• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGD Strong, Ringgit Weak

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
64GB IPad Air 2 WIFI
Malaysia Apple Store online selling for RM2045 (including Malaysia GST n delivery)
Singapore Apple Store online selling for S$828 (including Singapore GST n delivery)
The price difference is S$100 (>10% margin)

Imagine you are a wholesaler in Malaysia
- you claim back Malaysia GST for export (if possible)
- you enjoy a lower cost because you don't need delivery service from Apple
- you sell in Singapore, consumers pay Sngapore GST

The gross-profit margin might be more than S$100

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is very close to bank spot.

Tell you a secret, during my last trip Penang the money changer quoted spot-rate when i sold SGD for ringgit,
No mark-up for RUN selling SGD
They will mark up 2.5 sen margin if you are doing the opposite (sell MYR)

I couldn't believe it at first.
absolutely no commission or spread because the local chinese community wanna hold as much SGD as possible
Penang, being in the far north, maybe SGD supply is not as abundant as Johor.

Perhaps they are anticipating the RM to drop further. Hence the tendency to hold S$ and also US$ too.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
just a observation , not to counter any of the postings in this thread.

when rate is 2.7/2.8 people rash in to exchange
do they deal in large amount like $5K , 10K ?
a week later the rate is 2.9 , do these people exchange again ?
what is the purpose ?
or they just change a few hundreds , a thousand or two so they
can buy things from malaya ?
when rate is 2.9 ,they repeat the same process ?
how many times they want do this ?

Wah Lau you really sheltered, these transactions done by Malaysian working in Singapore, they will change thousands as part of their salary, sometimes they wait or they may change periodically.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jiu hu kia Tonychat must be having a good time. Earning peanuts in SGD and when converted to RM, he gets a lot.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Lau you really sheltered, these transactions done by Malaysian working in Singapore, they will change thousands as part of their salary, sometimes they wait or they may change periodically.

i referring to sillypootians lah.
it is the sillypootians who praising the Pee ah Pee for making the $ so strong.
and they are expecting the ringgit to drop further.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost $700 million went into Malaysia PM's personal account: WSJ
http://www.todayonline.com/world/almost-700-million-went-malaysia-pms-personal-account-wsj

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak had close to $700 million in deposits from troubled state fund 1MDB wired into his personal account, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing documents from a government probe.

..into his personnal account...this is like openly tell everyone that ...i run the country..I do what I like..

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
..into his personnal account...this is like openly tell everyone that ...i run the country..I do what I like..

Leaked video, his wife needs people to help her put on shoes
once again ringgit tanked to 2.80 against SGD

[video=youtube;p1i4BxZ-k3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1i4BxZ-k3Y[/video]

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Chio Malaysian girl wore decently in jeans and high-collar blouse got blocked because her blouse no sleeves.
http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/‘i-thought-i-was-dressed-decently’

20150703_Dressing_TheStar.jpg

Maximum Boleh! hits new-high closing the week at 2.815

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

KUALA LUMPUR — Attacked by Putrajaya, US daily Wall Street Journal (WSJ) has insisted that its latest report on a money trail of some US$700 million (S$942.02 million) from 1 Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) into the personal bank accounts of Prime Minister Najib Razak are based on “solid” and “reliable” documents known to top government officials investigating the state investor’s finances.
http://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/wsj-defends-explosive-najib-1mdb-reports-lawsuit-looms