• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

Now coming back and jammed for 30min at causeway. Jb kastam i am first in line. Horray to Jb. Singapore should buck up la

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now coming back and jammed for 30min at causeway. Jb kastam i am first in line. Horray to Jb. Singapore should buck up la

30 mins also called 'jam'? Sup sup water lah. I was caught in 2.5 hr jam last Sunday, coming back to SG. Expect this weekend to be worse with the long Haji holidays.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should be increased.
But you should be the one most able to confirm it.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

30 mins also called 'jam'? Sup sup water lah. I was caught in 2.5 hr jam last Sunday, coming back to SG. Expect this weekend to be worse with the long Haji holidays.

so it doesn't make sense to pay extra $ for the toll right..? :rolleyes:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

so it doesn't make sense to pay extra $ for the toll right..? :rolleyes:

Well the Sunday nite jam was partially due to 'upgrading works' at JB side, resulting in fewer counters being opened. Though frankly, I have never seen any actual benefits from all these 'upgrades' ever since the new Iskandar CIQ opened.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well the Sunday nite jam was partially due to 'upgrading works' at JB side, resulting in fewer counters being opened. Though frankly, I have never seen any actual benefits from all these 'upgrades' ever since the new Iskandar CIQ opened.

i also kena e jam. coin flipping before entering e jam, thinking whether to use 2nd link. KNS...pui!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

More motorists expected to use Second Link from Malaysia to S'pore
The Star/Asia News Network | Thursday, Oct 2, 2014

GELANG PATAH, Malaysia - More motorists are expected to use the Second Link to Singapore following the increase in toll rates imposed at the checkpoint in Woodlands.

Motorists can save about RM1 (S$0.40) in toll charges if they use the Second Link.

Singaporean retiree Ali Hanafiah, 66, who lives at the Leisure Farm residential area here and frequents the highway, said those working near Jurong or Tuas would probably opt for the Second Link.

"However, making such changes may not be cost savvy for all because it will be pointless for those working in Woodlands or the city centre to take this highway," he said yesterday.

Auxiliary police officer N. Mathan, 36, who usually takes the Causeway to work at Changi Airport, said he would consider changing his route if the increased toll becomes a burden.

"I have yet to try out the Second Link but some of my friends, who live within Johor Baru and drive into Singapore daily, have already changed their routes," he said.

A check by The Star showed that despite the increase in toll rates at the Causeway yesterday, traffic flow on the Second Link was normal during the morning rush hour.

The Second Link is located about 16km from the Sultan Iskandar CIQ complex on the Malaysian side of the Causeway.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...cond-link-malaysia-spore#sthash.oMnlVgow.dpuf

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

More motorists expected to use Second Link from Malaysia to S'pore
The Star/Asia News Network | Thursday, Oct 2, 2014

GELANG PATAH, Malaysia - More motorists are expected to use the Second Link to Singapore following the increase in toll rates imposed at the checkpoint in Woodlands.

Motorists can save about RM1 (S$0.40) in toll charges if they use the Second Link.

Singaporean retiree Ali Hanafiah, 66, who lives at the Leisure Farm residential area here and frequents the highway, said those working near Jurong or Tuas would probably opt for the Second Link.

"However, making such changes may not be cost savvy for all because it will be pointless for those working in Woodlands or the city centre to take this highway," he said yesterday.

Auxiliary police officer N. Mathan, 36, who usually takes the Causeway to work at Changi Airport, said he would consider changing his route if the increased toll becomes a burden.

"I have yet to try out the Second Link but some of my friends, who live within Johor Baru and drive into Singapore daily, have already changed their routes," he said.

A check by The Star showed that despite the increase in toll rates at the Causeway yesterday, traffic flow on the Second Link was normal during the morning rush hour.

The Second Link is located about 16km from the Sultan Iskandar CIQ complex on the Malaysian side of the Causeway.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...cond-link-malaysia-spore#sthash.oMnlVgow.dpuf

Actually, now that both links are charging more or less the same exorbitant fee, the traffic will be better balanced. Those who stay in Jurong or work at tuas and have business or reside in nusajaya will take 2nd link, and those who reside near JB will use the causeway.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal

The increase is to balance the traffic and it has been achieved successfully but most people still prefer woodlands as it has more shopping options but now Bt Indah side will flourish (just my 2 cents worthless thought.)

longwei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well I still see ciq jam to woodlands every morning no change even toll increase

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are quite well. To be fair, after serious calculations in the savings of staying in JB, the toll increases are still chicken feet. Even if they factor in RM 50 VEP to JB daily, it is still cheap.

AS long as its still cheap, you will find jams

Well I still see ciq jam to woodlands every morning no change even toll increase

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many will still drive and some will probably car pool, while others may switch to other transport mode, surely there will be lesser traffic.
Every morning, with an average of 10,000 cars going into SG, a reduction of 10 to 20%, which is more than 1,000 cars, may not be significant to notice but is already a huge reduction.
One example, one of our staff had quit driving and is now riding his motorbike to work.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

The recent multiple whammy are hard to swallow.

1. LTA increases the VEP
2. Johor increases the toll
3. LTA implemented a matching toll charges making it $13 two way
4. Malaysia increases the RON 95 petrol to RM 2.30

Whats next?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. LTA increases the VEP

Whats next?

JB is due to implement VEP in1-2 months' time, follow by 6% GST in 6 months' time.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

JB is due to implement VEP in1-2 months' time, follow by 6% GST in 6 months' time.
Dont think the VEH can be implemented so quickly. MY needs to develop its own version of autopass card first, to easily identify betw SG & MY cars...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is what I read. Once implemented a lot of businesses will collapse in JB.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

We imported so many things from Malaysia via land transport so can expect super inflation from food to construction material.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Point 1 & 4 dont apply to Sporeans who are vested in JB but will affect Malaysians who are making use of strong Sing dollars to work here and enjoy life back home with a CAR.

1. LTA increases the VEP

Whats next?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans flock to JB over long weekend despite increase in toll charges
By Leong Wai Kit
POSTED: 06 Oct 2014 21:03
UPDATED: 06 Oct 2014 23:57

The recent increase in toll charges on both sides of the Causeway failed to deter Singaporean travellers from heading into Malaysia this Hari Raya Haji long weekend.

SINGAPORE: Long weekends are usually when Singaporeans choose to venture across the Causeway to indulge in their favourite pastimes of shopping, eating and other activities, and this Hari Raya Haji long weekend was no exception.

Many Singaporean commuters made trips across the Causeway over the festive weekend, despite the recent increase in toll charges on both sides od the Causeway.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority had said it expected heavy traffic across the Causeway during the festive period, and some commuters said they spotted many Singapore-registered cars over the weekend.

The raised toll charges now make it five times more expensive to make a trip to Johor Bahru and back, using the Causeway.

However, some drivers who frequent Johor Bahru - as well as two firms that plan driving tours to Malaysia - said the raised toll charges are unlikely to change their habits as they do not pay the charges every day. They can also choose to share the cost of the charges with passengers in their cars.

- CNA/by

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporeans-flock-to-jb/1400866.html