• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - Apr 2014 - PM should be careful with name-calling over PID issue

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe premature to accuse the PM Lee. According to news reports, the organisers of the PID have yet to apply for police permit. The Police may reject it. The PID have not been given green light yet. Then govt can whack SDP for this inaccurate article. This SDP article may damage SDP's reputation in the end. SDP need to be careful about what they say about the PID issue instead. Only when the event has been staged with the govt blessing, this article may be appropriate. Govt can change their mind about "blessing" the PID just to discredit SDP yet once again.

No permit for Philippine event yet
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/no-permit-philippine-event-yet

There is also the issue of public assembly. The Government's handling of the matter hardly inspires confidence. Does the PID event at Orchard Road have a permit? If yes (which, presumably, it does), then why were Malaysians arrested for holding a public event following their country's elections in 2013? Why were the Burmese stopped from their gathering (also at Orchard Road) to call for the stop of bloodshed in Myanmar?

Back then, the police had warned that foreigners "should not import their domestic issues from their countries into Singapore and conduct activities which can disturb public order, as there can be groups with opposing views."

More importantly, why are Singaporeans banned from commemorating events in our own country when Filipinos are given the green light? Members of the SDP were even prosecuted for marking National Day in 2008.

Then there are PAP MPs and Government-led organisations who are allowed to stage protests, including protests in security-sensitive areas like Parliament House. That right, however, is denied the opposition.

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe premature to accuse the govt. According to news reports, the organisers of the PID have yet to apply for police permit. The Police may reject it. The PID have not been given green light yet. Then govt can whack SDP for this inaccurate article. This SDP article may damage SDP's reputation in the end.

No permit for Philippine event yet
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/no-permit-philippine-event-yet

Hi mei mei (nice name! pretty pretty!),

Did you read the words of the SDP article carefully?

Does the PID event at Orchard Road have a permit? If yes (which, presumably, it does), ....

I presume you know the meaning of "question mark?", "if", and "presumably", don't you??? :smile:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi WP brothers, what are your/your party's views (the opposition party with the most seats in parliament-no views?), as requested by bro. borom? Thanks :smile:

The question here is not what other party's views are but what is the true view of the SDP.

Former chairman Jufrie Mahmood once likened Singaporeans as "Blind Sheep" voting for the PAP. If that is not name calling. Can the SDP live up to their own standards.

This is a result from part or most of the SDP that still holds to these false beliefs:
1. Speaking makes you the king
2. It is better to speak the wrong things than not speaking up

Agree with Mei. Jumping the gun, not the first we've seen.

Last edited:

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mei mei (nice name! pretty pretty!),

Did you read the words of the SDP article carefully?

I presume you know the meaning of "question mark?", "if", and "presumably", don't you??? :smile:

But then you didn't read what you wrote:

More importantly, why are Singaporeans banned from commemorating events in our own country when Filipinos are given the green light?

SDP cannot be contradicting herself. On one hand you say "if", "presumably" etc, on the other, you say Filipinos given the green light. No green light has been given as no permit was applied.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question here is not what other party's views are but what is the true view of the SDP.

Former chairman Jufrie Mahmood once likened Singaporeans as "Blind Sheep" voting for the PAP. If that is not name calling. Can the SDP live up to their own standards.

This is a result from part or most of the SDP that still holds to these false beliefs:
1. Speaking makes you the king
2. It is better to speak the wrong things than not speaking up

Agree with Mei. Jumping the gun, not the first we've seen.

Hi bro tanwahp, same advice to you as what I have just given to mei mei --> read carefully before you jump the gun (in your own words!) and before you reply. :smile:

The SDP did NOT ask for your/your party's views. Our forum brother borom asked for WP's views. I am not sure why bro. borom asked that question. You may ask bro. borom why, ok? Thanks.

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But then you didn't read what you wrote:

SDP cannot be contradicting herself. On one hand you say "if", "presumably" etc, on the other, you say Filipinos given the green light. No green light has been given as no permit was applied.

Again, please read carefully. Thanks.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SDP did NOT ask for your/your party's views.

Even before winning any seats, I sense some arrogance in this post.

When you post in a forum, expect to get some comments/feedback/replies.

Nothing wrong with making a mistake, if there is one. Not saying that you did or did not, your reply about "not asking for views" implied that SDP do not like to be questioned. How can SDP be accountable if it cannot face criticism?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SDP did NOT ask for your/your party's views. Our forum brother borom asked for WP's views. I am not sure why bro. borom asked that question. You may ask bro. borom why, ok? Thanks.

Apply your own advice to yourself please. I didn't say SDP asked for my views but I can still give my views.

Not sure what is your intention in re-pasting a post that you didn't write. Whatever the case, it doesn't change the facts I have laid out:
1. The SDP has issues with keeping with its principles. Like how it wanted unity but was first in wanting to step into a ward previously contested by another opposition party which it didn't contest.
2. The SDP blindly believes that "Speaking is King".

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even before winning any seats, I sense some arrogance in this post.

When you post in a forum, expect to get some comments/feedback/replies.

Nothing wrong with making a mistake, if there is one. Not saying that you did or did not, your reply about "not asking for views" implied that SDP do not like to be questioned. How can SDP be accountable if it cannot face criticism?

Hi mei mei, I am sorry if you sense some arrogance in my post. It was not my intention. If you have carefully read this thread from the beginning, you would realize that the part about the "WP's views" was in response to a post by our brother borom.

Of course, SDP would always welcome constructive views and feedback. Our bro scroobal asked a question earlier in the thread, and I replied promptly. The important point of difference is that: there are questions/views/feedback that are constructive and there are some that are destructive. We are all busy people, and those that are destructive are better ignored. Thanks. :smile:

PAPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The important point of difference is that: there are questions/views/feedback that are constructive and there are some that are destructive. We are all busy people, and those that are destructive are better ignored. Thanks. :smile:

That sounds so much like us and how we deal with Chee Soon Juan! Glad that SDP is joining PAP club! Welcum!!