• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hokkaido May 2014

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hokkaido is famous for its seafood exporting throughout the world. So when one arrives at the Chitose Airport one will be greeted by a supermarket which is more like seafood market.

[video=youtube;z6c9H2X9toU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6c9H2X9toU[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrive at Sapporo JR Station from the airport - took only 36 mins and cost of reserve seat ticket is 1,380 yen.

Sapporo JR Station

[video=youtube;CMpWgesmHvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMpWgesmHvQ[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast on board

Fruits

Main

Due to my current juicing I only want to eat the vege and mushrooms and just a little egg, don't know why don't feel like having the ham. Before I sure whack finish all.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did not make any car rental reservation so a little panicky today because its the Japanese Golden Week holiday and was told too late to book. So went for a walk and bumped into Nippon Rent-A-Car just a short walk from hotel. So lucky they have cars available so rented a Subaru Imprezza for 4 days picking it up tomorrow. Including insurance will cost 44k YEN or $540. I believe will be cheaper if I'd booked earlier in the internet. Still its cheap for us sinkies compared to Singapore rates.

Yesterday also rushed my staff to go apply for my Thailand International Driving Permit so lucky here in Japan they don't care to look at any license they just want this International Driving Permit

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here in Sapporo is also famous for their ramen and happen to see this

[video=youtube;ulVJjVPtiCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVJjVPtiCY[/video]

Cool chair very relaxing

Got to use this vending machine to make payment and issue ticket for kitchen to cook

Here comes the noodle

Just so you know if anyone is interested

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Walking along the main Suzukino street looking for dinner this evening and came into this restaurant Naodori

Girl preparing drinks

The starter

Boss making BBQ

BBQ Chicken

BBQ Pork

BBQ Minced pork

BBQ Chilis

and lots and lots of sake in between the above dishes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Spring just arrived, Sakura just starting to bloom, these photos taken at an old government building close to my hotel

Looks like I've came at a right time.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just back from the hotel's public bath and hot spring. It opens at 6am to 9am and then 3pm to 1am (its funny a sign outside the entrane says 1500 - 2500). Was there yesterday afternoon too guess I'll go everyday.

There's no one in the bath to service customers so all customers got to bring their own towels and shavers and tooth brush etc. Only soap, shampoo, hair tonic, aftershave provided.

I was the last to leave so no one around I took these photos.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Drove to Otaru about 40km away from Sapporo for a special sushi restaurant Takara Sushi reputed to be the best sushi restaurant in Otaru

Arrived in the rented car

Restaurant

Inside

The owner

Some of his creation for us

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After Otaru drove another 75km to this place Cape Kamui. A very beautiful place like at the very end of the world feeling

Hope you enjoy the short video

[video=youtube;tvwrquijC3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwrquijC3I[/video]

Had a funny feeling at the very end, like anticipating Godzilla to rise from the sea.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After visiting the Cape Kamui it's almost time for dinner so stopped by another sushi restaurant

Abalone and Octopus sahimi

Maguro Sashimi

Hokkei

White fish sashimi over steamed rice