• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it illegal to inhale e-cigarettes in SG?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
ecig is a tiong invention. Its such a great invention that even the ang mohs are using it. Around 90% of ecigs products are made in china.
Must be a china made ecig...
The sad truth about ecig is that its evolving so fast that there are no standards inplace to guard against incident like this. I suspect this might be also a reason why its banned in Singapore. As long as there are no international consensus, Singapore will ban it. Unfortunately, with this sort of things, by the time a standard is in place Singapore would have to play catch up. As for tax, I actually don't mind it being taxed at gst rate. The issue is more to do with the government not able to accept a disruptive technology like ecig.
Exploding electrical devices are the concern of PSB or whichever agency in charge of doing QC tests on them. Not the HSA.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun think there is a law against using e-cigarette..........you can get it from the net, so many suppliers, and you can bring it back from overseas, but you cannot sell it or distribute it.

Just like prostitution is not illegal, but the soliciting is.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe there is, HSA has issued fines for people using eciqs. Too lazy to bother googling it. I leave that as an exercise for others here.

I dun think there is a law against using e-cigarette..........you can get it from the net, so many suppliers, and you can bring it back from overseas, but you cannot sell it or distribute it.

Just like prostitution is not illegal, but the soliciting is.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never say cannot inhale e cigarette leh...........only ban on distributors, selling and smuggling........but not the user.

What it mean by smugglers? You mean there is tax to possess e cigarette vaporizor and refills?

The rest of the article is a load of hogwash........where got people will pick up smoking habit using e cigarettes? Nonsense lah.
Show the evidence or any scientific study that points to this, then can believe HSA........talking cock, shake leg and push blame to others is perhaps its forte.....Show evidence lah.................nicotine patches and gum can, why this cannot?

A8KoNgQ.png

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally know of people going back to analogue because they are cheaper compared to the gums/patches. success rate is 10% at best for them. I suspect for ecig it will be closer to 30%
Never say cannot inhale e cigarette leh...........only ban on distributors, selling and smuggling........but not the user.

What it mean by smugglers? You mean there is tax to possess e cigarette vaporizor and refills?

The rest of the article is a load of hogwash........where got people will pick up smoking habit using e cigarettes? Nonsense lah.
Show the evidence or any scientific study that points to this, then can believe HSA........talking cock, shake leg and push blame to others is perhaps its forte.....Show evidence lah.................nicotine patches and gum can, why this cannot?

A8KoNgQ.png

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I personally know of people going back to analogue because they are cheaper compared to the gums/patches. success rate is 10% at best for them. I suspect for ecig it will be closer to 30%

Yeah lor......HSA boh gnaw lah...........You know why e cigarette will succeeed in helping to kick habit? This is because one can take one puff and then put it down, unlike those that need to light one...........must smoke finish it. The pure action of taking just puff already takes care of the habit..........Smoking is 80% habit and 20% nicotine............because no one gets addicted to cigarettes........never, but usually gets addicted to the habit of smoking.

Liddat HSA also dun understand.............really fucked carp.........:rolleyes: