• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

I was coming back to Singapore.
It was pretty insane.
Traffic was just not moving much.
Seemed like the problem maybe was Singapore side clearance.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was coming back to Singapore.
It was pretty insane.
Traffic was just not moving much.
Seemed like the problem maybe was Singapore side clearance.

From my experience, the queues are always built on the SG side. A big difference is that there are always no stopping for custom check on MY side, and consider it a bonus if you face a short queue at SG custom. Of course, with the built up queue in customs, it may sometimes back up to and build a queue on the immigration counter.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

To avoid weekend jam I will reach Sg custom 6am, clear JB CIQ then head to any 24hr fast food restaurant eg McDonald that serves chicken congee. Kill time with newspaper/magazine till 8am when mall open. Load up at The Store, Tesco, Aeon Tebrau city & other specialty store within. Lunch at Teck Sing Restaurant or some BKT store. Foot reflexology and shoulder massage. Shell fill up. Take-away dinner and head back hoping that causeway is relatively clear.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes with the jam at the Singapore side, dunno why we still have to pay toll.
It's as if we are sadomasochistic.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 1st and 2nd links are quite empty now. I remember just about 6 months ago, they were already badly jammed up at this time. The higher toll at this level is good for me, but not when the Johor levy is imposed later. Maybe Johor is having 2nd thoughts given the further negative impact to tourism $.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 1st and 2nd links are quite empty now. I remember just about 6 months ago, they were already badly jammed up at this time. The higher toll at this level is good for me, but not when the Johor levy is imposed later. Maybe Johor is having 2nd thoughts given the further negative impact to tourism $.

I like the implementation the tolls. It is so effective. No more petrol warriors. I can pay and enjoy the ride across the bridge without suffering the Jam.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

i 2nd your tots. Hope with RTS in/out will be a breeze come 2020.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like the implementation the tolls. It is so effective. No more petrol warriors. I can pay and enjoy the ride across the bridge without suffering the Jam.

It will be much smoother when the VEH of RM20/35/50 is implemented next yr.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only rich like me can visit the place. That will be even better.

Haha, Bro, lesson No 1. The rich don't call themselves rich. In fact, the truly rich are often v low key and humble.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I noticed if you kwai Kwai pump 3 quarter tank go nusajaya jalan jalan then pump full tank and come home, the savings in petrol just nice cover the toll. Take it as a consolation.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

韬光养晦, my friend. Btw, I am a Singaporean.
bro, you are a Singaporean Reds!!

just checked the cams. both links in and out totally devoid of traffic. unless everyone is stuck on the EDL (edl cams are down) coming in, this doesn't look good for the
"blue ribbon" special economic zone

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal

VEP coming some more. Looks like they really want to kill the golden goose........ JB buyer all stuck :(

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

just checked the cams. both links in and out totally devoid of traffic. unless everyone is stuck on the EDL (edl cams are down) coming in, this doesn't look good for the
Slight jam coming back to SG now... Off topic, get ready for a cracking match at Anfield tonight!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Checking on the cam now, it should be stuck with Jam now. Whether going in or coming out.

But now at this hour, it is all clear. It beats me.