• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help on landed property in JB

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Field report!! :smile:

meridian 2 1/2 story terrace house
24x70

location is kempas utama. take edl --> kempas, going to senai, on the left
the taman is g&g.. guard quite prof.
whole taman is indeed nice and lots of greenery
house is big and nice.
it's basically a 2 story house with an extra 1/2 floor like additional living room on the 3rd floor. but this top floor no toilet.
very high ceilings
tiles used are nice too. stair bannister is chromed. balcony with tempered glass. stainless steel front gate.
actual built up;; take with pinch of salt. the actual house is 24x54 for 1st/2nd floor, and 3rd floor is about 600sft so the house BU is probly 3000+sft ... the driveway (fully tiled) is about 15-16 ft long (ie fit two cars side by side).
but location isn't that great. the commercial shops outside lifeless, nobody around, 90% of the shops are shuttered up. opposite is kempas industrial area. area looks a bit messy. good thing is very close to entry to NS Hway --> singapore.
also can see HTC about 2-3 km away.
personally i feel it's a bit exp given the location
but the house and inside the taman itself is ... thumbs up.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy then keep for 5 years for commercial area to improve its vibrancy. If one is looking for somewhere peaceful with big build up, this one is good.

I think in next few years, more Chinese in nearby states will shift to southern JB to stay n work.

/0m0\

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi great to know you have bought a unit in Pelangi Indah, I bought a corner unit 5 years ago at about RM $400,000, at Jln Ayu 27, this place is very popular with the local , plenty of foods to choose and there is a mid size shopping mall Mydin Shopping Mall coming soon.The 3rd phase development should be ready in oct '14 not too many units.

My parents bought for $580k 24*80 intermediate unit with land area of 1920sqft and built up area of 2064 sqft whole my in laws bought for $691k 24*75 end unit with land area of 1800sqft with extra land 1987sqft and built up area of 2045sqft. Honestly i'm not sure if the location is ideal but was suprised ppl queued 6 days before the launch. Developer and lawyer told me the 1 million threshold is confirm while maybank banker told me otherwise.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Field report!! :smile:

meridian 2 1/2 story terrace house
24x70

location is kempas utama. take edl --> kempas, going to senai, on the left
the taman is g&g.. guard quite prof.
whole taman is indeed nice and lots of greenery
house is big and nice.
it's basically a 2 story house with an extra 1/2 floor like additional living room on the 3rd floor. but this top floor no toilet.
very high ceilings
tiles used are nice too. stair bannister is chromed. balcony with tempered glass. stainless steel front gate.
actual built up;; take with pinch of salt. the actual house is 24x54 for 1st/2nd floor, and 3rd floor is about 600sft so the house BU is probly 3000+sft ... the driveway (fully tiled) is about 15-16 ft long (ie fit two cars side by side).
but location isn't that great. the commercial shops outside lifeless, nobody around, 90% of the shops are shuttered up. opposite is kempas industrial area. area looks a bit messy. good thing is very close to entry to NS Hway --> singapore.
also can see HTC about 2-3 km away.
personally i feel it's a bit exp given the location
but the house and inside the taman itself is ... thumbs up.

The project is near completion. I think should be able to obtain CFO by later part of this year right?

My view in that area is the same as yours.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The project is near completion. I think should be able to obtain CFO by later part of this year right?

yup the houses (first few row anyway) almost completed..
one other thing for me not so ideal.. cannot find roasted pork rice to eat.. :smile: have to drive to setia indah, impian emas..

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

my opinion, if don't have such a big family.. the earlier phase mesmeria 2 story if can get 640k is better. basically save 150k for the attic. but the attic quite cute lei. :smile:

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am actually helping my parents to finding a landed property in Johor for their stay and not investment. I heard about the new rule of 1st May regarding the threshold of 1 Million RM and therefore rushing for them before the new rule kicks in. Any suggestions for a reputable developer and landed development hopefully not too far from CIQ?

Thanks.

Can considere Bandar Seri Alam near Regency Hospital .Can use CPF to pay medical expenses and higher ground near golf court.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider Bandar Dato Onn. The houses in BDO is much better than Pelangi indah bcos the location evade traffic jam. Is always congested and heavy jam to Pelangi indah area. I also heard the lake there is not safe anymore bcos many suspicious people walking there.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I head BDO house materials very crap n cheapskate. Even if u are guy u can get raped cos I heard BDO lousy safety. But I am sure there are people who think I am talking nonsense and only want to promote Pelangi Indah. If so scared. Pls stay in father bungalow house in Singapore n don't buy Malaysia property. Based on what he say BDO houses are the best in JB. Don't bother buying from setia or Eco world or seri Austin If anything go wrong pls look for BDO supporter cos he actively promoting BDO house as the best investment in JB n Singapore m batam.

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, how's the house so far?

hi guys sorry for the late reply…thanks for all the replies...really busy for the past few days in and out of jb. we managed to get 2-storey terrace at chantique phase 2 in taman pelangi indah. hopefully all goes well. may i ask is the 11k stamp duty + levy paid after we get the house or pay now?

thanks.