• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

Went in today via Tuas apps 12pm. SG 50% counter open. Some Traffic. Cleared in 20mins.
Msia side counters 90% opened. Cleared in 5mins.

Return via JB side. Msia customs 90% open. Cleared in 1min. No Q at all.
Spore side mini JAM. Took 30mins to clear.

* Angry as dun understand why for citizens gg in/out of SG our custom still wan tekan us.
Ask this ask that. Ask names. Check and slow pace. Take own sweet time. TMD
Pay extra $$$ toll for Fxxx

Yesterday night went in at 10.30 p.m

Singapore custom is still full of shit. Slow and in efficient. JB custom is fast and swift.
Spend some money on supper , then proceed to massage , proceed to car wash and then finally some petrol.
Total damage 200sgd

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toll operator's profit from hikes 'astronomical'
Shannon Teoh | The Straits Times | Thursday, Nov 13, 2014

Toll operator Malaysian Resources Corp (MRCB) is reaping "exorbitant profits", Malaysia's opposition said yesterday after the government revealed that 1.5 million paying vehicles crossed the Causeway in August, following a toll hike that has begun to hit Johor's economy.

The Works Ministry, in a written answer to a question in Parliament last week, said that in the month following the Aug 1 hike, 729,657 vehicles paid the toll to enter Singapore while 721,384 paid it to enter Johor.

The toll for a passenger car is RM16.50 (S$6.40) for a round trip instead of RM2.90 before, while it is RM13.30 per two-way trip for buses, on top of the RM2.30 already paid to head north.

The opposition Democratic Action Party (DAP) estimated MRCB will collect close to RM11 million (S$4.3 million) a month after the toll hike. This is equivalent to the compensation the government has paid MRCB since 2012, when the toll hike was to have come into effect but was delayed ahead of last year's general election.

DAP's assistant publicity chief Teo Nie Ching yesterday said this means that the government- linked MRCB will have raked in RM4.3 billion by the end of its 34-year concession, nearly four times the RM1.2 billion it cost to build the Eastern Dispersal Link highway, which terminates at the Johor Baru immigration complex.

"The profit that they are going to make from toll collection is still exorbitant and astronomical," Ms Teo, a Johor-based MP, said, adding that this was before taking into consideration future toll hikes written into the concession deal and increasing traffic volume over the next three decades.

On Oct 1, Singapore matched Malaysia's toll hike, bringing the cost of a round trip to $13, from just $2.35 as recently as July.

The double hike caused alarm, especially over the chilling economic impact it will have on Johor's Iskandar region - crucial to both sides - which has just begun to boom in the past two years after a quiet start.

Even some leaders in the Malaysian ruling party were critical of the hike, with Public Accounts Committee chief Nur Jazlan Mohamad telling The Straits Times that "both governments have to decide if they want Iskandar or not, because instead of promoting it, they are imposing a de facto tax".

Ms Teo said Kuala Lumpur "should immediately declassify the concession agreement with MRCB so Malaysians will know if our government has again abused its power to enrich its crony."

[email protected]
- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...rofit-hikes-astronomical#sthash.6mJkKFuC.dpuf

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Massive jams at 2nd link. Welcome to the start of the school holidays!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

The jams at both tuas and woodlands at this hour is really fierce.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The jams at both tuas and woodlands at this hour is really fierce.

Atrocious is the word to use as the jam @ Tuas start in the early noon and by 4pm plus the Jam was all the way into AYE camera.

I had thought people will avoid JB and Malaysia but it does seem that Toll increase is insignificant. I am praying for RM 50 levy to come in fast

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today's jam seems particularly bad at 1st and 2nd links coming into Singapore :eek:

As of now it is about 4 km jam at EDL and Tebrau Highway, and about 2 km jam at 2nd Link Expressway from the Johor check-points. Singapore side check-points are relatively clear though. It will take about 2-3 hours to enter Singapore at each side :*:

I almost went in around noon, but luckily my petrol tank was only half-full so I decided to skip the trip :biggrin:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today's jam seems particularly bad at 1st and 2nd links coming into Singapore :eek:

As of now it is about 4 km jam at EDL and Tebrau Highway, and about 2 km jam at 2nd Link Expressway from the Johor check-points. Singapore side check-points are relatively clear though. It will take about 2-3 hours to enter Singapore at each side :*:

I almost went in around noon, but luckily my petrol tank was only half-full so I decided to skip the trip :biggrin:

I've noticed for the past few months, only about 60% of the MY customs booths are open during weekends. Also with the increase in tolls, I think more people are now only making once a week trip up during weekend instead of 2 or 3 trips a week before the increase.

So no more going up during weekends for me and my family. :(

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recently have been making trips to JB at wee hours to have early breakfast.. realize that even at 2 or 3am, I need to wait 10 minutes to clear Woodlands an 30 seconds to clear at JB.

This is after the hefty increase in tolls. Singapore is now notorious for charging premiums but offering lousy service. If I were the ICA head, I would resign in shame and stand at JB counter & learn why they can clear 10 times faster than the Spore counters.

Terrorism and safety issues are excuses that they use for too long, since criminals can walk to JB without clearing spore counters and Asia's top terrorist can enter JB and they haven't announce HOW did he cross over.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jam going into singapore horrific this morning at malaysian side. Extend to shell station.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal

The school holidays massive jams are indeed very scary in the weekends.
Very stressful to try to squeeze into non-existent lanes well before the tolls booths at 2nd link after the petrol stations - its insane!
The very least, the CIQ should deploy marshalls to manage the traffic and not let people squeeze inch by inch into each other's lanes.
Trying to avoid JB at all cost from Fri to Sun!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last Saturday it took me half an hour to clear the outbound tuas Ciq at 6.15am. Not too bad.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used the Causeway yesterday (Mon 1 Dec) at about 11.30am and jam was at Malaysian Customs side (30 mins). Return to Singapore about 4pm and relatively smooth both ends. Once cleared SG side, saw quite a few Customs Officer surround a Merc driven by an African. Managed to drive around that before traffic started to build up.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The traffic jams @ Singapore side ( Really kudos to Malaysia side ) @ Tuas is atrocious, simply no standard and slow.

The Q was like 50 cars ( only ) and it takes me 1 hour to clear Singapore Tuas and 2 minute to clear Malaysia side.

imagine for 5 whole minutes you can crawl for only 1m. What is this?

Seriously the if they don't buck up, one day they will become another Air-Asia Maul TigerAir saga with the latter bleeding 3 digits millions annually.

Singapore service standard already lower than Malaysia now and our ICA now want to match the Indonesians.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Something not right. Usually there's about 8 counters open. Let's say they are all slow worker and take 3 minutes to clear 1 car per counter only, every 3 minutes can clear 8 cars. In 30 minutes, 80 cars will be cleared.

I observed a fast counter can clear a car in 1 minute.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

50 cars in my lane in front of me. There are other lanes with cars too.

Last week I was unlucky enough to see a Malaysia car at the counter without any cars behind and I choose that counter, only to realise that I had to wait 15 minutes for them to clear one car with 6-8 passengers inside. I cleared 10 emails and listen to repeat on youtube my favourite song two times before it was my turn.

They just need to do away with White cards and think of some creative ideas to speed up the jam.

Something not right. Usually there's about 8 counters open. Let's say they are all slow worker and take 3 minutes to clear 1 car per counter only, every 3 minutes can clear 8 cars. In 30 minutes, 80 cars will be cleared.

I observed a fast counter can clear a car in 1 minute.