• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

Only opened 2 lanes at ciq ytd.
Stuck 2+ hrs in e queue for less 1km.:eek: 菜都凉了..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only opened 2 lanes at ciq ytd.
Stuck 2+ hrs in e queue for less 1km.:eek: 菜都凉了..

Extreme right lane under 'reno'. I cleared both sides in 1.5hrs yesterday. I feel last weekend was worse leh...hee

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can tell from LTA's cam that price mechanism works well.

Just made a return trip to JB today. Reached SG causeway a little past 09:00, and on return trip, cleared JB immigration just before 16:00. On both ways, there was only a short queue on SG side, right before I reach the immigration counters. It was queue"less" on JB side, as usual.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw on the traffic cam that the incoming traffic on 2nd link has a long queue at 6.30am today. Is this normal?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw on the traffic cam that the incoming traffic on 2nd link has a long queue at 6.30am today. Is this normal?

Seems normal. It was worse around mid of this year. The buses and human crowd at Woodlands checkpoint should be much worse though.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

If it is 'normal', I cannot imagine myself living in nusajaya and drives to work in sg everyday. That's looks like a 1.5 hr journey to tuas at the minimum. I will only consider buying one for retirement or holiday home, and the consideration for the selection is very different.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

Drove in from JB yest near midnight. JB/SG custom machiam Ghost town. :biggrin:
JB taman sentosa also fairly quiet. JB Biz owners jialut liao.
But the breeze thru Custom is a welcomed drive.
Esp after long drive from kl.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

The rich won't go to Johor as what they can enjoy they can get it in Singapore or KL further up. Johor currently is like a cowboy town. Nothing to attract the rich.
Only the middle class who want to stretch their sing dollars will go there.
And this people will be extremely mindful of the toll charges.
Hopefully the Malaysian govt will be aware of their miscalculation and revert before its too late.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no more impetus for those 4hr tripper to drive over near midnight to pump, eat supper and come back as the savings from the petrol all returned back to both CIQs.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very true. What ever is the Malaysian govt thinking of.
I think they were hoping that Singapore will not follow suit.
That way the increase might still be bearable.
Now with Singapore following, the Malaysia govt no face to u turn.
Else people will laugh at them.

So in a moment of folly, the people suffers and nobody benefits.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very true. What ever is the Malaysian govt thinking of.
I think they were hoping that Singapore will not follow suit.
That way the increase might still be bearable.
Now with Singapore following, the Malaysia govt no face to u turn.
Else people will laugh at them.

So in a moment of folly, the people suffers and nobody benefits.

Nobody benefits.....?what about the toll charges per car close to $6(can't remember actual) cost.Per day it can be thousands of dollars for Malaysia govt.

Why is it always seems Malaysia govt is the stupid ones.Yes they are are not as efficient but could there be a larger picture?

Na jib and less are very close and visits each other often.They don't know this is coming?Im pretty sure they know and planned this.

Perhaps researching about how people would reAct to the change (while earning some)so that they can p
An the train issues or extra bridge for that matter.

I am very doubtful that is no other reason Annnd we the common people happily jumped to conclusion/assumption.

The idea of toll was supposed to be in place longtime ago.Malaysian protested and they shelved it.

Why the need to force it now.true Malaysia govt need urgent income to their deficit but toll collection no matter how big can help but peanuts.they would rather give free entry where more people's visit and spend..now that would translate larger bigger income for the jb state.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm still scratching my head on who will benefit especially since this toll collections is peanuts. Why the punitive measures then?
Since this toll was rejected once in the past. Now they implement it, so the reason why they rejected it last time is not valid anymore?
Need some enlightenment here.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm still scratching my head on who will benefit especially since this toll collections is peanuts. Why the punitive measures then?
Since this toll was rejected once in the past. Now they implement it, so the reason why they rejected it last time is not valid anymore?
Need some enlightenment here.

It's because the govt don't want to pay for the EDL. And najib promised no EDL toll collection for JB'ians.
So they tolled people usin the CIQ.
Brilliant.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Definitely brilliant. One measure so many side effects. Really wonder at the long term strategy planning of the administrators.
Even Singapore had to asked for confirmation of the toll increase. They must also be scratching their heads at the rationale.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

The rich won't go to Johor as what they can enjoy they can get it in Singapore or KL further up. Johor currently is like a cowboy town. Nothing to attract the rich.
Only the middle class who want to stretch their sing dollars will go there.
And this people will be extremely mindful of the toll charges.
Hopefully the Malaysian govt will be aware of their miscalculation and revert before its too late.

You are right.
The rich ones will be more interested to go to playgrounds for the rich and JB was never their destination.
JB was and will never be a tourist city while those coming to JB are usually bargain hunters, value-for-$$ shoppers and of cos the "pump until full-full" petrol brigade.
Now with the tolls on both sides and petrol price narrowing, the incentives to come for this group will be negligible and their visits will sure to shrink dramatically.
The implementation of GST next year will only make the situation even worse, when even the bus traveling day trippers' spending will be affected.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

This afternoon was at KSL City Mall. The crowd seems like half the usual as compared to previous weekends. Even the queue at the TESCO payment counters was not much hassle and even not all the lanes were opened.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really surprise at the reduced crowd.
Johor is still not a mature tourism magnet yet.
Infrastructure and flip flop govt policies all add to the problems.
It's further exacerbated by the comparison with its immediate neighbor

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its year end with many holidays and I feel that the crowd will return to the JB's bigger mall and famous eateries. There are many who would like to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their hard earned $dollar$, myself included.

I may pay more to use the Causeway but I save time and fuel in return.