• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Politics & Identity & Language - the Lee Family Story

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Politics & Identity & Language - the Lee Family Story

Do you know where the problem lies?

It has to do with the Malaysian Chinese chiu hu kia, Johor Ah Beng, that come to work in Singapore. 300,000 chiu hu kia crossed the Causeway everyday to work in Singapore and go back to Johor and most of them are in Chinese school and max Form 5 only.

They lack English language skill and start to from their fuck engrish and because of workplace Singaporean have to use their AH Beng engrish at work. I know because I worked in those type of work environment and overtime you have to go down to their level.

Where do you think Singlish come from? This is the problem today when you have bad or lousy neighbors and they drag you down to their level.

It is better to leave this SEA region and take your children to clever country, IMO. More you live in Singapore your children will be dragged down to the bad neighbor level. Now with Pinoy coming in it will get worst, more bad neighbors entered Singapore, I'll leave it to your imagination how it is going to be in 2030, start speaking in Tagalog?

Even Dr. M said Malaysian are copycat which mean they are cheat too; a copycat is a cheat.

Sorry about the earlier reply, I have to cut it short to attend to dinner. I was about to write that on a regular basis I usually mentioned that Singaporean do not speak English but rather Singlish. It is indeed sad that as a "multi" lingual,cultural society we have lost the ability and command of not just English but also of the dialects, Malay. There is a great article written by a Malaysian Chinese studying in Peking university, about how many were surprised about her command of the language. In it, it also mentioned how LKY decides to switch to the English medium in education and completely wiped out the Chinese schools etc. I hope the Tiongs learned something from this.

It is not only the forums that is dismal in Singapore, but the question, attitude being asked and replied.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Politics & Identity & Language - the Lee Family Story

Do you know where the problem lies?

It has to do with the Malaysian Chinese chiu hu kia, Johor Ah Beng, that come to work in Singapore. 300,000 chiu hu kia crossed the Causeway everyday to work in Singapore and go back to Johor and most of them are in Chinese school and max Form 5 only.

They lack English language skill and start to from their fuck engrish and because of workplace Singaporean have to use their AH Beng engrish at work. I know because I worked in those type of work environment and overtime you have to go down to their level.

Where do you think Singlish come from? This is the problem today when you have bad or lousy neighbors and they drag you down to their level.

It is better to leave this SEA region and take your children to clever country, IMO. More you live in Singapore your children will be dragged down to the bad neighbor level. Now with Pinoy coming in it will get worst, more bad neighbors entered Singapore, I'll leave it to your imagination how it is going to be in 2030, start speaking in Tagalog?

Even Dr. M said Malaysian are copycat which mean they are cheat too; a copycat is a cheat.

You cannot 100% blame the 'jiu hu kia'....the fact is, the older ones, those coming from the "baby boomers' years speaks better English that we do & right too, it was those, when the Malaysian government took over....it went down the drain. As for Chinese, even the PRC tells me, they speak awful, with their accent...you can tell the Malaysian's apart with their typical accent...& one test, pointed out to me by a PRC..ask them to pronounce Flower in Mandarin...chances are high is, it is "far" & not "hua"...and there are other words too.

Yes, in some way we have inherited from them in speaking English & Mandarin....but we got ourselves to blame for the proliferation of Singlish & 'half baked' Chinese & Mandarin speakers...we have to thank our education ministers through the years & one of them was COUSIN TONY!!:rolleyes: