• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help on landed property in JB

untitled

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys sorry for the late reply…thanks for all the replies...really busy for the past few days in and out of jb. we managed to get 2-storey terrace at chantique phase 2 in taman pelangi indah. hopefully all goes well. may i ask is the 11k stamp duty + levy paid after we get the house or pay now?

thanks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys sorry for the late reply…thanks for all the replies...really busy for the past few days in and out of jb. we managed to get 2-storey terrace at chantique phase 2 in taman pelangi indah. hopefully all goes well. may i ask is the 11k stamp duty + levy paid after we get the house or pay now?

thanks.

Congrats to getting the house you want. I only paid when the State Consent was given but there was a sheet given to me to inform the expected charges during booking. But some bro/sis here paid earlier. I think it depends on legal firm.

You are a Singaporean or Malaysian?

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much you paid for 2-storey terrace at chantique phase 2 ??

thanks.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks.

I presume you meant Stamp Duty on the Memorandum of Transfer (MOT), judging by the amount. It would be after the developer transfers the title to you. I heard from many that this will take 4 to 5 years after VP.

For the levy, which I presume is the State Levy, it would be immediate upon signing of SPA. Note by now, the lawyer would be asking for 2% of your SPA price for the levy, excluding other application and disbursement costs.

There may be other fees like Legal Fees for both the SPA and Loan, depending if they are subsidized by the developer.

untitled

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much you paid for 2-storey terrace at chantique phase 2 ??

My parents bought for $580k 24*80 intermediate unit with land area of 1920sqft and built up area of 2064 sqft whole my in laws bought for $691k 24*75 end unit with land area of 1800sqft with extra land 1987sqft and built up area of 2045sqft. Honestly i'm not sure if the location is ideal but was suprised ppl queued 6 days before the launch. Developer and lawyer told me the 1 million threshold is confirm while maybank banker told me otherwise.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks.

congrats. i was just mentioning chantique in the other post. xxxxxx (edited)

stamp duty - normally developer will absorb it. check with them again, levy, you need to check with your lawyer. it takes time for the state consent to be approved.

[your posts don't appear immediately becos you are moderated for your first couple of dozens of posts. so just post and wait half a day/

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents bought for $580k 24*80 intermediate unit with land area of 1920sqft and built up area of 2064 sqft whole my in laws bought for $691k 24*75 end unit with land area of 1800sqft with extra land 1987sqft and built up area of 2045sqft. Honestly i'm not sure if the location is ideal but was suprised ppl queued 6 days before the launch. Developer and lawyer told me the 1 million threshold is confirm while maybank banker told me otherwise.

wonderful! price is good. have you seen the surrounding? the big lake / town park (near jln pesona) is huge and rather pretty. in the evening can see lots of ppl walking their dog, doing taichi etc. i think i'ts a nice area, underappreciated. also there will be a new east west link at the northen side, i think linked to persiaran pelangi indah. that link will cut across west ward and connect to seri austin --> EDL.
btw, i have a feeling the stamp duty will be absorbed by developer. check with them again.
this phase i heard is fully sold out.

Last edited:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1SIK-KgMk

untitled

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonderful! price is good. have you seen the surrounding? the big lake / town park (near jln pesona) is huge and rather pretty. in the evening can see lots of ppl walking their dog, doing taichi etc. i think i'ts a nice area, underappreciated. also there will be a new east west link at the northen side, i think linked to persiaran pelangi indah. that link will cut across west ward and connect to seri austin --> EDL.
btw, i have a feeling the stamp duty will be absorbed by developer. check with them again.
this phase i heard is fully sold out.

Yes i came last Fri there were already 36 people in queue. I heard they queued since 5 days before the launch day on Saturday. They paid 500RM per day for the queue. There was a total of 68 units and when i came on Saturday the numbers for the lot already taken up. We were 4th and 5th on waiting list and thankfully there were few units left. The units were all taken up but i'm still don't understand why there were so much demand considering the location is not really near to town.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i came last Fri there were already 36 people in queue. I heard they queued since 5 days before the launch day on Saturday. They paid 500RM per day for the queue. There was a total of 68 units and when i came on Saturday the numbers for the lot already taken up. We were 4th and 5th on waiting list and thankfully there were few units left. The units were all taken up but i'm still don't understand why there were so much demand considering the location is not really near to town.

its cheap.
and the developer got some name in JB. they developed taman perling since the 80s-90s and d'serambi @ perling is also their project.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

bulk purchasers are local. Interest in buying start in these few years. Places like Taman Mutiara, Kangkar Pulai, Pulai areas also start to get "hot" from the locals. The location is far worst than your but due to proximity to Tuas second link and much cheaper than elsewhere esp nusajaya /bukit indah, it still makes a good choice. The price of food and drink is lower as compared to many areas in JB.

Congrat to your GOOD buy.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
bulk purchasers are local. Interest in buying start in these few years. Places like Taman Mutiara, Kangkar Pulai, Pulai areas also start to get "hot" from the locals. The location is far worst than your but due to proximity to Tuas second link and much cheaper than elsewhere esp nusajaya /bukit indah, it still makes a good choice. The price of food and drink is lower as compared to many areas in JB.

Congrat to your GOOD buy.

pulai == less chinese shops. may have to hunt longer for char siew siew yoke fan. it's a nice laid back place . time to relook mont callista???

Last edited: