• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes that frequently happens. It's worse on the second link where the vehicle paths going into the customs are not that well defined.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I breezed through both ends (2nd link) yesterday sun morning 0830, for a looksee at Iskandar.
And u-turn at 1300 with no fuss. Had planned on return leg early before returning hordes later in evening.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ron 95 at rm1.60 from today. ron 97 also down by 10sen today.

(no collusion by sg pertrol companies - a fairy tale even a child will not believe.)

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Sultan also tak boleh tahan .... http://paultan.org/2016/03/23/johors-sultan-ibrahim-wants-causeway-to-be-replaced/

Johor’s Sultan Ibrahim wants Causeway to be replaced

Frequent users of the Johor Causeway will be familiar with the undesirable traffic situation during peak hours. In light of this, Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, the Sultan of Johor has urged stakeholders to mull the idea of replacing the Johor Causeway with a bridge.

“I feel sorry for the thousands of Malaysians and Singaporeans who are stuck in traffic jams at the Causeway daily due to the congestion. It is worse during holidays and festive seasons. Also, many people are walking to Singapore daily due to the bad traffic jams,” Sultan Ibrahim said.

In the report by The Star, HRH said that if Singapore disagreed with an undersea tunnel, then a swing bridge could be considered. “I am sure if you work with Singapore, they will accept as it will be a win-win situation for both countries, but you will have to give a good reason to replace the Causeway,” he added.

“The water at the Causeway has stagnated for so many years. Both countries should put aside their differences and come up with solutions to improve mobility,” he said, adding that the projects should have been completed years ago.

He also spoke about the need for the extension of the rapid transit system (RTS) from Singapore to Johor Baru to improve connectivity. Additionally, he urged the Malaysian Immigration Department to keep all its booths open all the time, as there were complaints that many of the booths were not open during peak hours and holidays.

Do you agree with Sultan Ibrahim’s idea for a bridge to replace the Johor Causeway? If so, what sort of connectivity option should be constructed? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Sultan also tak boleh tahan .... http://paultan.org/2016/03/23/johors-sultan-ibrahim-wants-causeway-to-be-replaced/

Johor’s Sultan Ibrahim wants Causeway to be replaced

Frequent users of the Johor Causeway will be familiar with the undesirable traffic situation during peak hours. In light of this, Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, the Sultan of Johor has urged stakeholders to mull the idea of replacing the Johor Causeway with a bridge.

“I feel sorry for the thousands of Malaysians and Singaporeans who are stuck in traffic jams at the Causeway daily due to the congestion. It is worse during holidays and festive seasons. Also, many people are walking to Singapore daily due to the bad traffic jams,” Sultan Ibrahim said.

In the report by The Star, HRH said that if Singapore disagreed with an undersea tunnel, then a swing bridge could be considered. “I am sure if you work with Singapore, they will accept as it will be a win-win situation for both countries, but you will have to give a good reason to replace the Causeway,” he added.

“The water at the Causeway has stagnated for so many years. Both countries should put aside their differences and come up with solutions to improve mobility,” he said, adding that the projects should have been completed years ago.

He also spoke about the need for the extension of the rapid transit system (RTS) from Singapore to Johor Baru to improve connectivity. Additionally, he urged the Malaysian Immigration Department to keep all its booths open all the time, as there were complaints that many of the booths were not open during peak hours and holidays.

Do you agree with Sultan Ibrahim’s idea for a bridge to replace the Johor Causeway? If so, what sort of connectivity option should be constructed? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

ALTERNATIVELY MAKE A WIDE WALKING PATH WITH SHADES/shelter TO ALLOW MORE PEOPLE TO WALK.IT WILL BE GOOD FOR HEALTH .MORE PEOPLE WALK,LESS VEHICLE ON THE ROAD.LIKE THE OLD DAYS.LARGE CROWD PREFERED TO WALK..

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALTERNATIVELY MAKE A WIDE WALKING PATH WITH SHADES/shelter TO ALLOW MORE PEOPLE TO WALK.IT WILL BE GOOD FOR HEALTH .MORE PEOPLE WALK,LESS VEHICLE ON THE ROAD.LIKE THE OLD DAYS.LARGE CROWD PREFERED TO WALK..

Exactly, such a simple solution but they dunno doing what. It will prob cost a couple of mil but ease 10-15% of traffic, especially on weekends.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor adds manpower to keep more immigration counters open
Thursday, Apr 14, 2016

JOHOR BARU - The state immigration department is beefing up its numbers at the two land crossings into Singapore after criticism that the immigration booths are not open especially during peak hours.

Additional manpower from other parts of the state and the headquarters is being deployed at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex (CIQ) and Sultan Abu Bakar CIQ complex at the Second Link.

Besides the bigger deployment, leave for almost 1,700 officers at these two locations has been frozen to ensure adequate manpower at the counters.

The CIQ in Johor Baru is currently manned by about 1,200 officers and there are 500 at the Second Link.

Previously, all the booths could not be opened due to staff shortage, those on medical leave and those taking their off days.

Johor immigration director Rohaizi Ibrahim, when contacted, said the new measures were taken from early this month.

"We are taking these measures as the immigration department is among the agencies being blamed for the congestion at the CIQs.

"Now we are opening almost all the counters all the time. My men are doing their best to provide good service to the people," he said , adding that he was monitoring this on a daily basis.

He said the traffic situation had improved but there were also other factors that contributed to the congestion.

"We know that these two connections into Singapore are important for our economy and my men will do their best to ensure good service," he said, adding that both the Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Khaled Nordin were also concerned.

Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar recently urged the department to keep all the booths open always as there were complaints that many of the booths were not open during peak hours and holidays.

The Ruler said he felt sorry for the thousands of Malaysians and Singaporeans who were stuck in traffic jams at the Causeway due to congestion, especially during holidays and the festive season.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malays...mmigration-counters-open#sthash.GhuUFBuD.dpuf

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this were to be on the Singapore side, the ICA will just tell you: "Your security is our utmost concern". Period. No further negotiations allowed.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor adds manpower to keep more immigration counters open

Went in at 3.00 PM yesterday through second link into Nusajaya. Noticed both bays open on the Singapore side and all lanes with most counters open on Malaysia side. No wait. Had the quickest crossing on a weekend. On the way back at around 9.00 PM no wait on Malaysia side but around 20 minutes backup at Singapore.

Recent news articles and Facebook posts etc seems to have made a difference. There has been efforts particularly on Malaysia side to make things faster.

That said, it is always questionable how long all this will last.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in at 3.00 PM yesterday through second link into Nusajaya. Noticed both bays open on the Singapore side and all lanes with most counters open on Malaysia side. No wait. Had the quickest crossing on a weekend. On the way back at around 9.00 PM no wait on Malaysia side but around 20 minutes backup at Singapore.

Recent news articles and Facebook posts etc seems to have made a difference. There has been efforts particularly on Malaysia side to make things faster.

That said, it is always questionable how long all this will last.

That is your experience, I went in on Saturday morning, yesterday at causeway, still the same, only some stalls open.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came back to SG last night around 8-9pm which is usually a shit show at the JB pedestrian checkpoint but to my surprise, all counters were open and the massive crowd was manageable. Some problems at the bus loading area but all in all, noticeably quicker crossing time, about 30-40% quicker. Keep it up.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at the woodlands check point on Saturday evening at around 645pm, ICA really sucks big time, got stuck for more than 2 hours there, realize they have close zone 3 and 4, still got the cheek to praise their ICa efficiency, PUI PUI PUI, going into JB customs was a breeze, zero traffic. really pissed nowadays, making us fools and idiots

And they are going to implement scanning of fingerprints for all visitors at checkpoints soon. Massive jams akan datang!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/thumbprint-scanners-to-be/2705636.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And they are going to implement scanning of fingerprints for all visitors at checkpoints soon. Massive jams akan datang!
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/thumbprint-scanners-to-be/2705636.html
was at the woodlands check point on Saturday evening at around 645pm, ICA really sucks big time, got stuck for more than 2 hours there, realize they have close zone 3 and 4, still got the cheek to praise their ICa efficiency, PUI PUI PUI, going into JB customs was a breeze, zero traffic. really pissed nowadays, making us fools and idiots
...back to SG last night around 8-9pm which is usually a shit show at the JB pedestrian checkpoint but to my surprise, all counters were open and the massive crowd was manageable. ...noticeably quicker crossing time, about 30-40% quicker. Keep it up.
What irony, and contrasting commute 2nd link vs causeway. My infrequent weekend forays across Msia (outside JB) always via the former, preferring to pay added costs with personal bias on latter's traffic grid on weekends. Even so, I time my return legs at 2nd link early before 1300 to beat the "peak".

Even so, I experienced the Sg "Q (with alternative lanes closed) over smooth Msian end. And biometric thingy will make it only worse off:rolleyes: