• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retiring in Thailand

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thailand is among the top 6 cuntries in the world for "lowest-cost" retirement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/words-lowest-cost-living-retirement-212000732.html

Malaysia: Another Asian country where English is widely spoken, Malaysia welcomes foreign retirees with a program called “Malaysia My Second Home” – it’s a 10-year social visa that is easily renewed. The excellent, inexpensive healthcare makes Malaysia a hotspot for medical tourism as well. The climate is tropical, with warm nights, warmer days and plenty of rain, but the beautiful beaches, friendly people and low crime rate make up for the drizzle. Plus, you can live comfortably here for about $1,700 a month or less.

Thailand: Often called “The Land of Smiles,” Thailand is home to approximately 4,000 US retirees. With stunning beaches, tropical climate and exotic culture, there’s a lot to smile about. Although the Thai language is challenging, many Thais speak English, especially in the larger cities. Medical care is excellent, and the crime rate is low. Best of all, for just $1,800 a month, you can live very comfortably, even luxuriously in many parts of the country. To qualify for a long-stay visa, you’ll need to be over 50, have no criminal record, be in good health and be able to show that you receive income of at least $2,000 per month.

Between mudland and Thailand, which one to choose?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Between mudland and Thailand, which one to choose?

you forget to mention the philippines. it's 1 of 3 cuntries in south east asia that are on the list of 6. but i wouldn't pick pinay puntang over thai twats or m&d pies. and between thai twats and m&d pies, nothing beats the golden cb of sg. sg is the best IMO for retirement in that region. sg and pap are the best! :biggrin:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is 2015, anyone know the latest on Singaporean staying long-term in Thailand due to the AEC regulations?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Want to ask if it is easy to get PR or citizenship in Thailand? Was thinking of letting go SG citizenship to unlock the money for immigration/retirement. Not now but must start planning

williamangkh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retiring in Thailand is my life long dream.
Now living/working in Thailand for over 8 years and still loving it....and working toward my dream.