• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to go for Bakutay?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even ex Thai PM thaksin goes for Ng Ah Sio....they now have an aircon branch along tanjong katong.
You can say its famous for serving foreign politicians.

For celebs favourite BKT joint....it's founders along balestier though I find it overrated.

My thai friend likes Bakutay. This is the store I will recommend. However I don't think he's a Thaksin supporter:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go jb, next to ksl.
At 順順肉骨茶 dinner now.

Actually the last time I ate bakutay was in JB. I had to stay over overnight because I was undergoing medical treatment in JB. It was next door to the hotel & it was the only place open that late at night, about 12.30 am:eek:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays don't go out much, so really lost when it comes to the food scene. Where can one get good Bakutay:confused:
The last time I had Bakutay was some place at Rangoon Road. Is it still there:confused:

Don't drive now . Are there places where one can get to conveniently e.g. nearby to MRT

I know you're pretty health conscious so why you wanna eat bkt?

Please buy a bowl of bkt and leave it in your fridge for about six hours and you'll see an inch thick of pig's fat.

If you must eat bkt, I suggest that you prepare it at home where you can discard most of the scum and fat from the pork-bone meat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please buy a bowl of bkt and leave it in your fridge for about six hours and you'll see an inch thick of pig's fat.

If you must eat bkt, I suggest that you prepare it at home where you can discard most of the scum and fat from the pork-bone meat.

Yes I am know vigilant about eating healthy but it doesn't mean that I've become a vegetarian. There's some who argue that eating carbohydrates & sugars is what is causing the epidemic of health problems?
I suspect the cause of my poor health was from drinking too much coke & pepsi.

The last time I ate bakutay was about 3 years & prior to that about 7 years.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I am know vigilant about eating healthy but it doesn't mean that I've become a vegetarian. There's some who argue that eating carbohydrates & sugars is what is causing the epidemic of health problems?
I suspect the cause of my poor health was from drinking too much coke & pepsi.

The last time I ate bakutay was about 3 years & prior to that about 7 years.

Coke & pepsi contain high level of sugar. You can actually commit suicide by drinking them.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one mention about Lor. 21 stall, used to have long Q,
still there? me, long time never eat at geylang liao.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

dun give yourself too much stress when you eat....just enjoy the food, all u know the stress is the more unhealthy element!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to buy some Bakutay spices for a friend. His wife is a cook. Have eaten the dish but never cooked it. So I am clueless about which brand to buy.

Anyone have a recommendation on which brand I should go for & where I can buy it from :confused:

TIA

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to buy some Bakutay spices for a friend. His wife is a cook. Have eaten the dish but never cooked it. So I am clueless about which brand to buy.

Anyone have a recommendation on which brand I should go for & where I can buy it from :confused:

TIA

Buy Song Fa

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hawker food in malaysia always surpassed singapore, not mass produced in factory of chain companies.

WRR to BKT.....Malaysia lose hands down in this instance.
Their BKT is hokkien style....herbal type....even their famous 巴生 (klang) BKT also cmi

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember, when I was about 15.. I tried my first BKT.. and the soup was dark and the taste was so good, I vowed to eat it every week. I did for 3 months.. until the stall closed and moved away.. now.. I can't find it anymore.. most bkt nowadays are clear.. not the dark awesome one that I had in my teens.