• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Not bad being a Malaysian (at least in JB)

Today at around 10.30 am, the traffic on both sides of the 1st link was smooth, only the hurdle at Singapore's Customs Check took around 10 minutes to clear. So on the whole, I consider it as clear. However, when I asked the Immigration Officer, he says the traffic is the same!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today at around 10.30 am, the traffic on both sides of the 1st link was smooth, only the hurdle at Singapore's Customs Check took around 10 minutes to clear. So on the whole, I consider it as clear. However, when I asked the Immigration Officer, he says the traffic is the same!

I can only boldly say that the Jam @ checkpoint is caused by the excess security check and laziness of our ICA officers.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can only boldly say that the Jam @ checkpoint is caused by the excess security check and laziness of our ICA officers.

I can see 2 problem for coming back to Sg side

Inefficient at the immigration checkpoint .. or sometimes insufficient opening of the counters..

Even if is smooth at the checkpoint.. The slowdown at the security check plus the bottleneck (exit point merge till left only 1 lane) will cause the jam all the way back to the counters..

So is LPPL!

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

Went in today via Tuas apps 12pm. SG 50% counter open. Some Traffic. Cleared in 20mins.
Msia side counters 90% opened. Cleared in 5mins.

Return via JB side. Msia customs 90% open. Cleared in 1min. No Q at all.
Spore side mini JAM. Took 30mins to clear.

* Angry as dun understand why for citizens gg in/out of SG our custom still wan tekan us.
Ask this ask that. Ask names. Check and slow pace. Take own sweet time. TMD
Pay extra $$$ toll for Fxxx

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

BATU PAHAT: The Government is in the final stages of coming up with a vehicle entry permit rate for foreign-registered vehicles that enter Malaysia via Johor.Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the Economic Planning Unit was still deliberating on the exact figure that should be imposed.“Personally, I think the figure will not exceed RM50 per trip,” he said here yesterday, adding that the fee was expected to be implemented by January.http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...-come-up-with-vehicle-entry-permit-rate-soon/

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's good news for occasional traveller, less jam at the ciq. Not so good news for the day tripper and all the businesses at JB, at least a 50% drop in business from singapore shoppers. Likely they are self sustained and no need bros from across the causeway to help their business, just like the way sg did.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's already 50% drop in business. This will kill it off totally.
Just plain idiocy

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's already 50% drop in business. This will kill it off totally.
Just plain idiocy

VEP by Malaysia at the 1st and 2nd links will slam the brake on Iskandar's growth, and possibly cause a price correction of 5-10% across all properties within 1 year of implementation. It will also cause inflation to go up in Singapore slightly.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
After S'pore had decided to match their toll & roll the ball back to the M'sia court.. In order not to "lose face", not surprise M'sia may go ahead to implement VEP on SG cars without any good reason lol

If that's the case.. So is back to square one that is cheaper to own a M'sia plate car & drive to S'pore to work everyday..
So S'pore should further increase VEP on M'sia cars from current $35 to $50..... See who die first! haha

So M'sia impose VEP on foreign cars will also be free from 5pm to 2am on weekdays... And all Sat, Sun & PH... Same as Sg? I doubt so lol

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm getting frustrated with all these govt talk about VEP implementation.
Please implement it asap and get it over with.
It seems like dangling a knife over investors heads with all these talks about such punitive measures.
Cut it in and reap the consequences both at the economic and political front.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes yes pls implement it fast. I am quite frustrated to see the long never ending Qs into JB during weekends and Friday nights

I'm getting frustrated with all these govt talk about VEP implementation.
Please implement it asap and get it over with.
It seems like dangling a knife over investors heads with all these talks about such punitive measures.
Cut it in and reap the consequences both at the economic and political front.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree JB could be unlike Singapore when it imposes the VEP fees, as reported in January 2015. It could be a great stumbling block for Great Iskandar, though MY seemed bo-chap on the consequences. Maybe they think by imposing the fees and the toll hikes, they use them as a means test and sieve out the richer investors, who are not afraid of paying the fees. And for the working class, it has to be a paradigm shift to take public transport after parking their cars or motor-cycles in the CIQ vicinity.....

These few days, the jam at both checkpoints have cleared. It seems that for now Singapore's reportedly efficient staff at the Checkpoints loses out to JB's Malaysia-boleh Immigration and Customs officers in terms of faster clearance.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree JB could be unlike Singapore when it imposes the VEP fees, as reported in January 2015. It could be a great stumbling block for Great Iskandar, though MY seemed bo-chap on the consequences. Maybe they think by imposing the fees and the toll hikes, they use them as a means test and sieve out the richer investors, who are not afraid of paying the fees. And for the working class, it has to be a paradigm shift to take public transport after parking their cars or motor-cycles in the CIQ vicinity.....

These few days, the jam at both checkpoints have cleared. It seems that for now Singapore's reportedly efficient staff at the Checkpoints loses out to JB's Malaysia-boleh Immigration and Customs officers in terms of faster clearance.

If Malaysia Implement VEP, then it is their to lose. If VEP is implemented, the toll charges will be cut. There has been secret talks between Johor official and Singapore's LTA to half the toil charges, according to my little squarrel

Eventually, if VEP is implemented, the toll charges at CIQ will be scrapped.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Malaysia Implement VEP, then it is their to lose. If VEP is implemented, the toll charges will be cut. There has been secret talks between Johor official and Singapore's LTA to half the toil charges, according to my little squarrel

Eventually, if VEP is implemented, the toll charges at CIQ will be scrapped.

It was reported in Zaobao that 陈书北 (Chinese liaison officer to Johor Chief Minister) is proposing to scrap or reduce the toll charges after VEH (RM20 to RM50) is implemented. I would expect a tic-for-tat reaction from LTA to impose an equivalent VEH on MY cars (which will now also cover off-peak/weekends), so we are back to square 1 in the end.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported in Zaobao that 陈书北 (Chinese liaison officer to Johor Chief Minister) is proposing to scrap or reduce the toll charges after VEH (RM20 to RM50) is implemented. I would expect a tic-for-tat reaction from LTA to impose an equivalent VEH on MY cars (which will now also cover off-peak/weekends), so we are back to square 1 in the end.

Traffic is indeed smooth after they implement the $13 toll. I love it.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best part is when SG upped the tolls to match MY, the jiu hu kias were saying that they were being robbed by SG govt as all they wanted was to work in SG and earn 3 square meals, they don't stop to think that in the first place why do they need to come to SG to earn 3 square meals? If MY economy cannot provide jiu hu Kias 3 square meals, it means that the Govt is robbing them by not creating enough jobs or runaway inflation, so now if MY applies the VEP the Govt would be robbing them even more, the jiu hu kias better know who is the real robber.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL… They know wan la… Juz typical human behavior likes to kpkp lor.
Coz seriously their Govt kbkb also useless so they kbkb SG hope SG u-turn lor.
But your point is so valid and factual…

Kudos!
:wink:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just sent a feedback to ICA via their portal:

On 1 Nov'14 at around 7:55 a.m., I was driving back from Malaysia through Woodlands checkpoint, and was using Lane 3.

At 7:55 a.m., all the car counters at Lane 3 were either marked 'red' or unopened due to 'shift change'. Effectively I had no car counters for passport clearance, and had to use a 'red' counter instead.

The immigration officer asked a totally reasonable and fair question as to why I was using the 'red' counter, but the bigger picture is that I and other car drivers did not have any options at all.

May I suggest that at least 1 green car counter (preferably the final customs counter of each car lane), be kept opened during 'shift change' to avoid confusing drivers on customs clearance? Thank you.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah u don't JHK here JHK there can or not? They don't like us to label them as such. Its a universal fact.

My neighbor in my office still call me lian-bang ren just because of my strong Ipoh/Taiping accent. Feels like vomiting into him as this old fart never need to waste 2 years in NS but still call me Lian Bang Ren.

The best part is when SG upped the tolls to match MY, the jiu hu kias were saying that they were being robbed by SG govt as all they wanted was to work in SG and earn 3 square meals, they don't stop to think that in the first place why do they need to come to SG to earn 3 square meals? If MY economy cannot provide jiu hu Kias 3 square meals, it means that the Govt is robbing them by not creating enough jobs or runaway inflation, so now if MY applies the VEP the Govt would be robbing them even more, the jiu hu kias better know who is the real robber.