• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

They (Galatasaray)(Real Madrid 3-0 Galatasaray) need a miracle but there are miracles in football.
so why can't they dream of a miracle? (The special one).

Mani the parrot and Paul the octopus are both dead..and now we have Tom the horse prediction.
Dream final.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last world cup I have learnt
as irritating as a vuvuzela
a hat-trick of Holland(failed 3 times)
clever as a sotong(not blur as sotong)
as dumb as parakeet

jw5

Loyal
Last world cup I have learnt
as irritating as a vuvuzela
a hat-trick of Holland(failed 3 times)
clever as a sotong(not blur as sotong)
as dumb as parakeet

If you find vuvuzela irritating, you should uzevulva instead. :biggrin:

Please share with us your world cup winnings or near misses with sgpools. (share as in tell us, not share money) :p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Please share with us your world cup winnings or near misses with sgpools. (share as in tell us, not share money) :p

think i should go place bet for Germany winning the cup first, before the odds drop :smile::smile::smile:

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Germany eager to end World Cup third-place curse

Germany head to Brazil aiming to end their 24-year wait for a fourth World Cup title with captain Philipp Lahm insisting he is sick of finishing third.

Consecutive semi-final defeats have led to Germany taking bronze at both of the last two World Cups with Lahm in the side and it is 12 years since the Germans lost the 2002 final to Brazil in Yokohama, Japan.

“I do not want to go out in the semi-finals again or visit Brazil just to soak up the sun,” insisted Lahm after a decade in the Germany team.

“I have a clear goal, to achieve the biggest possible success and win the World Cup.”

In order to break their duck, improved counter-attack and a tighter defence are the key areas coach Joachim Loew wants to improve.

The squad is packed with attacking potential, but there have been rumours of discontent in the past with disgruntled stars disrupting the squad’s harmony from the bench at both the 2012 European Championships and in the World Cup qualifiers.

“We have the necessary punch to win the title, but we must be sure that the talent and ego of every individual provides only for the team’s benefit,” said Lahm with team building also a priority in their south Tirol camp.

The 24-year wait for a fourth World Cup title is Germany’s longest since first winning the global crown in 1954.

Younger members of the squad, including midfield star Mario Goetze, were yet to be born when West Germany won Italia 1990 -- the last time they were world champions.

28y5kvt

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys missed the World Cup live screen capture from some moniker during the last world cup? I dunno if we are going to get them again?

Joachim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys missed the World Cup live screen capture from some moniker during the last world cup? I dunno if we are going to get them again?

How could we forget? When Park Ji Sung scored, u immediately change your avatar to him. :rolleyes:

park.jpg

jw5

Loyal
good strategy, minimum input maximum payout.

It's the concept of expected return. Yes, the chances of winning may be slim, but the odds have to be high enough to make up for that and give a decent expected return. :wink:

I remember last world cup, saw one chap at SG Pools outlet. Bet $1000 on Mexico to beat S Africa. Result was a draw. The odds for a Mexico victory was only one point something. Poor chap. Lost $1000 trying in vain to win a few hundred bucks. :o:(:biggrin:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
If you find vuvuzela irritating, you should uzevulva instead. :biggrin:

My most memorable world cup experience is the 1982 in spain,
followed by the 2002 world cup in japan/korea which i make a bundle,
the 1994 world cup in usa and 1990 in italy.

the most worsterest world cup to me without a doubt is the 2012 world cup in south africa..
thanks to the our professional tipster in Ramseth and Alakmaking..
i lost my pants,my rolex,my car,my gf and even make a succide pact to jump into kallang river with the late Ramseth.:mad: