• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Operasi at second link MY to Sg

But the bike jam is not surprisingly still jam like shit clumped together at Singapore side...:mad:

It was estimated that more than 100,000 bikers travelled to and from work via the Causeway daily.
So, unless they also implement road tolls for motorbikes, the mega jam will not improve.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was estimated that more than 100,000 bikers travelled to and from work via the Causeway daily.
So, unless they also implement road tolls for motorbikes, the mega jam will not improve.

LOL! Waiting for the 142 auto-counters to materialise. ICA say in one year's time......hope don't over promise and under deliver.:biggrin:

Besides, the MY bikes are already paying VEP into Singapore. If they still up the tolls, maybe it will become jammed with motorised skatescooters and bicycles! LOL!

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

JOHOR BAHARU, April 4 — The implementation of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) charge of RM20 for every foreign vehicle entering Malaysia from Singapore is expected to start on August 1.

Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abd Aziz Kaprawi said the government was currently in the process of procuring and installing the equipment at the causeway in Johor and Malaysia-Singapore Second Link to facilitate collection of the fee.

“This is the first time Malaysia is implementing the charge and definitely it will take time in terms of procuring and installing the equipment,” he told reporters after flagging off participants in the ‘Funride and Criterium Road Race’ in conjunction with the coronation of the Sultan of Johor at Dataran Bandaraya, here, today.

Abd Aziz said the same charge would be imposed on VEP for foreign vehicles entering the country via other entry points such as from Thailand.

In another development, he said the ministry would hold discussions with the Land Public Transport Commission on fare increase for express buses, which has been postponed. — Bernama

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ust-says-deputy-minister#sthash.DNx3qw3B.dpuf

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

JOHOR BAHARU, April 4 — The implementation of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) charge of RM20 for every foreign vehicle entering Malaysia from Singapore is expected to start on August 1.

Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abd Aziz Kaprawi said the government was currently in the process of procuring and installing the equipment at the causeway in Johor and Malaysia-Singapore Second Link to facilitate collection of the fee.

“This is the first time Malaysia is implementing the charge and definitely it will take time in terms of procuring and installing the equipment,” he told reporters after flagging off participants in the ‘Funride and Criterium Road Race’ in conjunction with the coronation of the Sultan of Johor at Dataran Bandaraya, here, today.

Abd Aziz said the same charge would be imposed on VEP for foreign vehicles entering the country via other entry points such as from Thailand.

In another development, he said the ministry would hold discussions with the Land Public Transport Commission on fare increase for express buses, which has been postponed. — Bernama

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ust-says-deputy-minister#sthash.DNx3qw3B.dpuf

Any idea the rm20 is per day or per entry basis?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any idea the rm20 is per day or per entry basis?

It should be per entry, just like SG.
But in SG, there is no VEP for certain period of the working weekday like after 7pm till 2am and also no VEP for weekends, Sundays, public holidays.
And you also can buy the monthly pass, so is it the same here also??
MY 's announcement as usual, are always half baked, never complete and precise and always make people guess.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once implemented, I expect LTA to increase its VEP for Malaysian vehicles correspondingly by September 2015. So, there'll be no ending.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once implemented, I expect LTA to increase its VEP for Malaysian vehicles correspondingly by September 2015. So, there'll be no ending.

So in the end, who is the winners and who is the losers?
Both the Governments and the guy who make full use of the opportunity smile to the bank while the poor Singaporeans / SPR investors cry every day.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rm20 per entry + increased tolls of almost 17RM (to and fro) and SGD6 woodland checkpoint toll, more than 50RM- that's quite a lot to pay. It will stop people from making too many trips to JB. I have stopped going to JB for day trips. The increase from just 2.80RM and 1.20SGD just slightly over a year ago is almost a ten-fold increase.

And now with the 6% gst making items like milk powder for above 3 yr old and eating out more expensive there, I am glad I managed to rent out my JB semid since April 1st hence will not need to travel there so often...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

And now with the 6% gst making items like milk powder for above 3 yr old and eating out more expensive there, I am glad I managed to rent out my JB semid since April 1st hence will not need to travel there so often...

Yep, now already the traffic on the Causeway is rather light everyday, so with the additional VEP, it'll be more free flowing while the retail businesses across will definitely be harder hit.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

If traffic improves, may not be a bad thing for those staying in JB and working in Sg but of course, depending on how much they earn....

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

there is a lot of blatant profiteering going on since april 1st. i had teh at a coffeeshop in KL up 20cents from 2RM. that's 10% increase. congrats on renting out your house. may we know how much rental you will be getting? cheers

Only rm2500 per mth for 2 years, rental yield 3.16%, to a young Malaysian Chinese couple who just got married...both in the education industry, guy owns a tuition agency and his wife, a principal in Chinese enrichment centre...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

there is a lot of blatant profiteering going on since april 1st. i had teh at a coffeeshop in KL up 20cents from 2RM. that's 10% increase. congrats on renting out your house. may we know how much rental you will be getting? cheers

I guess it is quite common to up 20 sen...

Charged more at my regular kopitiam
Published: Saturday April 4, 2015 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Saturday April 4, 2015 MYT 7:23:57 AM

I NORMALLY go to the kopitiam near my home for breakfast and yesterday morning was no exception. The only difference was that I had to pay the 6% GST (Goods and Services Tax). I am not complaining about the GST and I have been supportive of it all the while.

Before it was implemented, the charge at this kopitiam was 20 sen less for the items that would amount to only RM8.80. Based on the old price with the 6% GST, the total amount should be RM9.32.

Alas, the management of this kopitiam has added another 20 sen for each item with the excuse that it is conforming to the Government’s directive on the GST.

So, with the GST I was charged RM9.60. I may be wrong but it looks like this kopitiam is pushing the GST onto the consumers.

It is time the Government look into regulating the prices at the kopitiam outlets.

We understand that prices have to be increased due to high cost in goods and transportation but they should not use the GST as an excuse for profiteering.

For now, I will have to rethink my morning routine of having breakfast at this kopitiam.

JINDEE88

Petaling Jaya

http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Letters/2015/04/04/Charged-more-at-my-regular-kopitiam/

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

kopitiam do it because they know most likely ppl will just pay that extra. and they all do it together like a cartel, so us consumers don't have a choice. i am thinking of not drinking teh anymore at coffeeshop, more as a principle thing. it will be difficult becos i like sitting at kopishop to drink and read newspaper and smoke.

I thought if they want to collect gst then it should have been registered and issue receipt. You can ask for receipt to proof they are registered or else can report for profiteering

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks. as expected, quite low. and this is a semi dee, in quite a central location in the tebrau corridor. but at least you look like got a good tenant, and 2 years lock in. your house is also fully furnished, i gather?

All the furniture left behind by the seller like sofa, tv, tv console, built in dining table japanese style and mattresses...more or less fully furnished with fridge and washer and kitchen appliances left behind too...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

kopitiam do it because they know most likely ppl will just pay that extra. and they all do it together like a cartel, so us consumers don't have a choice. i am thinking of not drinking teh anymore at coffeeshop, more as a principle thing. it will be difficult becos i like sitting at kopishop to drink and read newspaper and smoke.

You can definitely afford the < $10 Singapore Cents increase :p

Coffeeshop owners may also have to pay GST on their teh supplies, utilities and rental.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is the traffic now on the causeway for those doing their daily commute? Is it much better after the tolls or the same? Would appreciate feedback...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course I can afford, everyone can. It's the principle. GST is 6%, 20 sen of 2RM is 10%. And i'm pretty sure the teh i was drinking on 1st April Noon was from their pre-GST inventory of teh. :p

Cement price is 6% + 6%+...GST when reaching your house.
House price will cheong again!! Huat huh!!:p