• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

Yes. Just gotta plan for more activities to get money's worth.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Besides the normal purchases & sumptuous meal, a foot reflexology and shoulder massage will make it worth the trip.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

For just $11 toll its so easy to "recover" back.

Car Wash or Polish, Makan for a family of 5, pump petrol, shopping at Giant.Jusco.Tesco. Car servicing etc.. Any one of these will recover in payment of tolls. Even for those with babies, just one milk powder bottle and one can easily recover.. somemore they always buy 5-10 bottle

Besides the normal purchases & sumptuous meal, a foot reflexology and shoulder massage will make it worth the trip.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Car Wash or Polish, Makan for a family of 5, pump petrol, shopping at Giant.Jusco.Tesco. Car servicing etc.. Any one of these will recover in payment of tolls. Even for those with babies, just one milk powder bottle and one can easily recover.. somemore they always buy 5-10 bottle

Yup, I just need to buy one item, saved me S$70.

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah, got people buy so many bottles/cans? I usually buy 3 or 4 1.8kg big cans of Enfagrow Step 4. Saves me about S$25 per can. Initially my boy would not take it but now he loves it esp the honey flavoured ones.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup, I just need to buy one single item, saved me S$70.

Another massive jam on yesterday night. The extreme right lane was still closed for 'reno'. Saw a Malaysian policeman taking pics of the jam at JB CIQ. Hopefully the 'reno' lane can be reopened asap......

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another massive jam on yesterday night. The extreme right lane was still closed for 'reno'. Saw a Malaysian policeman taking pics of the jam at JB CIQ. Hopefully the 'reno' lane can be reopened asap......

Kena bitten twice. Siam e peak hr..:biggrin:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Super long queue at 2nd link going into Johor at this hour,7pm. How to live in nusajaya and work in sg?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's going to be challenging to stay there in Johor.
Commuting to and fro will be difficult unless really committed.

But can't imagine how those with kids who are still studying. Would be very challenging to arrange for transportation

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

With the rise of VEP to $35/day for foreign cars, the traffic at Tuas has since gone back to the pre-boom days.. 8pm traffic more or less clear... heading into JB. I was pleasantly surprised when I drove in last night for massage via Tuas.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

With the rise of VEP to $35/day for foreign cars, the traffic at Tuas has since gone back to the pre-boom days.. 8pm traffic more or less clear... heading into JB. I was pleasantly surprised when I drove in last night for massage via Tuas and had no jams. Its a breeze and seem like clock has turned back to 3 years ago

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Super long queue at 2nd link going into Johor at this hour,7pm. How to live in nusajaya and work in sg?

7pm on a weekday even local highways and roads are jammed lah, what more a border crossing. The difference will be seen on non peak travel hours.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its year end with many holidays and I feel that the crowd will return to the JB's bigger mall and famous eateries. There are many who would like to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their hard earned $dollar$, myself included.

I may pay more to use the Causeway but I save time and fuel in return.

If i have to pay more to avoid the Jam , i gladly do it. But there is not much to do in JB also. Makan is not that cheap. Shopping not that cheap also. No price advantage.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

If i have to pay more to avoid the Jam , i gladly do it. But there is not much to do in JB also. Makan is not that cheap. Shopping not that cheap also. No price advantage.

Super big jams for both links on Black Friday......SG police really need to police both links better, esp the motors who have totally conquered all lanes at Tuas, and often conquer Woodlands too....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Super massive jam @ Tuas leading to the booth. About 200m from booth its 100% clear for about 20 minute as I heard there was a major accident. Must be the slippery road. Imagine for a good 20 minutes all the counters at the terribly slow Tuas customs had no "customers" as the cars couldn't pass the accident site. Jam stretches for at least 5-10km into AYE

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gosh, even at this hour the jam is massive. Are people heading north for a super long holiday as 22 Oct is Deepavali holiday? Or JB is such a boring place that so many Johorean entertaining themselves at our 2 IR?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gosh, even at this hour the jam is massive. Are people heading north for a super long holiday as 22 Oct is Deepavali holiday? Or JB is such a boring place that so many Johorean entertaining themselves at our 2 IR?

If I am not wrong some families with kids are planning for holidays as well. I got many associates who took leave on Monday & Tue or Thur/Friday to enjoy super long holidays.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Agreed.
I was stuck in the jam for 2.5 hours. It was insane