• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

elderly sinkees left behind by english mioTv and redundant analogue TV

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really sucks to be senior citizens in Singapore. No job, No English, no hope, no money, no TV to watch next year, waiting to die.
Elderly Sinkees who do not understand this angmo language called English, is doomed.
Still, they voted PAP. I called this digging their own graves.

No wonder they are so dependent on their children for everything. Singapore do not make sense to them anymore. Even grandkids scold them for throwing away their little plastics called microSD cards.

On the other hand, elderly in angmo countries are still happy to live independent fulfilling lives.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time even without TV they still had 李大傻 and this for company:

F23CA3D17D39514F6A7EA3D124E.jpg

Radio now is just plain crappy.

Last edited:

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
analog tv will still work for another 2 years

It really sucks to be senior citizens in Singapore. No job, No English, no hope, no money, no TV to watch next year, waiting to die.
Elderly Sinkees who do not understand this angmo language called English, is doomed.

No wonder they are so dependent on their children for everything. Singapore do not make sense to them anymore. Even grandkids scold them for throwing away their little plastics called microSD cards.

On the other hand, elderly in angmo countries are still happy to live independent fulfilling lives.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old folks everyday sit at kopitiam or void deck,where got watch TV one.but I really pity old folks in Singapore.life in Singapore is so mundane,nothing to do.not like Australia so many things to see so many places to go.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old folks everyday sit at kopitiam or void deck,where got watch TV one.but I really pity old folks in Singapore.life in Singapore is so mundane,nothing to do.not like Australia so many things to see so many places to go.

Very true.
I see oz retirees going for Third Age activites and Having a go.

But I see Sinkees elderly turning to bank customer services for chit chat about everything else except the banking questions.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Once upon a time even without TV they still had 李大傻 and this for company:
F23CA3D17D39514F6A7EA3D124E.jpg

i would patiently chew a pencil on its end and holding a small piece of paper on the other hand whilst waiting for the 4D to be announced, then copy the numbers and run to my old woman and see if she struck lottery :p:p:p

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Me going Belize.

((Wendy, coming with yr cat?))

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attention the son of a thousand fathers who zapped me.
i am going to Belize now.
no internet.
so no need to reply.
yr Mother is coming with me with 3000 Banglas.
noneed reply.
just make sure you bring yr Mother for amedical checkup when she returns.
hahaha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smartphone is easier to operate than the button phone, even 3 year old kid can play game on it.

Anyone who has ever used an older Nokia phone can tell you that you have to memorise plenty of keystroke shortcuts. That's why when I was looking for a new phone, Nokia was at the bottom of my list.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAPpies want them to pay $120 to get license to sell tissue paper instead of rotting at home.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all know old age is a big problem n the greatest sin of all. As such y cant the gahmen do the humane but damn cost effective thing of getting rid of them like in Soylent Green? At least they die w dignity..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

that is because Ang Moh are the best!!