• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

50 cars in my lane in front of me. There are other lanes with cars too.

Last week I was unlucky enough to see a Malaysia car at the counter without any cars behind and I choose that counter, only to realise that I had to wait 15 minutes for them to clear one car with 6-8 passengers inside. I cleared 10 emails and listen to repeat on youtube my favourite song two times before it was my turn.

They just need to do away with White cards and think of some creative ideas to speed up the jam.

PR & work permit holders don't need white cards. Their details are auto enrolled. They make up the majority of the travellers. It's the tourist who needs white card. Anyway today's clearance into SG was smooth at Woodlands. Cleared in around 20 mins starting at 740 am. of course, being a reasonably experienced commuter, I know which lanes to choose at Woodlands. :biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

PR & work permit holders don't need white cards. Their details are auto enrolled. They make up the majority of the travellers. It's the tourist who needs white card. Anyway today's clearance into SG was smooth at Woodlands. Cleared in around 20 mins starting at 740 am. of course, being a reasonably experienced commuter, I know which lanes to choose at Woodlands. :biggrin:

That's why during the school holidays the jams will be there because majority of the travelers into Singapore during normal office hours will need to fill up white cards. Imagine on the spot they fill it only to be rejected again and again. These are the common problems faced.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

BATU PAHAT: All foreign-registered vehicles entering the country from Singapore via Johor will be charged*a Vehicle entry Permit (VEP) of RM20 starting the middle of next year.Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the move was made in-line with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's announcement on the implementation of the VEP for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country via Johor in July this year."The Transport Ministry is working out details of the VEP's implementation at the two entry-points in Johor, which is the Causeway and the Second Link, before it is enforced," he said.Aziz explained that initially the government had agreed to the RM20 VEP charge which was planned to take place in January next year."However, the VEP's implementation has been postponed to the middle of next year as there are detailed preparations to be done, including the installation of special devices at the two entry-points in the state," he said after a ground-breaking ceremony at Dewan Pelbagaiguna Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Hwa Naan in Parit Imam here today.Meanwhile, Aziz, who is also the Sri Gading member of parliament, said the implementation VEP in areas bordering Thailand and Brunei will be announced once Johor's phase is completed and running smoothly.He said the government will also decide on the rates for the VEP involving foreign vehicles from the two countries.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

BATU PAHAT: All foreign-registered vehicles entering the country from Singapore via Johor will be charged*a Vehicle entry Permit (VEP) of RM20 starting the middle of next year.Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the move was made in-line with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's announcement on the implementation of the VEP for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country via Johor in July this year."The Transport Ministry is working out details of the VEP's implementation at the two entry-points in Johor, which is the Causeway and the Second Link, before it is enforced," he said.Aziz explained that initially the government had agreed to the RM20 VEP charge which was planned to take place in January next year."However, the VEP's implementation has been postponed to the middle of next year as there are detailed preparations to be done, including the installation of special devices at the two entry-points in the state," he said after a ground-breaking ceremony at Dewan Pelbagaiguna Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Hwa Naan in Parit Imam here today.Meanwhile, Aziz, who is also the Sri Gading member of parliament, said the implementation VEP in areas bordering Thailand and Brunei will be announced once Johor's phase is completed and running smoothly.He said the government will also decide on the rates for the VEP involving foreign vehicles from the two countries.

Rm20 better than rm50 at least....quite a relief for me....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Jams will still persist. RM 400 per month ( S$57600 over 30 years ) is peanut compared to the 6-digit savings in Iskandar housing+Car+daily living necessities over Singapore. Afterall, Singapore COE is already S$70,000, where Malaysia has no such shit

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Still it kinda sucks.
Everytime implement such rules.
Once you are in, you're just another ATM machine for the govt to suck on.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's no reason why come June it wouldn't be 50.
It's up to them to say.
Everyday can change.
Seems like even the HSR and RTS now is very quiet..

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Naturally one must spend a lot more and stay longer to mitigate the impending higher motoring cost.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal

Naturally one must spend a lot more and stay longer to mitigate the impending higher motoring cost.

Ya but if the jam still persist after the VEP, we have to time our trip during less congested period. Yesterday at around 5.30 pm, the Malaysian Checkpoint was very congested - I guess with less counters opened - and we were stuck for around 45 minutes. The clearance at the Singapore side was okay.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Surprisingly big jam in 2nd link right now at 630pm, considering that many people are on leave today. Glad that things will get back to normal soon in 2 weeks time.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Operasi at second link MY to Sg

:(

Early New Year Ang Pows with compliments from Royal Malaysian Traffic Police

To add to your driving woes, there was an 'Operasi' by the Malaysian traffic police this morning on the way out to Singapore at the second link.

All Singapore plate vehicles were screened for unpaid summons and were made to pay before being 'released'.

Most credit card payments could not work maybe due to connectivity of the swipe machine.

So folks, bring enough cash (Ringgit only) when going to Singapore via second link. Also give yourself some extra traveling time as ALL vehicles will be screened even though you do not have any outstandings.

Cheers and happy holidays ahead.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Operasi at second link MY to Sg

Morning traffic surprisingly light at Causeway.

These days the traffic on the Causeway is usually light, actually so light that its a drive through on most days since the new road tolls.
Now with the new GST, expect it to be even lighter.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Operasi at second link MY to Sg

These days the traffic on the Causeway is usually light, actually so light that its a drive through on most days since the new road tolls.
Now with the new GST, expect it to be even lighter.

Don't think the minimal GST is going to deter the SG shoppers, since restaurants already charge 6% before GST, and many groceries are exempt or zero-rated. RM20 per entry will be more effective. That said, get ready for a mega jam these few days with Good Friday and Qing Ming.......... Last weekend's jam was bad, this will be much worse.