• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
lai, jiak liang! lai!

about 4 weeks to the start of World Cup Fever in Brazil!
which country will lift the coveted cup? :smile::smile::smile:

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pick favorites very sian.. i prefer dark horse.

logo-kbvb.jpg

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uruguay?

PositionPlayerClub
GKFernando MusleraGalatasaray
GKMartin SilvaVasco da Gama
GKRodrigo MunozLibertad
DEFMaximiliano PereiraBenfica
DEFDiego LuganoWest Brom
DEFDiego GodinAtletico Madrid
DEFJose Maria GimenezAtletico Madrid
DEFSebastian CoatesLiverpool
DEFMartin CaceresJuventus
DEFJorge FucilePorto
MIDAlejandro SilvaLanus
MIDAlvaro GonzalezLazio
MIDAlvaro PereiraSao Paulo
MIDWalter GarganoParma
MIDEgidio Arevalo RiosMorelia
MIDDiego PerezBologna
MIDSebastian EgurenPalmeiras
MIDCristian RodriguezAtletico Madrid
MIDGaston RamirezSouthampton
MIDNicolas LodeiroBotafogo
ATTLuis SuarezLiverpool
ATTEdinson CavaniParis Saint-Germain
ATTAbel HernandezPalermo
ATTDiego ForlanCerezo Osaka
ATTChristian StuaniEspanyol

<caption style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0.5em; border-width: 0px 0px 4px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(255, 64, 0); outline: 0px; font-size: 20px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248); height: 40px; line-height: 40px; white-space: nowrap; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-align: left;">Uruguay World Cup Squad</caption><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">
</tbody>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...full-28-man-squad-and-starting-11-projections

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Host country Brazil for me. 2nd favourite Argentina. 3rd, Uruguay.

samba & agries no meat. Uruguay payout 22-1. hoot $50 on Uruguay.

looking at past history, no angmo teams won WC on american continent b4. so best bet are the three teams above.

i want Suaraz to dive to get Gerrard red carded while Suaraz score the goal to knock englander out from the resulting freekick or penalty.:biggrin:

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dark horse Belgium is not ready yet. Q-finals or semis at most.

Next World Cup, it will be a powerful force.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Desailly tips Argentina for Cup, Belgium to surprise

LONDON Fri May 16, 2014 1:25pm BST

(Reuters) - Argentina are favourites to win the World Cup in Brazil, Belgium can reach the final and nobody expects much of England, according to former France international Marcel Desailly.

The Ghana-born 1998 World Cup winner, who won the Champions League with Marseille and AC Milan, also predicted Ivory Coast could be the surprise team and Argentina's Sergio Aguero the top scorer.

Argentina have the talent to win even if Barcelona's Lionel Messi does not play in every match, he told Laureus.com in an interview.

"I am sure collectively Argentina will be able, with Messi at top or without Messi at his best, to win the World Cup," said the Frenchman.

"Honestly I see Argentina playing without Messi," he continued. "Messi is not specially the key player of Argentina, you will see."

Desailly said champions Spain had the potential to defend the trophy, with fresh talent coming in to boost established players, but hosts Brazil could buckle under the burden of expectation.

"The first game will be very important but I'm sure confusion will be in the team." I'm sure it will be difficult for them to join altogether," said the 45-year-old. "Brazil will face a lot of problems for this World Cup."

The former Chelsea centre back saw "no expectation" for 1966 winners England.

"England do not have individual players who can make the difference," he declared.

"Obviously, people will talk about (Wayne) Rooney but in the previous World Cup he did not perform.

"It will depend on the collective play of the team, good young players who fit in and the cleverness of your coaches," Desailly added.

"Otherwise, England will not go to the final stages. I think even Belgium have a better potential to go to the final stage than England, on their individual capacity."

France are managed by 1998 World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps and Desailly said individual talent was certainly there.

"The only problem is collectively, France does not perform unless they are scared of getting eliminated," said Desailly.

"We are not expecting to win the World Cup. We are just there, hanging, hoping that game after game we can build up collective motivation."

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ed Osmond)