• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

I have been observing the checkpoint volume of cars and it does seem obvious that the jams are starting to come back after the first 2-3 weeks of peace

I have been driving into JB for the past few weeks, during weekdays. Before the new toll rates, I will try to reach S'pore immigration before 08:00 to avoid jam. Since the toll rate hike, I reached the S'pore immigration before 08:30 and face much lighter traffic than the situation at 08:00 before the toll rate hike. The last time I went in was just 2 days ago, Friday.

I have not driven in on weekends during which the traffic situation may be a different story. Weekday traffic is definitely much lighter after the new toll rate, even as recent as a couple of days ago.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that the usual Saturday jam is back.. I don't mind S'pore to increase the toll to match it sooner then later..
I want to see which country will surrender first

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a long weekend for Malaysia, so the jams if not there, would be a big disaster for JB.
Lets see the following weekend, then only say whether the crowds are coming back to JB.

My feeling... the double whammy of lesser China tourists and now also lesser from Singapore since 1st Aug, will hit JB and in general, Malaysian tourism very hard for 2014 and surely well into 2015.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a long weekend for Malaysia, so the jams if not there, would be a big disaster for JB.
Lets see the following weekend, then only say whether the crowds are coming back to JB.

My feeling... the double whammy of lesser China tourists and now also lesser from Singapore since 1st Aug, will hit JB and in general, Malaysian tourism very hard for 2014 and surely well into 2015.

Singapore has been hit by lesser Chinese tourists as well. Our growth should be just okay this year, compared to the spectacular growth of Malaysia, which has plenty of land, labour and natural resources to expand. For JB, the manufacturing and construction sectors will do very well but malls, F&B and services sectors near Singapore will take a small hit this year due to tolls/VEP, follow by GST next year.

$1-million drive to woo Chinese tourists back to Singapore
Dip in arrivals likely caused by Thailand unrest and MH370 saga
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ists-back-singapore-2014#sthash.39fMUgmk.dpuf

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its long weekend for Malaysia ( Not Singapore ), why would it be a big disaster for JB if there are no Jams?

If its long weekend for Singapore, then we should worry if there are no jams. However this weekend is Singapore's normal weekend and I am utterly surprised at the atrocious jam leading into and out of JB. I heard 80% Singapore cars and many are still thronging the shopping malls. Jusco Bukit Indah and Sutera Mall are still jammed packed as ever.

Really wonder what are they waiting for to impose the levy

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took about 20 mins to clear both customs this morning into JB. All counters at center roll are closed at JB customs, and about 2/3 are opened at both sides, thus create a minor jam towards JB.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
They spillover effects will be interesting to see.
I think the most affected will be commercial sectors, housing and the local workforce.
I hope that Najib will put a stop before the Iskandar project just nose dives into oblivion.

According to the plan it should be year end right?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
holy cow.. massive jam seen from the cams on EDL south bound , near the reststop.
and long line going into jb at tuas and woodland too.
so much for the 16RM tolls. back to square one with 5 times the toll.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid entering JB from today till next Sunday if you have no serious business to go. Massive massive jams coming back again this week due to school holidays.

Increase in tolls is not that effective in deterring Singaporeans from spending in JB, lah!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid entering JB from today till next Sunday if you have no serious business to go. Massive massive jams coming back again this week due to school holidays.

Increase in tolls is not that effective in deterring Singaporeans from spending in JB, lah!

xxxxcxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tit for tat toll confirmed.
SG to charge $3.80 leaving (current $1.20).
New charge for entering $2.70.
Applicable for cars thru Woodlands checkpoint from 15 September.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tit for tat toll confirmed.
SG to charge $3.80 leaving (current $1.20).
New charge for entering $2.70.
Applicable for cars thru Woodlands checkpoint from 15 September.

Surprisingly, the Singapore online news are v quiet on this. This is the link I found, complete with the LTA circular.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/new-tolls-woodlands-checkpoint-15-sep-4796883.html

EDIT: Not sure if the toll hike is true. There is online chatter that the letter could be fake??

Last edited:

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprisingly, the Singapore online news are v quiet on this. This is the link I found, complete with the LTA circular.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/new-tolls-woodlands-checkpoint-15-sep-4796883.html

EDIT: Not sure if the toll hike is true. There is online chatter that the letter could be fake??
\

Its true. Saw it last night on TV, I think was Channelnewsasia.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jams r back a little too soon :eek:

SG is supposed to raise e toll soon.

PAP will not let this opportunity go when comes to MONEY!@!*&&^%%$#

By 15 September they will charged into JB $3.80, Back to Sickapooor $2.70!!

Who started all these furore PAP!! they charged Jiu hu kia from $20.00 to $35.00/day!!

Now this!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much jam is bad for health. Main victims are those use the links daily. Good for occasional travellers.