• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to go for Bakutay?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was that the one Donald Tsang(HK gov't) wanted to try when he visited Spore:confused:

Is it true that when the owner was approached about opening it for the VIP, he refused:smile:

The owner did not know Donald Tsang was coming. If was the staff who rejected. That staff got sacked after the owner found out about it from the newspaper.

Donald Tsang later went to Ah Hwa Bak Kut Teh at Outram Park, which has since moved to PSA Tanjong Pagar Complex.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The owner did not know Donald Tsang was coming. If was the staff who rejected. That staff got sacked after the owner found out about it from the newspaper.

Donald Tsang later went to Ah Hwa Bak Kut Teh at Outram Park, which has since moved to PSA Tanjong Pagar Complex.

If it is good enough for Donald Tsang then must have some standard. The only problem is that PSA Tanjong Pagar is not very accessible by public transport.

These places must be very crowded during lunch time. What time is the best time to visit these places if I want to avoid the crowds?

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays don't go out much, so really lost when it comes to the food scene. Where can one get good Bakutay:confused:
The last time I had Bakutay was some place at Rangoon Road. Is it still there:confused:

Don't drive now . Are there places where one can get to conveniently e.g. nearby to MRT

Lor 8 Toa Payoh Hock Kee Bakutay by that old auntie is my favourite.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Standard dropped to bottom after took over by a FI chain, the result of mass production.

Try Pasir Pajang distribution centre, formerly located at Eunos coffeeshop next to MRT. Cheap and nice.

Sin Zhou. This is probably the best value for money BKT in Sg.
Standard not bad still maintained from their eunos days.

Song Fa gone upmarket from their blanco court days but still ok.

Along balestier road got many joints....if you aren't too picky

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
one opposite national skin center, just beside PIE, near a small Chinese temple. The pig intestine in soy sauce is very good.

Nowadays don't go out much, so really lost when it comes to the food scene. Where can one get good Bakutay:confused:
The last time I had Bakutay was some place at Rangoon Road. Is it still there:confused:

Don't drive now . Are there places where one can get to conveniently e.g. nearby to MRT

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even ex Thai PM thaksin goes for Ng Ah Sio....they now have an aircon branch along tanjong katong.
You can say its famous for serving foreign politicians.

For celebs favourite BKT joint....it's founders along balestier though I find it overrated.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
217 Rangoon road, Ng Ah Sio pork rib soup.

If it is good enough for Donald Tsang then must have some standard. The only problem is that PSA Tanjong Pagar is not very accessible by public transport.

These places must be very crowded during lunch time. What time is the best time to visit these places if I want to avoid the crowds?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
johnny333 my favourite is always Eng Kee at AMK Ave 1 hawker centre market the stall is right in front of the bus stop along AMK Ave 1

The above photo taken last year

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian bak kut teh is more fragrant.

Ask this couple where they had theirs. It looks delicious.

1003668_597382826973555_419684414_n.jpg