• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the first phase, the system will be implemented at manned counters within passenger halls at the Woodlands and Tuas land checkpoints. "BioScreen clearance for those travelling by motorcycles, cars and lorries will be implemented at a later date," said ICA.

luckily cars n motor will be later date and not now, cheers

Although they say it will be implemented for later for riders and drivers, I am really curious as to how they would implement this. Imagine an MPV drives through and there are 8 pax in that vehicle, does that mean everyone has to disembark to get their fingerprints taken? Didn't Malaysia try this and then stopped the entire process because of the jam it created? Really feels like dejavu.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is exactly what they want, the more jam, the more merrier, imagine sinkies spending money over JB for shopping, makan, houses, factories, etc. SG dollar all goes in to JB, and they are unhappy about it, have to make us jam jam jam!!!!dont u know their patterns?they can always create something new to make things worse

Malaysia has this thing called Autogate at KLIA. Malaysian passport has a microchip in its cover and the data is updated electronically. But it require thumb scan for validation purpose. No stamping needed. A lot faster than manual system but you need to get down from the car to get the finger print scan. But Singapore does not have this system.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia has this thing called Autogate at KLIA. Malaysian passport has a microchip in its cover and the data is updated electronically. But it require thumb scan for validation purpose. No stamping needed. A lot faster than manual system but you need to get down from the car to get the finger print scan. But Singapore does not have this system.

Regardless, it will create havoc. There are people who face difficulty with fingerprint scanning. It is easy to divert human traffic to another station where they will be processed the traditional way. Imagine this happenning to a person in the car; it will be most interesting to see how thay will divert the traffic to handle this.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless, it will create havoc. There are people who face difficulty with fingerprint scanning. It is easy to divert human traffic to another station where they will be processed the traditional way. Imagine this happenning to a person in the car; it will be most interesting to see how thay will divert the traffic to handle this.

Well, if they can automate it well that means they will not be constraint by man power, hence all counters call be on full swing all the time, which is a good thing. Its a good idea if done well.

SG and MY actually has pretty decent checkpoint technology compared to the world. Just that the volume is too big.

I've traveled to USA many times and getting pass immigration is one of the worst experiences ever.

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although they say it will be implemented for later for riders and drivers, I am really curious as to how they would implement this. Imagine an MPV drives through and there are 8 pax in that vehicle, does that mean everyone has to disembark to get their fingerprints taken? Didn't Malaysia try this and then stopped the entire process because of the jam it created? Really feels like dejavu.

No need to disembark. The immigration officers will pass a wired finger print scanner to the driver. When the passenger name is called, he will just have his thumb print scaned within the car. This system already in used when terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari escaped back in 2008.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to disembark. The immigration officers will pass a wired finger print scanner to the driver. When the passenger name is called, he will just have his thumb print scaned within the car. This system already in used when terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari escaped back in 2008.

Walau don't remind me of the bloody Mas Selamat, worst jams ever!

Traffic start from Indoor Stadium in JB, god.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Walau don't remind me of the bloody Mas Selamat, worst jams ever!
No need to disembark. The immigration officers will pass a wired finger print scanner to the driver.... system already in used when terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari escaped back in 2008.
On the contrary, recall then all car pax had to disembark (at Tuas) to do the biometrix immediately after immigration's passport do. Before exiting onto 2nd link bridge.
And even had to open your boot, to ensure we were not trafficking any baddies. Once, I even got the balls to joke with security, that he won't find him in my car :p

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore govt is the worlds' highest paid. In terms of efficiency I cant say they are the last. But these past few years the Malaysian side seem to be coping better than Singapore.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way. Johor side had been improving in terms of clearance efficiency. Have seen that is a faster and easier process compared to Singapore

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way. Johor side had been improving in terms of clearance efficiency. Have seen that is a faster and easier process compared to Singapore

To boost employment in this difficult period, ICA should open more vacancies for staff since they seem to be shorthanded. Nowadays hard for new graduates to find job.

They can use new headcount to open the old checkpoint with more counters.