 on penalties at the end of a 3-3 draw in 1982 before prevailing 2-0 at Mexico 1986.

DRAW AT FULL 90 MINS.
DRAW AGAIN AFTER EXTENDED TIME.
GERMANY TO WIN ON PSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
SOME PREDICTIONS....

Quarterfinals

France vs Germany: This one is a toss-up, but I’m favoring Germany by a slight margin. While France have been flying, they’ve faced weaker opposition on their path to the quarter-final. They haven’t faced adversity yet, and Germany will bounce back after a weak performance against Algeria.

Brazil vs Colombia: As much as my heart says that I want Colombia to win (Brazil footballers and players are too cocky, in my opinion), my mind says that Brazil will find a way to win this one with the home advantage swinging in their favor.

Argentina vs Belgium: While neither team has looked strong, this may end up being the upset. Argentina look weak defensively, and we saw against the US how Belgium can break quickly and precisely on the counter especially if Romelu Lukaku is playing. My prediction is that Argentina will suffer a shock defeat to Belgium.

Netherlands vs Costa Rica: Netherlands win every day of the week.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/07/...orld-soccer-talk-writers/#IvcE5X8VPMgt4i8p.99

Semi-finals

Brazil vs Germany: Brazil will be victorious.

Belgium vs Netherlands: Talk about a derby of sorts.

Final

Brazil vs Netherlands: Will the Dutch fail to win for the second World Cup in a row? We’ve seen the cracks in the Brazil team, and I believe that Louis Van Gaal will zero in on Brazil’s vulnerabilities. I’m predicting a tense, dour final, but the Netherlands will win against the odds.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/07/...orld-soccer-talk-writers/#IvcE5X8VPMgt4i8p.99

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another prediction ..

For the first time ever, we can say this World Cup quarterfinal features the best of the best as for the first time in the modern tournament all top seeds from the group have made it to this round. The four match-up have numerous storylines present incredibly entertaining potential match-ups to decide who wins the entire thing.

There are enough favorites to make the rest of this World Cup predictable but enough underdogs as well to throw everything into a loop. So who will be hoisting the trophy next Sunday? Here are our predictions for how the rest of this World Cup will shake-out

Brazil 1 – Colombia 0

Key storyline: Brazil’s backline will assert itself as the host nation’s attack continues to struggle. While Neymar may be healthy (and thus dominant) and Hulk goes through stretches of excellence, Brazil will need more than that to win the rest of its matches. However, in this match, their defense contains James Rodriguez and company to advance.

France 1 – Germany 2

Key storyline: France scores first by using Algeria’s playbook and exploiting the lack of speed in the German back four. However, a late equalizer by Thomas Muller sends the match into extra time, where the German midfield dominates and Andre Schurrle becomes a German hero… again.

Netherlands 1 (4) – Costa Rica 1 (2)

Key storyline: Costa Rica continues to shock as a late second half Bryan Ruiz goal equalizes the match and sends it into extra time. Again, the CONCACAF team survives an offensive onslaught but this time tired legs catch up to them and another European team advances.

Argentina 1 – Belgium 0

Key storyline: In a match-up featuring two underachieving teams in this World Cup, one finally plays as well as it should. Argentina strikes early in the match and contains Belgium to advance. If not for Thibaut Courtois, the scoreline would be much higher.

jw5

Loyal
Tomorrow morning, we will see the exit of Brazil. It will be followed by disappointment on the part of the millions of poor people and chaos. Perhaps, even leading to the cancellation of the rest of the matches in this World Cup....... Odds ??

Disappointment? Yes. Cancellation of the rest of the matches? No way..................................... :p